• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Alucard

Banned
Kaz sold his arm wonderfully in that matchup. Very fun tag team wrestling there.

Elgin looks much better with the shaved head. I'll be damned.

Alucard

Banned
Adam Cole is great, but you know that Elgin is finally getting his comeuppance here. There have been no title changes on this show, and ROH will want to keep people talking after this show. You do that by putting the main title on the fan fave babyface who is way overdue.

Alucard

Banned
So glad I recorded this. I'll definitely be re-watching it. Outside of the first two matches, which weren't necessarily bad but just not "good," I'd say ROH's live PPV debut was a great success.

SnoopySillyKoala.gif

RepulsiveScratchyFruitfly.gif

Alucard

Banned

It's beautiful. Thank you.

Re-watching Cedric vs. Roderick right now. This match was really freaking good too.

Match quality by order IMO:

1. Elgin vs. Cole
2. Daniels/Kaz vs. ReDRagon
3. Cedric vs. Roderick
4. Briscoes vs. Hardy/Bennett
5. Steen vs. Silas (awesome post-match angle)
6. Taven vs. Lethal
7. Six-Sided Mayhem

They basically got the two weakest matches out of the way right away, and the remaining five bouts were all really entertaining for different reasons.

Alucard

Banned
That was a good, fun PPV. World title match was built as being a big deal and it paid off.

Absolutely. Tonight felt like a landmark show for ROH. It wasn't on the level of a Wrestlemania, but it was close for a fan who's been following the promotion regularly for a while now.

Top Bottom