• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

DMczaf

Madden would be better if there was a competing studio who also made an competent NFL game. Though I haven't played a Madden in a while, it only makes sense that their game has slacked since there's no competition. Same goes for WWE, really.

All of the sports sims are slacking due to no competition. The Show and NBA2K have been in cruise control for like 3-4 years now, and are now dipping into microtransactions with their in-game currency bullshit.

This generation is going to be hard on people who like sports sims.

DMczaf

I've only played 2K14 PC version but isn't The Association Mode free from all of that? I thought it was My Player that had some sort of F2P model.

They do a better job of explaining the problems with next-gen 2K

http://www.sportra.com/nba-2k14-microtransactions/

Next-gen 2K14 has done away with Association in place of MyGM, whereby you take over of a franchise as the general manager, and must make all the key decisions as you would in previous entries of the series, but can also adjust budgets around the stadium, like the prices of tickets and jerseys. In order to become a better GM, you must spend VC to level up your skills, like the ability to negotiate contracts or persuade a free agent to join your team. You’re only able to manipulate certain prices once you’re GM is at a certain level.

Earned VC can be spent in any mode on next-gen NBA 2K14, meaning I must choose where to apply my funds, and naturally, where I will commit most of my time and effort. The problem with this is that I can’t build sufficient cash to support playing both modes concurrently.

To highlight my point: I completed a match as the Knicks in MyGM, earning 150 VC for the win, but it costs over 1000 to level-up my career player’s three-point stat by one point. Because both MyGM and MyPLAYER require funds to improve, I played both could only spend in one. This meant that my abilities as a GM were hampered. I couldn’t adjust ticket prices as soon as I should have, and didn’t level up quickly enough to do the things I wanted, and I refuse to spend more money to acquire additional VC.

And this shit will be coming to WWE2K at some point, either this year or the next.

RP912

Banned
They stopped updating WCCW for some reason .

They also stopped updating ECW. I hope they update it along with raw 1995 since Monday Night Wars is on the way.

I'm starting to feel some type of way about the network. It feels more geared towards wwe saying "Hey remember when we were awesome and you have to like our brand guise" I bought the network for other wrestling promotions from the past and maybe a wwe ppv or two.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the Network is going to be doing a renewed push with Monday Night War stuff and we should get a significant content bump with it. Hell, even though there's more on the Network than I could possibly ever watch right now, I'm ready for...even more. Variety is the spice of life. Can't wait for the old territory stuff to show up.

Nice

Am I the only that thinks some of Capcom's non-japanese output was great?

Bionic Commando games: All fantastic.

Dead Rising 2 : OTR: Pretty good.

Dark Void: Demo sucked. Never tried full game.

RE: ORC: Very promising ideas and concepts. Failed on every level when it comes to execution.

DmC: Demo sucked ass. Seen enough on YT / read impressions to know that it's fucking terrible.

They also stopped updating ECW. I hope they update it along with raw 1995 since Monday Night Wars is on the way.

I'm starting to feel some type of way about the network. It feels more geared towards wwe saying "Hey remember when we were awesome and you have to like our brand guise" I bought the network for other wrestling promotions from the past and maybe a wwe ppv or two.

Yes WWE has shit Communication with the network. Tell me why content has dried up or taking so slow. No incentive to resudscribe if I can just wait for content to appear .

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bionic Commando games: All fantastic.

Dead Rising 2 : OTR: Pretty good.

Dark Void: Demo sucked. Never tried full game.

RE: ORC: Very promising ideas and concepts. Failed on every level when it comes to execution.

DmC: Demo sucked ass. Seen enough on YT / read impressions to know that it's fucking terrible.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2 were neat. Dark Void was pretty dope, but destined to be b-tier. RE:ORC was disgustingly bad in a lot of ways. DmC is fucking great.

Is there any chance the Steiners get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, or would they want to avoid the inevitable Scott Steiner promo (which would actually be the highlight and the reason you'd induct the Steiners into the Hall of Fame)?

Variety is the spice of life. Can't wait for the old territory stuff to show up.

That's what I'm talking about - if they aren't going to upload this stuff in 'season' chunks, or any sort of order for that matter, then at least dip into that huge-ass library of content and chuck up one or two vintage TV episodes from random territories each week.

Perhaps they're prioritising based on what people are watching though, wouldn't surprise me to find out that the majority have been ignoring the old-school stuff. Or at least, the non-WWE old-school stuff.

RP912

Banned
Yes WWE has shit Communication with the network. Tell me why content has dried up or taking so slow. No incentive to resin scribe if I can just wait for content to appear .

It just like me trying to finish my freebirds/midnight express match the other day and the stream froze up. I don't have the patience to keep refreshing and sliding the timebar. It's like they half ass majority of the older content.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I'm talking about - if they aren't going to upload this stuff in 'season' chunks, or any sort of order for that matter, then at least dip into that huge-ass library of content and chuck up one or two vintage TV episodes from random territories each week.

Perhaps they're prioritising based on what people are watching though, wouldn't surprise me to find out that the majority have been ignoring the old-school stuff. Or at least, the non-WWE old-school stuff.

Supposedly Legends House is driving a lot of traffic, which surprises me. If so it's hopefully a signal that we want more old stuff, but...yknow.

The interpretation of the signal is always in question.

At least Saturday Night's Main Event is starting up. Remember when there was one CotC episode out and then all of a sudden, they all released? Hoping for that. SNMEs are hype as fuck.

RP912

Banned
Is there any chance the Steiners get inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, or would they want to avoid the inevitable Scott Steiner promo (which would actually be the highlight and the reason you'd induct the Steiners into the Hall of Fame)?

Steiner would turn their hall of fame speech into a q and a shoot session. Scott gives no fucks.

Aiii

So not worth it

I am certain they will be inducted at some point or another.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;117431792 said:
Ayo, chicos. Dead Rising 3 and DmC are TIGHT.

Correct correct. DR3 is the best DR game of the whole set, really - and I loved 1 and 2. DmC is just really fucking fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's been a while since I checked in to FFXIV but goddamn the Residential districts w/houses are AMAZING. Friggin gorgeous. I want one.

I don't got a machine that can run that stuff, the impressions on the PS3 version are less than encouraging :[

yeaaahh DmC was great, I dunno. I think its important for the hot topic kids to get a nice AAA title for them sometimes, everyone else's personal feelings about dante be damned. Also the living city thing is probably the first time in a long while I felt "fuck I wish I thought of that" when playing a video game.

Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2 were neat. Dark Void was pretty dope, but destined to be b-tier. RE:ORC was disgustingly bad in a lot of ways. DmC is fucking great.

When it comes to Dark Void:

The jet pack flying was exhilarating. I really liked it. However, the shooting had absolutely no impact. The story looked pretty terrible; the "native people" you deal with were offensively bad. And it had Nolan North as the protagonist doing his Nathan Drake voice. Fuck that.

Would you say the demo was unrepresentative?

tumblr_n7g1h2qeo41stanyeo1_1280.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
I think in some roundtable they said the Von Erich patriarch had a nazi gimmick in the 50s? If so, amazing that he could have his sons wrestle with the same name and be the babyface american boys they were.

I think in some roundtable they said the Von Erich patriarch had a nazi gimmick in the 50s? If so, amazing that he could have his sons wrestle with the same name and be the babyface american boys they were.

David Shoemaker discusses this briefly in The Squared Circle. I mean, the guy's gimmick name was Fritz Von Erich. It shouldn't be a surprise that he played a pseudo-Nazi in the 1950s and 1960s.

strobogo

Banned
The "Am I the only one that..." threads are the fucking worst.

I need to make a "Am I the only one that hates the "Am I the only one that..." threads?" thread.

"It is ___ worth it?" threads are becoming my most hated. Seems like there are 2 on the front page every day. Something about the way it is asked bothers me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When it comes to Dark Void:

The jet pack flying was exhilarating. I really liked it. However, the shooting had absolutely no impact. The story looked pretty terrible; the "native people" you deal with were offensively bad. And it had Nolan North as the protagonist doing his Nathan Drake voice. Fuck that.

Would you say the demo was unrepresentative?

No, demo's pretty accurate. It isn't for anyone and I reckon it doesn't hold up anymore. I wouldn't bother, but my goodness it had a heck of a soundtrack.

Jamie OD

Fritz von Erich turned face at some point, I know that much.

strobogo

Banned
Am I the only one who always noticed how Earl Hebner would always SCREAM at Liz and tell her to shut up when she was trying to turn his attention to the heels cheating?

imQlJxt7wuFRE.gif

If I were a fresh, dumb 18 year-old coming out of high school, I could totally see myself going to Full Sail with the idea of having a chance with Alexa Bliss.

The "insider" guy on Reddit is claiming that AJ is pregnant. Not sure how legit it is, but it's being presented as such.

I'll add that the Figure Four Newsletter from last week states that the speculation going around about her pregnancy, as of last week, was not true. So take that as you will.

Top Bottom