• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

W07754.jpg

Better. don't know why his name is on the back when's its on the front

damnit, y didn't you include my edit??

chances are, if it rhymes, it has a 20 percent higher chance in making me laugh.

i'm not like dat brehs i swear.

typing with one hand is the sucks.

Finished with the first month of 1985 - New Japan's had some bright spots, but All Japan are killing it with the Jumbo vs Choshu hype. New Japan rely a lot on gaijins (not much has changed there) and while the crowd are loving the spectacle of Bundy and the madness of Abdullah, their matches leave a lot to be desired. The Cobra vs Black Tiger feud is really awesome, though, and I'm enjoying the Super Strong Machines matches, even if they're all starting to blur into one. On the AJPW side of things, Ishin Gundan invading has been amazing, the crowds are red hot for any and all Jumbo/Tenryu vs Choshu situations. Also, Killer Khan is freaking AWESOME. You can see where Tenzan took inspiration. Elsewhere, The Bulldogs are putting on some great Jr's tag matches with the likes of Tiger Mask Misawa and Masa Fuchi. The only downside is probably Tiger Jeet Singh, who I'm not really a fan of.

Going forward, February is a pretty barren month for New Japan, but they have Hulk coming in later in the month and Brody jumping ship (again) for a big match with Inoki in April, while All Japan step up the AJPW vs Ishin Gundan feud and have some awesome gaijin talent returning to Japan in the form of The Road Warriors, Harley Race and Stan Hansen.

Oh, dammit, I really wish Sheffield wasn't a shithole/200 miles away;

RpjL5RZ.jpg

Someone should do something on rivalry between all japan and new japan

I'd love a documentary or book on the history of pro-wrestling in Japan, there's a real lack of solid, sourced information in English - everything I know about it has been picked up reading articles and message boards over the years.

strobogo

Banned
I hate this wishy washy might rain, might not kind of weather. Can't really get out on the bike when it could start storming hard 3 miles in, or might not even sprinkle, but you can't tell because it changes every ten minutes.

Top Bottom