• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

strobogo

Banned
Stro is busy watching 1995 WWF

i88QWInsGAFxj.gif

Ithil

So Dean vs Seth isn't happening at MITB after all, they'll both be in the second MITB match. This show has like, no matches other than the two ladder matches.

somedevil

So Dean vs Seth isn't happening at MITB after all, they'll both be in the second MITB match. This show has like, no matches other than the two ladder matches.

They have the Usos vs Wyatt family tag match. I doubt the authority is going to Dean in that match unless he has some of Reigns stuff on him. I wonder if they will do a singles match where if Dean wins he gets into the ladder match? Oh god Kane vs Dean to get into the match.

What comments? Who takes them as gospel? I for real have no idea what you're talking about. All the things Punk has said were said on screen as part of a story line and if people believed he was shooting, that's on them.

I for real have no idea why you're hung up on the kayfabe thing. I never referenced anything Punk said in kayfabe but I'll assume the fault for not being more clear: I'm talking about comments made in interviews. And I don't believe for a second that you're naive enough to think that any given wrestler, especially Punk, doesn't have marks that are hot and bothered about how they are/were treated.

But since you are talking about kayfabe... Ziggler's gimmick, if you can call it that, is him being the "Show Off", so his tweets are perfectly in line with that and maybe you're just being worked.

11409%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20microphone%20monday_nitro%20smiling%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

Toki767

Two ladder matches + tag team title match + divas title match + Rusev squash + Bo Dallas Squash.

Zach

Early thoughts on Survivor Series 1992:

Just saw the "Brain Scan" for the first time. I don't remember this at all. It was terrible... and I love Heenan!

How is Bossman the face in this upcoming Nailz/Bossman match? Nailz seems to have some legitimate complaints. Not only does he claim to be innocent, he also says Bossman and multiple other guards handcuffed and beat him in his cell. What the heck?

strobogo

Banned
I for real have no idea why you're hung up on the kayfabe thing. I never referenced anything Punk said in kayfabe but I'll assume the fault for not being more clear: I'm talking about comments made in interviews. And I don't believe for a second that you're naive enough to think that any given wrestler, especially Punk, doesn't have marks that are hot and bothered about how they are/were treated.

But since you are talking about kayfabe... Ziggler's gimmick, if you can call it that, is him being the "Show Off", so his tweets are perfectly in line with that and maybe you're just being worked.

11409%20-%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20microphone%20monday_nitro%20smiling%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

What interviews? For real I have no idea what comments you're talking about that Punk made that weren't on the shows. His media interviews were never shooty list of complaints stuff.

Big One

Banned
Oh man...I kind of hope they cash it on the actual pay-per-view. Would be awesome. Have Randy Orton win the belt and someone comes up with the briefcase to a huge pop, cause no one wants to see Randy Orton have the belts.

Vylash

Oh man...I kind of hope they cash it on the actual pay-per-view. Would be awesome. Have Randy Orton win the belt and someone comes up with the briefcase to a huge pop, cause no one wants to see Randy Orton have the belts.

last time that happened we had a kane title reign, pls no

Are they that scared of Reigns being in singles matches?

On Main Event, they announced that the main event for Smackdown on Friday night will be a Four On Three Handicap Match featuring the seven participants in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match.
Sheamus, John Cena, and Roman Reigns will face Alberto Del Rio, Cesaro, Bray Wyatt, and Randy Orton.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fitting that I got to Starrcade 1995 this week as it's the World Cup of Wrestling show.

Easily the best PPV since...Hog Wild 1996 so far. Nothing but great wrestling.

KissVibes

Banned
Ambrose looks like a 12 year olds CAW in Smackdown vs Raw 2007.

It's gonna get real bad for him once that balding starts to get real noticeable.

Sblargh

Banned
http://taimapedia.org/index.php?title=LOLTNA_History

I'm still reading this in pure disbelief. If I were to quote everything that I believe it is so over the top stupid that there is no way in hell someone would do that for real, I would just quote the entire page.

It's like, WWE stupidity are "only" bad decisions, like hiring supermodels instead of wrestlers or bad booking and stupid sense of humor. TNA stupidity on the other hand is a kind of human flaw, I can't even explain, it's not like those people don't understand wrestling or their own audience; it's a basic lack of common sense and simple logic. And I want to believe that there were good moments to contrast with the stuff on the page, but the stupid is so stupid; not only stupid in relation to what is a good wrestling show or what is good tv, just... dumb people doing dumb stuff.

What interviews? For real I have no idea what comments you're talking about that Punk made that weren't on the shows. His media interviews were never shooty list of complaints stuff.

I never said his interviews were "shooty lists of complaints" only that comments take on a shape well past reason in the ears of some of his fans. It's as if he has a cult of personality or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN2XfQxBi9k

Here's an interview where Punk even makes my point. This isn't about whether Punk or Ziggler are complaining or if they're justified in complaining. It's about disproportionate response from people regarding those comments.

strobogo

Banned
CM Punk looked physically more impressive than Ambrose did at the time of their hirings. Punk put on muscle and leaned out and got some definition in the lead up to him getting hired. Once he knew he was on the radar, he put in the work. And then he decided he needed to bulk up once he got hired and he looked like shit and his body never recovered. Had he just stay the course, he could have had a body similar to Dean's.

idALJJBFc6Xir.gif

Top Bottom