• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

JavyOO7

Watching the Beyond the Ring doc about the AWA. One thing that gets my eye is the snippets they are showing of Hogan vs Bockwinkel is the quality. Looks god like. Can't wait to see AWA stuff on the network eventually.

e6bca99d8a.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
Oh man, watching this AWA documentary. Hogan was already a big star when Vince nabbed him. He already had the catchphrases, the name, the maneirisms, the merchandising, he was already famous. Documentary isn't even subtle in saying that 80s WWF was in large part AWA, but with better grasp of how to make a deal with TV stations.

having surgery in about 15 hours and i can't stop thinking about it. i know it's all gonna be fine but the idea of being put into sleep with anesthetics still scares the bejeezus out of me. even if it's surgery on my wrist. :/

Heel

having surgery in about 15 hours and i can't stop thinking about it. i know it's all gonna be fine but the idea of being put into sleep with anesthetics still scares the bejeezus out of me. even if it's surgery on my wrist. :/

You'll be fine, Duncan. May your dreams be filled with Sina.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It'll be over before you know it, stay strong Duncan.

It is a crazy concept. Had my knee worked on last month and had to be put under for a bit. It'll be all good. Just have some record your post surgery gibberish.

DiscoJon

Banned
Your Professional Wrestling World Champions as of 6/23/14

WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Vacant
generic_full3b.png

NXT Champion: Adrian Neville
220px-NXT_Champion_Adrian_Neville.jpg

IWGP Heavyweight Champion: A.J. Styles
395.jpg

ROH World Champion: Michael Elgin
elginbio.png

Chikara Grand Champion: Icarus
RosterICARUS.jpg

Dragon Gate Open the Dream Gate Champion: Yamato
Dragon-Gate-Dead-or-Alive-9.jpg

DGUSA Open the Freedom Gate Champion: Ricochet
9131069.jpg

TNA World Champion: Bobby Lashley
LashleyWithBelt1-e1403265873835.jpg

PWG World Champion: Kyle O'Reilly
H3IAxRN.jpg

AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion: Takao Ōmori
220px-Takao_%C5%8Cmori.JPG

NWA Worlds Heavyweight Champion: Rob Conway
CONWAY-BELT-e1403323040838.jpg

Progress Wrestling Champion: Jimmy Havoc
img_0190_editsm.jpg

CZW Heavyweight Champion: Biff Busick
heavyweightSmall.png

Revolution Pro Heavyweight Champion: 'Party' Marty Scurll
U71NhsP.jpg

Resistance Pro Heavyweight Champion: JOCEPHUS
egochamp.jpg

GHC Heavyweight Champion: Yuji Nagata
nagataarmbar.PNG

ZERO1 World Heavyweight Champion: Kohei Sato
910kouhei.jpg

KO-D Openweight Champion: Harashima
harashima070701_490m.jpg

CMLL World Heavyweight Champion: El Terrible
El-Terrible.jpg

AAA World Heavyweight Champion: El Texano, Jr.
El-Texano-Jr.1.jpg

OVW Heavyweight Champion: Marcus Anthony
marcusanthony.png

Browny

Banned

You'll be fine - all the best!

It is a crazy concept. Had my knee worked on last month and had to be put under for a bit. It'll be all good. Just have some record your post surgery gibberish.

Oh God yes - this a thousand times. I think I remember asking for more morphine repeatedly, only to be told I already had three drips in me.

Who's the DGUSA Champion?

Ricochet's the current Open the Freedom Gate champ.

Also, Yuji Nagata's the GHC Champion, Kohei Sato's the ZERO1 champion, Biff Busick's the current CZW champion, Harashima's the DDT champion, El Terrible is the CMLL champion & El Texano Jr's the AAA champion.

*edit, 'Party' Marty Scurll's the Revolution Pro Heavyweight Champion;

U71NhsP.jpg

Kenta Kobashi vs Terry Gordy - (AJPW 1993/05/21)

Kenta Kobashi vs Steve Williams - (AJPW 1993/08/31)

Kobashi vs The Miracle Violence Connection! Fun match with Gordy, then Kobashi faces Dr. Death to determine the no.1 contender for Misawa's Triple Crown Championship. This is the famous match where Kobashi eats a ton of backdrop drivers and both guys generally just beat the shit out of each other.

Also I kind of like the Nazi staff, but I'm not very fond of the tag titles...

Both are pretty ridiculous, but the staff's grown on me - the shield just looks silly.

this ROH PPV is not bad so far. Finished up Alexander/Strong, which was good. Lethal/Taven was okay, Lethal seems like a good heel based on that video package. Opener was a mess and mostly about everyone getting their shit in, but it was my first time seeing ACH and he's hella impressive. gonna watch the rest tomorrow.

Alucard

Banned
I'm still pumped after Best in the World last night. There was so much good done, and I hope it's just the beginning of the company offering live PPVS on TV. If they can do 3 or 4 a year, that would be great. Perhaps do these on PPV every year...

Anniversary show
Best in the World
Glory by Honor
Final Battle

I also think the company needs to get its shit in gear on the online front. Their site is updated too infrequently in 2014.

Browny

Banned
WWE should bring back Lashley,could be a good addition the talent pool.

Lashley's 37, and not the most talented either in the ring or on the mic. They've got Bork for that MMA publicity too...

Also, dirt sheets were reporting last week that the E aren't really looking to bring in anyone over 30 - they've got enough old'uns hogging the spot light already (oooooo).

Listening to LAW review the ROH PPV. They called Sinclair getting superkicked "the best ref bump ever." LOL.

Well that superkick looked stiff as hell. I'm sure refs have taken bigger bumps, but that probably hurt quite a bit. Maybe not deserving of the hyperbole, but definitely worthy of recognition.

Striker

Lashley's 37, and not the most talented either in the ring or on the mic. They've got Bork for that MMA publicity too...

Also, dirt sheets were reporting last week that the E aren't really looking to bring in anyone over 30 - they've got enough old'uns hogging the spot light already (oooooo).
They're pushing (lol?) new blood Adam Rose and he's in his mid 30's.

Browny

Banned
They're pushing (lol?) new blood Adam Rose and he's in his mid 30's.

True - although he was "just" 30 when he came in as Kruger, and that was FWC days too (pre-Performance Centre).

Steen and Devitt are 30 and 33, so that does kinda go against last week's rumour. I can see the argument being there - more "homegrown" and molded, no real problems with merch and rights - but there will always be "that guy" that you want to bring in.

Fuck, why is Samoa Joe so damn fat...

Aiii

So not worth it
I just laughed entirely too hard at the "WE FUCKED UP" chant after the crowd threw the streamers too early, well played Nashville crowd.

That said, what a pay-per-view. Kudos to ROH, great showing, great crowd, great matches. Perfect.

Also, so happy for Kaz and Daniels for breaking free of TNA for this. Great.

ROH and NXT are currently saving American pro-wrestling from being complete shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Look on the bright side, at least

Top Bottom