• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Uploads Saturday Night's Main Event...

QojEPa0.jpg

...from 2006.

Drew McIntyre wants to work with AJ Styles.

More gaijins for New Japan.

Aiii

So not worth it
That awful beard though.

If there is one part of your beard you don't shave, it's your fucking chin. See also: CM Punk.

Aiii

So not worth it
kvrlkh.gif

10 of your fruity Euro bucks says The Vaudevillains BOMB in front of RAW crowds. What works in NXT doesn't necessarily work on mainstream TV and that's a problem.

It really isn't, because we don't know if they're being called, when they're being called up and how they're being called up. This is NXT and I'll enjoy NXT being NXT for as long as NXT is allowed to remain NXT. If you know what I mean. Not really bothered with what-if's like this, we'll see.

Besides, they tweaked Bo to work on main WWE, who says they can't tweak any other gimmick before people get called up?

10 of your fruity Euro bucks says The Vaudevillains BOMB in front of RAW crowds. What works in NXT doesn't necessarily work on mainstream TV and that's a problem.
It's RAW who gives a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
So I wanted to look at some more pictures of Alexis Bliss and the first image that comes up on Google is a guy holding his cock.

Thank you Internet
Thank you Wrasslegaf
i googled it. he's right, guys.

but it's also Alexa Bliss. googled that and not a cock guy to be seen

In all my years of wrestling, I don't think I've ever seen a character, a wrestler, or a gimmick downgrade so quickly over the years like Abyss.

Gave him shit about looking like ManKane, but he was good in his early(but a few years in) TNA days. He was intimidating by playing to his strengths(booking him against smaller guys to keep the monster illusion), he had decent endurance for his size, rarely saw him gassed out, and he had an amazing moveset where every move was spectacular while still not feeling like 'lemme hit my 5 moves.' Every time he's changed looks, his character, his mannerisms, and his ability have gone downhill. It's not even like I'm saying from Abyss to Joseph Park.
15.jpg

This was prime Abyss in like 2005-2006. Wasn't perfect, but he had a ton of potential. Abyss in red, Abyss in white, Abyss in that Anarchy shirt, Abyss with the new mask, etc were all worse than this Abyss, substantially. It's too bad, I think he could have been huge in Japan as a monster heel if he went there when his work was worse in TNA. But he got to work with Hogan and Flair, and I imagine he's one of the few they pay decently, so I don't blame him for it.

And Abyss is a fucking awesome ring name. Maybe one of my favorites of all time.

Early Abyss was great.

His best of DVD is hilarious though. He loses 7 out of the 8 matches on it, and the one he wins is the one where he won the NWA title from Sting, by DQ from getting thrown through a tacks table.

Top Bottom