• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

I'd argue that the top WWE guy doesn't need to know a whole lot of wrasslin'. He is there to move merch and get them kids paying the bills. I will call him hot garbage when he does some Cena bullshit of making his opponent look absolutely terrible.

I'll grant that vomiting skit is a horrible omen.

Agreed, and that Last Man Standing match was pretty great on both sides. Cena can be regularly awful, but he's also good at times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who's in for GLORY tomorrow night? We need to mingle with MMA-GAF because GLORY is the best of both worlds.

kiguel182

I'm re-watching the Cena and Bryan promo and I can't believe they were going to use Bryan to put Orton over and then have no payoff to it at all.

This whole Bryan saga is so baffling. The way they managed this is just something else.

EDIT: Cena using cancer kids to put himself over is one of the most cringe and awful things I have ever seen. Specially in a face vs face promo. This guy...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah, I ain't into lolli moe shit.
recettear-2010-09-20-00-56-47-04.png

let me guess, she's 3,000 years old

Sblargh

Banned
I really wanna watch Dominion, but them twenty five dollars is too much. :(

It's not too much in a one-time deal, but that's a habit I have to avoid creating.

I'm re-watching the Cena and Bryan promo and I can't believe they were going to use Bryan to put Orton over and then have no payoff to it at all.

This whole Bryan saga is so baffling. The way they managed this is just something else.

And they didn't even put over Orton. Truly bizarre.

somedevil

Bryan said him itself in his interview with Jericho the whole thing after Summerslam was to put over Orton. Instead it backfired amazingly. He said best in his interview that his success was based on lucky breaks and the fans.

strobogo

Banned
What the fuck did that guy full on admit to being a pedo later on in that thread?

I prefer to treat the internet as somewhere I can be honest about who I am, and defend myself against prejudice where I encounter it.

This is after people had a negative reaction to him saying a 12 year old camel toe was a beautiful thing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck did that guy full on admit to being a pedo later on in that thread?

This is after people had a negative reaction to him saying a 12 year old camel toe was a beautiful thing.

"Prejudice"

iCHCMGbCeKkmV.gif

ik7QgtbXj8gQt.gif

itW7Sr35LnPga.gif

Sblargh

Banned

Nah, bro, they were building for Bryan to eventually get the title. It wasn't supposed to be at wrestlemania, but they kept putting Bryan over Orton for months. If they wanted to just hand it to Orton, they would have just written him off TV or created a new feud right away.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well thanks to the sheer kindness of Mr. Luchador, I'm ignoring the fact I'm terribly behind in all things wrestling and just jumping right back into conversation. Clearly kindness works for WrassleGAF.

Fav Five unimportant returns.

1. Brian Christopher coming back to insult his father during the Cole feud. The audience had no idea who he was.
2. Koji Kanemoto to start up Team 2000 Jr., where he everyone wanted to see him be a strong willed punk that would eventually backstab Chrono, but we didn't get much out of that.
3. Val Venis in 2002 to team up with Chuck Palumbo just to fill out space on the card that others didn't want.
4. "Hey ... hey... that's that's Christian!" toa mostly silent crowd.
5. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, because it's really a fun wrestling game you can download for PS3 right now.

Well thanks to the sheer kindness of Mr. Luchador, I'm ignoring the fact I'm terribly behind in all things wrestling and just jumping right back into conversation. Clearly kindness works for WrassleGAF.

Fav Five unimportant returns.

1. Brian Christopher coming back to insult his father during the Cole feud. The audience had no idea who he was.
2. Koji Kanemoto to start up Team 2000 Jr., where he everyone wanted to see him be a strong willed punk that would eventually backstab Chrono, but we didn't get much out of that.
3. Val Venis in 2002 to team up with Chuck Palumbo just to fill out space on the card that others didn't want.
4. "Hey ... hey... that's that's Christian!" toa mostly silent crowd.
5. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, because it's really a fun wrestling game you can download for PS3 right now.
I like your scrooge mcduck avatar friend. Welcome

kiguel182

Bryan said him itself in his interview with Jericho the whole thing after Summerslam was to put over Orton. Instead it backfired amazingly. He said best in his interview that his success was based on lucky breaks and the fans.

And they didn't even put over Orton. Truly bizarre.

That's the thing. It did nothing for Orton, nothing. He had no heat and nobody cared for him once it was obvious Bryan was not getting the title.

And then placed Big Show there for some reason. It was just so baffling. I mean, why put him into SummerSlam and then just give it to Orton?

Then people thought they were saving it for a Rumble win, which would make sense. But we all know what happened.

This whole thing was so fascinating and baffling at the same time. Also, Bryan is too humble. They weren't lucky breaks or the fans. It was his work that created those things. He is just so good that they couldn't keep him down.

In the end, I hope someone covers this all up in detail with comments from all involved, it would be an amazing watch.

Mengetsu

I just watched The Animal Unleashed Documentary and wow Dave is so humble. It was cool learning about him since I wasn't watching wrestling in the mid 2000's. It was a bit on the short side but I enjoyed it.

kiguel182

That anime thread is the worst. And they ignore that guy like what he was saying was normal...

And the worst thing we do is short people jokes guys

strobogo

Banned
Superbrawl 1995 is a DOGSHIT show.

You want to see Alex Wright vs Paul Roma where Roma won't sell or give Alex any offense because he didn't want to put him over?

You want a 17 minute Nasty Boys/Harlem Heat match?

You want a 16 minute very out of shape Repo Man vs Dustin Rhodes match?

You want a 7 minute Kevin vs Dave Sullivan match?

You want a 12 minute Jim DOOGUN vs Buckhouse Bunk match?

You want a skinny Hogan vs out of shape, unmotivated Vader match where Vader appears to be blown up 5 minutes in, has Vader kick out of the leg drop at 1, then Hogan kick out of a powerbomb and big splash to not even Hulk Up, but immediately get up and kick the shit out of Vader and Ric Flair?

Then this is the show for you.

dream

G-Fex, who you all welcome back every time he comes crawling back with his tail between his legs, likes anime. Just saying.

somedevil

G-Fex, who you all welcome back every time he comes crawling back with his tail between his legs, likes anime. Just saying.

Just asking but why do you always post negative things about him all the time? If he bothers you so much just put him on ignore.

Alucard

Banned
Also watching Mr. NXT for the first time now too. Fun stuff, and Zayn looking disbelieving is great.

Consider Ring of Honor and NXT my weekly wrestling shows of choice.

Top Bottom