• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

I chalk up all the bullying to WWE's bad product. We're supposed to be a support system and when you get too close then people start taking liberties. You don't get in this business to make friends, you get in it to make money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Listen guys, allow me to be serious for a moment.

Here is the thing, I know some of you guys like to make jokes about guys. But the thing is that you don't let up sometimes and it is a constant, mostly unprovoked, barrage of jokes, even when the guy isn't around. And that is all fun and what not, but for the guy on the receiving end, to be the punchline to a joke all the time you come into the thread is just not as fun.

It is not like it is an emo "boohoo they don't like me thing" either, it is more a "I don't really need this, so why bother?" Kind of thing. So seriously, take a step back and look at how you post and if it's really necessary to post like that all the time.

Figured I would put it out there, I am sure this will be ignored or whatever.

It's also up to the person getting ribbed to say when enough's enough. Omerta's real. How are we to know when to stop? Good judgment isn't a prerequisite toward being an illustrious WrassleGAFfer.

DMczaf

For all the shit talking about the irony of WWE doing a Be A Star program around here, we are just as bad as them.

Just as bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For all the shit talking about the irony of WWE doing a Be A Star program around here, we are just as bad as them.

Just as bad.

soupisgood_medium.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let me ask you something. As much as Raw was filled with jobber squashes back then... They were jobber squashes, and you knew what they were. It was different faces getting beaten up by different guys.

Ok, is today's 'Kofi Kingston vs Miz in a non-feud that nobody cares about, evenly paced match' better than those jobber squashes? I say no.

Let me ask you something. As much as Raw was filled with jobber squashes back then... They were jobber squashes, and you knew what they were. It was different faces getting beaten up by different guys.

Ok, is today's 'Kofi Kingston vs Miz in a non-feud that nobody cares about, evenly paced match' better than those jobber squashes? I say no.

I'm with the giant metal dragon lord on this one.

Agreed completely. RVD said a long time ago they needed to go back to squash matches to let guys explode on people and showcase their stuff in 3-5 minute matches since there's no Monday Night War anymore to keep people from watching the other channel.

UberTag

I concur. At least jobber squashes were all about builds. And when two people with names fought each other instead of jobbers, there was a story being mapped out from beginning to end and wins and losses actually mattered. They developed rivalries and stories took shape. Even if it was over stupid shit like Papa Shango cursing the Ultimate Warrior and making him bleed green food dye.

This guy;

iDaMFCANtNvYD.gif

Is wrestling this guy;

ipI8y4uHvfkMv.gif

In, like, 8 hours. Should be pretty good.

NJPW "DOMINION 6.21", 06.212014
Osaka BODYMAKER COLOSSEUM

www.ustream.tv/NJPW - $25

1. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson (c) vs. Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA
2. Tetsuya Naito vs. Tama Tonga
3. Yuji Nagata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
4. NWA World Tag Team Title: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Ricochet
6. Special Tag Match: Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
7. Special Tag Match: Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii vs. AJ Styles & Yujiro Takahashi
8. IWGP Tag Team Title: Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe
9. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Bad Luck Fale

UberTag

¡HarlequinPanic!;117505796 said:
Well hey, with all those budget cuts jobber squashes might not be all that far off
I'd rather see local indy talent getting squashed instead of having them hop around like idiots in Adam Rose's party posse.

Counter point. Squash matches do jack shit for anyone. how many weeek has DEl rio beat zack ryder, ziggler or kofi to showcase his " aggressiveness. Ryback squashed dudes for months and look at him now. 90% of raw is just to fill time so its ultimately useless one way or the other

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wish Real Ass Undertaker was around and not old because I just imagine him doing this to Adam Rose one night and writing him off tv forever
igzxXNiq645DZ.gif

raw5ers1p.gif

Counter point. Squash matches do jack shit for anyone. how many weeek has DEl rio beat zack ryder, ziggler or kofi to showcase his " aggressiveness. Ryback squashed dudes for months and look at him now. 90% of raw is just to fill time so its ultimately useless one way or the other

You mean how Ryback was incredibly over from squashing guys for months? He didn't lose his heat because of his squash matches. He lost them because of lolheelturn.

They aren't, because Miz and Kofi are both jobbers, so no one benefits, which amounts to a waste of time

Top Bottom