• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Come on, Duncan. Lighten up.

I'll start hating the Vaudevillians when they start recreating Birth of a Nation.

EDIT: Third place but whatever, new page!

nnFDL8A8JVE.jpg

watermelon.gif

It's RAW who gives a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

i googled it. he's right, guys.

but it's also Alexa Bliss. googled that and not a cock guy to be seen
Goddammit. It's all Aiii's fault.
He's the motherfucker that wrote Alexis and I ended up typing it too.

It was his plan.

Never trust a guy that lives in some fucked up abnormal timezone

Aiii

So not worth it
Goddammit. It's all Aiii's fault.
He's the motherfucker that wrote Alexis and I ended up typing it too.

It was his plan.

Never trust a guy that lives in some fucked up abnormal timezone

I am not responsible for you Googling dicks, come on now. You know Google personalizes search results right?

RVD is acting like he hasn't been on NXT before. Also fuck why is RVD invading NXT

The Vaudevillains are tight. I think i'd prefer them as straight up silent film stars rather than vaudevillians though. Love the development of the tag team division in NXT. Call up The Ascension so they can job to the Usos already

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA Spoilers:
MVP, Kenny King and Bobby Lashley came out. Eric Young and Bobby Roode came out. They got into an argument and MVP fired both of them. A member of the TNA Board of Directors came out and rescinded the firing and told MVP that he was no longer the Director of Wrestling Operations.

[...]

Dixie Carter came out and talked about getting control of wrestling operations back. The same member of the Board of Directors came out and told her that she also isn't Director of Wrestling Operations. Dixie Carter threw a fiat and asked who it was. The man refused to tell her. Bully Ray then came out and again told Dixie she was going through a table. Ethan and Spud saved Dixie again.

[..]

The announcement was made of the new Director of Wrestling Operations. It was Kurt Angle. MVP, King and Lashley came out. They threatened Angle but Young & Roode came out for the save and cleared the ring.

haha.

PInk Tape

Banned
Impact pls. I'm still not over you showing a main title match (that changes hands) for free and that the new champ is Bobby Lashley.
RVD is acting like he hasn't been on NXT before. Also fuck why is RVD invading NXT?
He was probably lost or something. Twice. And forgot he was there once already. I mean this is RVD we're talking about here.

Hasney

Saw some of Regals commentary transcribed about the Valduevillians and now I can't wait to get home.

William Regal: "There's nothing better than seeing a chimp on a mic, is there? I-I-I-I-I..I'm - this is, uh, you couldn't get anything better to me than seeing the vaudvillains" ... "I love it! I mean we know about my friend Aiden, but Simon Gotch!! Do you know he was born on the carnival? His mother's the bearded lady, she's married -- she just remarried to the new step dad whose the rubber man. Now listen to me! Will you listen to me? ... she's pregnant. Simon asked them what do you want, a boy or a girl? She said it doesn't matter as long as it fits in the cannon! This is wonderful!"
"His sister is a fire eater, his other sister is a sword swallower."
"His grandfather was able to bend iron bars -- over his neck! When he was 91 years old!"

New wrasslin' book for the collection;

IybmDAK.jpg

Seems well written so far, but I wish so many wrestlers didn't get their starts in American Football...shit's boring as hell.

Jamie OD

Only finding out now about last night's Impact. Please tell me that Lashley won the TNA title because he cashed in his title shot from 2009.

Browny

Banned
Only finding out now about last night's Impact. Please tell me that Lashley won the TNA title because he cashed in his title shot from 2009.

That would imply an element of creative writing, only seen in the reveal of Aces & Eights...

Saying that, googling "lashley title shot 2009" brings up this forum posting from May 7th this year. Perhaps TNA were browsing the web...

Jamie OD

New wrasslin' book for the collection;

IybmDAK.jpg

Seems well written so far, but I wish so many wrestlers didn't get their starts in American Football...shit's boring as hell.

That's just how it was back then. Plenty of wrestlers were athletes who couldn't make it in the pro leagues for one reason or another. When that career ended, someone would eventually go up to them and say "Hey, you're a big guy. You ever considered wrasslin'?"

Alucard

Banned
Me. $25 is a bit steep, but it should be a good show. Hopefully they can do more PPVs on weekends when New Japan aren't touring, so as to get some NJPW contracted talent on the shows.

Duggan's only bearable in Mid-South and, even then, he sort of turns into an asshole face, to the degree that it's hard not to sympathise with DiBiase, even though he's the heel of the feud.

Nice. I'm also planning on getting the PPV on TV to support the company. I reeeaaally hope they hit their buy goal for it. I'm not so sure their promotion has been that great for it outside of their TV show, though.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs Kenta Kobashi - (AJPW 1992/02/27)

Man, NOAH's July 5th show is looking pretty great;

. GHC Heavyweight Title: Yuji Nagata (c) vs Naomichi Marufuji
. GHC Heavyweight Tag Titles: Dangan Yankees (c) vs TMDK
. Special Singles Match: Daisuke Sekimoto vs Maybach Taniguchi
. Special Tag Match: Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs Akitoshi Saito & Katsuhiko Nakajima
. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title: Daisuke Harada (c) vs Kenou
. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs Taiji Ishimori & Atsushi Kotoge

That's just how it was back then. Plenty of wrestlers were athletes who couldn't make it in the pro leagues for one reason or another. When that career ended, someone would eventually go up to them and say "Hey, you're a big guy. You ever considered wrasslin'?"

Yeah, I guess it helped that back then the money was a lot better as well - Beyer, for instance, had a choice between 4.5k a year as a football coach or $250 a week as a wrestler. You adjust for inflation and that'd be like Vince offering some kid just out of college 100k a year to be a wrestler.

Alucard said:
Nice. I'm also planning on getting the PPV on TV to support the company. I reeeaaally hope they hit their buy goal for it. I'm not so sure their promotion has been that great for it outside of their TV show, though.

The internet audience definitely isn't a priority for them - hell, they're barely advertising the fact that you can watch the iPPV via Ustream. Hopefully it does well for them on traditional PPV.

Alucard

Banned
Read the spoilers for next week's Impact. Not gonna watch it, but will catch the Sanada/Manik/Crazzy Steve/DJZ fourway on youtube once it becomes available.

TNA just makes me sad.

I've found that, even if TNA does occasionally have bright moments from time to time, it's best to ignore them because it'll be no time at all before they manage to screw things up.

I mean, what the fuck do they seriously think Bobby Lashley is going to do for them? Unless the goal was 'Make TNA even more of a laughing stock', I think they've failed in their aspirations.

Alucard

Banned
I've found that, even if TNA does occasionally have bright moments from time to time, it's best to ignore them because it'll be no time at all before they manage to screw things up.

I mean, what the fuck do they seriously think Bobby Lashley is going to do for them? Unless the goal was 'Make TNA even more of a laughing stock', I think they've failed in their aspirations.

First black champ since their belt was introduced in 2007? That's about it.

Aiii

So not worth it
TNA will never be good. It's just fact at this point. I don't think the company has really been good for any period of time. Certainly, there have been periods where they were sorta good or at least certain parts of the show were good. Roode's first title run, AA's rise, Joseph Park, esq. for instance are sort of recent examples.

But for every good example there's a Victory Road 2011, Brooke Hogan or Eric Young becoming champ four days after Daniel Bryan does outta nowhere.

Alucard

Banned
TNA will never be good. It's just fact at this point. I don't think the company has really been good for any period of time. Certainly, there have been periods where they were sorta good or at least certain parts of the show were good. Roode's first title run, AA's rise, Joseph Park, esq. for instance are sort of recent examples.

But for every good example there's a Victory Road 2011, Brooke Hogan or Eric Young becoming champ four days after Daniel Bryan does outta nowhere.

The first month of EY's title run was really good. No complaints there.

I'm going to watch the TNA New York tapings. This is my personal last straw with the company. If something is good, I'd be stubborn to ignore it. I'm not optimistic, but we'll see.

Aiii

So not worth it
Any reign that starts with: OH MY GOD WWE IS SCORING BIG WITH UNDERDOG BEARDED CHAMPION! LETS DO THAT TOO!

Is never going to be good, I am sorry Alucard, but there's no way.

Alucard

Banned
Went out with a lady
Came back to my place
Put on the Pokemon anime
Had sex anyway.

I am money in the bank.
6/10 be damned

You're such a whore, man. But congrats on the sex.

Aiii, I get where you're coming from, but there have been bright spots in TNA over the past six months. I'm starting to agree with Bootaaay that sitting through the crap isn't worth it just to get to those good parts. Maybe the only way to watch Impact is to read spoilers and track down the stuff you want to watch on youtube after the fact.

Definitely. It's a pretty bad movie tbh. Willem Defoe is the only actual good/entertaining part.

Orton comparison is apt because so many people buy into it

The most memorable part of Boondock Saints was a part of Roderick Strong's entrance for years. Movie is the Indy flippy guy match of action movies.

Sblargh

Banned
I used to like the notion of intergender matches until I saw ones and... bad vibes when a big dude grabs a girl by the hair and throws her to the floor only for people to cheer.

It's too much of a cultural minefield.

I used to like the notion of intergender matches until I saw ones and... bad vibes when a big dude grabs a girl by the hair and throws her to the floor only for people to cheer.

It's too much of a cultural minefield.
Candice & Joey are #1 on my fave five tag teams at the moment.

Top Bottom