• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

You mean how Ryback was incredibly over from squashing guys for months? He didn't lose his heat because of his squash matches. He lost them because of lolheelturn.

He lost it because they freaked out over Cena getting injured and booked him in a corner with CM Punk and pretty much had to have him lose.

Realtalk: Did anyone think Miz had a chance to kind of blossom...?

er...not asking because miz/morrison falls count anywhere wound up being one of my favorite matches of 2011 or anything... D:

in a perfect world him and punk could've had a great feud with legit heat over how they both nurtured their characters and brought it to wwe and had to fight for respect but man, miz was just a snooze in the ring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not a perfect world if Miz 'The Mike' Oullett is employed.

Spiders I just listened to some terrible 'artsy attempt' by Johnny Rotten in a Public Image song, and it made me think of you.

¡HarlequinPanic!;117507155 said:
Realtalk: Did anyone think Miz had a chance to kind of blossom...?

er...not asking because miz/morrison falls count anywhere wound up being one of my favorite matches of 2011 or anything... D:

in a perfect world him and punk could've had a great feud with legit heat over how they both nurtured their characters and brought it to wwe and had to fight for respect but man, miz was just a snooze in the ring.

I feel like there was a time where I sort of thought 'good on him, he's worked hard for this' and now I'm just like 'Man, he's still around...' I think it's his terrible face runs that make me not like him. Strangely.

UberTag

For a program with real heat behind it, I don't think The Miz & Michael Cole vs. Daniel Bryan lasted nearly long enough.
Of course, it was cut short to plug Mike into the world title picture and the inevitable credibility-killing Cena feud.

kiguel182

Lol Dreamer talking about "thousands in attendance" with only 700 people there.

Also, all this crowd pandering is so dumb. Every face has the same "I do it for these people" line.

It's annoying when Bryan does it but TNA takes it to another level.

UberTag

Also, all this crowd pandering is so dumb. Every face has the same "I do it for these people" line.

Did the most over face of all-time "Stone Cold" Steve Austin ever pander to the crowd with "I do it for these people" bullshit? I think not.
He did what he did for himself and we loved him for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did the most over face of all-time "Stone Cold" Steve Austin ever pander to the crowd with "I do it for these people" bullshit? I think not.

I don't even think 'the other peoples' champion' DDP did.

strobogo

Banned

He did it for the Working Man. OOOOOOOOOOHHH HEEEEEELLLLL YEAHHHH

PSSST AUDIO WHOOP ASS

DEER HUNTER 2K14

COUGARHUNTER.COM

Top faces pandering to their audience is pretty common. Hulk pandered to and did it for all his Hulkamaniacs. Sting did it for all his Little Stingers. Warrior did it for all his Little Warriors. The Rock did it for The People. Rikishi did it for The Rock. HBK did it for The Kliq.

This guy might just be my new favourite straight-up gimmick wrestler ever

https://twitter.com/LuchaFreddie

BbFVNnxIQAA9XJP.jpg

A Luchador Freddie Mercury.

somedevil

Lol Dreamer talking about "thousands in attendance" with only 700 people there.

Well for Bryan it makes sense because the people gave him all his success. If you listen to his interview with Jericho none of this was planned for him. Basically the audience had to hijack shows especially royal rumble to get vince to cave in.

kiguel182

It's what annoys me in all of this.

As a character they have no motivation. They do it "for the people". I get the idea but I can't relate.

If we have what we want we will be happy, there's no need to be pointed out they are doing it for us. I think it cheapens it.

We get behind character motivations and this isn't that.

He did it for the Working Man. OOOOOOOOOOHHH HEEEEEELLLLL YEAHHHH

PSSST AUDIO WHOOP ASS

DEER HUNTER 2K14

COUGARHUNTER.COM

Top faces pandering to their audience is pretty common. Hulk pandered to and did it for all his Hulkamaniacs. Sting did it for all his Little Stingers. Warrior did it for all his Little Warriors. The Rock did it for The People. Rikishi did it for The Rock. HBK did it for The Kliq.

God I miss that video of Austin's 3:16 promo dubbed over with cougar website plugging

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'I do it for the fans' is a gimmick you give to a plucky up and coming high flyer white meat babyface with no gimmick until he develops a gimmick.

Not to your champion.

kiguel182

Well for Bryan it makes sense because the people gave him all his success. If you listen to his interview with Jericho none of this was planned for him. Basically the audience had to hijack shows especially royal rumble to get vince to cave in.

I was going to add that it made sense for Bryan but then I thought about it. While it's true that the audience it's the one that push him for it they didn't have to remove the fact that he fought for it all his career.

They had that video package that showed that (the one with the Imagine Dragons song) and I loved it, but on the shows he was all "these people want this" instead of "I deserve this and they support me". I think it changed the whole attitude.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dominion's gonna be so good. Maybe I can struggle to stay up...maybe!

Sblargh

Banned
I don't think Bryan says he does it *for* the people; but that he is able to be where he belongs given he is the damn best wrestler in the world *because* of the people. Which is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWZ32YTFw4

If anything it's the crowd who doesn't stop pandering to him.
-
I think it's Steph who says "he want to do it for you".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
¡HarlequinPanic!;117509660 said:
"I dig crazy chicks" t-shirt was the nadir of CM Punk's career.

We had a Daniel Bryan and Punk feud and instead of making it about them, they made it about AJ aka Sable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;117509660 said:
"I dig crazy chicks" t-shirt was the nadir of CM Punk's career.

That was probably worse than the midcard, the...everything. Yeah, I think that was the worst.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, I ain't into lolli moe shit. I fully supported the Bravely Default "censorship" and I don't say "but she is 2,000 years old" when seeing little girls in games dress scandalously. Recettear is legit and not because of the art.

...did you ever get around to playing Katawa Shoujo or Hatoful Boyfriend?

not Katawa Shoujo. Thought Hatoful Boyfriend wasn't out yet. The pigeon one

kiguel182

I don't think Bryan says he does it *for* the people; but that he is able to be where he belongs given he is the damn best wrestler in the world *because* of the people. Which is true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpWZ32YTFw4

If anything it's the crowd who doesn't stop pandering to him.
-
I think it's Steph who says "he want to do it for you".

That promo is his celebration after Mania so it's fitting that he thanks the fans. But it seems like he downplays himself in the process. People love him and chant FOR him. He was overlooked but he thrived because he was good and the audience saw it. I know the fans have played a part and it's good for them to recognise them but I think he downplays himself when saying that. I also hate how he says "these people" but that's just a pet peeve.

Also, that video you posted, was such an awesome moment. Could've been the start of something awesome if they hadn't put him on a feud with Kane. Imagine a HHH vs Bryan part 2 with that heat. And then the injury just threw everything out of the window. The guy had the worst luck, life is unfair.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That face Punk angle was a real dark period in retrospect. Like I hated it at the time, but the more I think about it the more I notice all the problems with it.

•Kane in 2011
•Heel Bryan then wasn't as good as Heel Bryan during the Mark Henry/Big Show feud because, again, he felt like a third wheel to AJ.
•Punk being a face

I think the Dolph feud before the D Bry feud was better honestly. At least we got a good match out of it. And Dolph had a great look with the short, bleached hair.
22412.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how many mental midgets think it's meant in the context of "Capitalism, you whore" instead of the obvious "onwards!" context.

Top Bottom