• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Joey & Candice are a lot of fun. Probably the most I've cared about watching Joey Ryan matches in years.

Joey_Candice.gif

There seems to be a bit of a trend for intergender matches on the indies. AIW are doing an all-intergender show next month.

It is Friday morning, and Bobby Lashley is currently the top champ in wrestling by default

Thanks WWE for not stripping that scrub Bryan sooner, this is all your fault

I'll take Vaudevillians over CAW #1 and CAW #2.

Anything in moderation, but honestly, ya'll need to lighten the fuck up.

It really isn't, because we don't know if they're being called, when they're being called up and how they're being called up. This is NXT and I'll enjoy NXT being NXT for as long as NXT is allowed to remain NXT. If you know what I mean. Not really bothered with what-if's like this, we'll see.

the Vaudevillains entrance is my favorite part of NXT so far this week, fuck y'all

Vaudevillians is the greatest tag team in years. Strongman Simon Gotch is the best gimmick to ever come out of NXT.

There really has been a huge influx of fucking gimmick posters around here lately.

Help us, friend Heel.

yeahhhh not much better

I beg to differ. You couldn't pay me to watch Bobby Lashley wrestle, while I've enjoyed a bunch of AJ's matches this year.

Also, I was thinking more about prestige - you might not like the guy holding the belt, but the IWGP title is more prestigious than the TNA title. Along with about a dozen other titles in existence.

FyreWulff

Joey & Candice are a lot of fun. Probably the most I've cared about watching Joey Ryan matches in years.

Joey_Candice.gif

There seems to be a bit of a trend for intergender matches on the indies. AIW are doing an all-intergender show next month.

More possible matches and it's wrestling, there should be no reason intergender matches can't be good when you're trying to book cruiserweights vs heavyweight UFC fighters as legitimate matches.

WWE probably won't start doing it on a regular basis until Vince is dead.

Sblargh

Banned
Vince's idea of an intergender match (sans Chyna) would probably involve hilarious angles mocking domestic violence.

*Male wrestler punching and kicking a supermodel-turned-diva who can't fight back in the corner*

Jerry Lawler: "Well, that's one way to shut her up! I have to remember that when talking to one of my ex-wives!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know, when intergender matches are booked realistically between a match between a male MMA legend and a female faux MMA wrestler, you guys got really upset.

Cagey

Banned
More possible matches and it's wrestling, there should be no reason intergender matches can't be good when you're trying to book cruiserweights vs heavyweight UFC fighters as legitimate matches.

WWE probably won't start doing it on a regular basis until Vince is dead.

The Young Bucks are the size of women wrestlers anyway, don't let that GIF fool you.

A cruiserweight versus a UFC heavyweight is miles more believable than Paige doing anything remotely harmful to that cruiserweight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE doesn't touch intergender anymore, at all. Terrified of the implications.

Also AJ Styles is a great wrestler.

Been watching a fair amount of 2002-03 ROH lately. Kinda funny to see how different the product is compared to now but at the same time, a lot of things are the same.

jmdajr

¡HarlequinPanic!;117422786 said:
And I'm gonna hear what Drew McIntyre has to say!!!

...after I suffer through Jericho's intro D:

It's not so bad!

BEAT EM UP. BEAT ME UP. BREAK HIS NECK. BREAK HIS NECK.

Office bandwidth getting killed by jabronis trying to watch world cup highlight reels, the pod of thunder ain't rollin :[

as for that topic, least it isn't another "guys I don't like video games as much as I used to what's wrong with me!?!?!" one :V

Browny

Banned
TNA Press Release:

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP CHANGES HANDS

BOBBY LASHLEY WINS TITLE FOR FIRST TIME ON IMPACT WRESTLING LIVE FROM BETHLEHEM, PENN.

BETHLEHEM, Penn. (June 19, 2014) – TNA Superstar, MMA fighter, three-time amateur wrestling Collegiate National Champion and former Army man Bobby Lashley (twitter: @fightbobby) tonight became the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion, defeating reigning champion “Showtime” Eric Young during an explosive episode of IMPACT WRESTLING (Spike TV, 9/8c) broadcast live to millions around the globe from Bethlehem, Penn.

This is the first time the behemoth Lashley has held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Ranked by “Pro Wrestling Illustrator” as Rookie of the Year in 2005, Lashley has spent nearly a decade dominating the squared circle with his rare mix of size and athleticism. Lashley originally joined TNA in 2009 and after a hiatus returned to the promotion at the “Lockdown” Pay-Per-View event earlier this year. In recent weeks Lashley has joined forces with Director of Wrestling Operations MVP to wreak havoc on the TNA locker room.

Lashley is a decorated amateur and professional wrestler, including:
NAIA Collegiate National Championship (1996 - 1998)
NAIA All-American (1995 – 1998)
CISM Armed Forces Championships Senior Freestyle Medalist – Gold (2003), Silver (2002)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated Rookie of the Year (2005)
Two-time WWE ECW World Champion
WWE United States Champion
TNA World Heavyweight Champion

A savvy businessman and single father of two, Lashley resides in a suburb of Denver, Colo.

A savvy businessman

Genius.

jmdajr

¡HarlequinPanic!;117426041 said:
Office bandwidth getting killed by jabronis trying to watch world cup highlight reels, the pod of thunder ain't rollin :[

Good because I haven't heard it yet.

edit: Yeah. Say what you will about GAF, but sometimes you can get legitimate good advice. Sometimes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to make a topic on gaming-side today.

I sure hope I don't get juniored.

DMczaf

The "Am I the only one that..." threads are the fucking worst.

I need to make a "Am I the only one that hates the "Am I the only one that..." threads?" thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My Rudoreels order came in yesterday. Soaked up a bunch of 90s AJPW. It's so good, quality is amazing for what it is. I love it.

Latter is arguable, former is wrong. Dead wrong. Shit aged hard, but most (if not all) simulation sports games in the 3D era do.

I still think there is a lot of things that are done better in 2K5/2K8 than Madden, but yes, the game has indeed shown its age. It is depressing because I can only imagine how amazing 2K15 would have been =/

DMczaf

I still think there is a lot of things that are done better in 2K5/2K8 than Madden, but yes, the game has indeed shown its age. It is depressing because I can only imagine how amazing 2K15 would have been =/

This gen? It would have been microtransaction garbage if their PS4/Xbox One entry of NBA2K14 is any indication. The single player is practically a F2P model now, locking all of the good stuff behind a pay wall.

I'm so glad I bought the physical version of it at launch, was able to trade it in for $44 at Gamestop. My digital brothers on the other hand.... *nationofdomination.gif*

JavyOO7

Madden would be better if there was a competing studio who also made an competent NFL game. Though I haven't played a Madden in a while, it only makes sense that their game has slacked since there's no competition. Same goes for WWE, really.

This gen? It would have been microtransaction garbage if their PS4/Xbox One entry of NBA2K14 is any indication. The single player is practically a F2P model now, locking all of the good stuff behind a pay wall.

I'm so glad I bought the physical version of it at launch, was able to trade it in for $44 at Gamestop. My digital brothers on the other hand.... *nationofdomination.gif*

I've only played 2K14 PC version but isn't The Association Mode free from all of that? I thought it was My Player that had some sort of F2P model.

Top Bottom