• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't blame Miz though. Got pushed all the way to the top of the company only for the inevitable burial by Cena to happen. Most guys never recover. It took Wade years to shake that shit off.

But then he got back to the top again by marrying Maryse. So it all worked out for him. Haters wanted.

I don't blame Miz though. Got pushed all the way to the top of the company only for the inevitable burial by Cena to happen. Most guys never recover. It took Wade years to shake that shit off.

But then he got back to the top again by marrying Maryse. So it all worked out for him. Haters wanted.

It's a test to see if you have the talent to sustain, as in your push isn't what's propping you up. Anyone can be propped up, but only those with talent stay up. Miz was propped up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep. I don't approve of it, but the fact that Bray has been able to stay above water while stuck with the Cena albatross is nothing short of amazing.

Yeah, Carlito left on extremely bad terms. Refused rehab after showing up in bad shape.

Interesting Carlito note you probably didn't know: He was supposed to be the career rival with Cena, as a future main event headliner after both guys got big pushes. Obviously, that never happened.

Mid 00 WWE was terrible. Even worse than Early 90s WWF as far as I'm concerned, as I didn't have the ignorance of youth to blind my judgement with the crap they put out between 2005-2008 or so.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn, spending my day rewriting security warnings. Is this what my life is?

Ref bump of the year

tumblr_n7lyth4yga1rqu47to1_400.gif

How do they even do that without taking the full brunt of the kick while looking realistic. Is the superkick-er stopping short, or is there actually some impact? Is it all on the superkick-ee to whip his head back to imitate the impact?

UberTag

Yeah, Carlito left on extremely bad terms. Refused rehab after showing up in bad shape.

Interesting Carlito note you probably didn't know: He was supposed to be the career rival with Cena, as a future main event headliner after both guys got big pushes. Obviously, that never happened.
So which of my alternate suggestions for Epico replacement do you like then? (Which one is he anyhow? Diego? Fernando? Does it make a difference?)

A) Hunico pulls double-duty; nobody notices or cares
B) Ricardo gets the gig and commentary makes fun of his weight
C) Sami gets promoted from NXT and gets to be a masked luchador again

I'll even throw out some additional suggestions...

D) Kalisto gets promoted from NXT and keeps doing what he's already doing
E) Primo tag teams with El Torito and feuds with Heath Slater and Hornswoggle for the next year until Epico is healthy again
F) Del Rio pulls double-duty so he can get cheered by the fans; eventually gets exposed

Mid 00 WWE was terrible. Even worse than Early 90s WWF as far as I'm concerned, as I didn't have the ignorance of youth to blind my judgement with the crap they put out between 2005-2008 or so.
It was just so boring. Like 90 percent of the roster had no it factor, they were just guys. The only people worth a damn had already established themselves during the attitude era, and everyone from the ruthless aggression era was on their way out.

XenoRaven

How do they even do that without taking the full brunt of the kick while looking realistic. Is the superkick-er stopping short, or is there actually some impact? Is it all on the superkick-ee to whip his head back to imitate the impact?
I think the way it works is that the bottom of wrestling boots are relatively soft, the super kicker hits the opponent with the front part of their foot instead of the heel and the recipient turns their head at the last second.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
More good news:
- WWE will be adding episodes of Saturday Night’s Main Event to the WWE Network in the next few weeks.

Someone needs to bring 12 posters to a TV taping that just say John Cena Sucks repeated four times.

On the reverse they can read "My Client Brock Lesnar Conquered The Undertaker's Streak at Wrestlemania XXX"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just going to leave this here.... I am proud of this moment.

This is wonderful. Wonderful!

Please be the 85-92 run and not the 06-08 run.

Glad to hear we'll be getting more old school and WCCW eps, laos.

I think it'll be all of them. The 06 SNME is already out there. I hope it releases in a flood like they did with CotC.

Son Of D

So I've decided to try and post in here more often.

2005-2008 was a poor time for WWE. It's hard to list all the strange decisions or plans they had. Although Edge cashing in his MITB was a great moment despite the short reign he had.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The most exciting thing for SNME for me is the crowds. SNME had this cross-culture big event feel to it that you kinda got a sense of with Clash of the Champions but it felt more mainstream, more ingrained in America's culture. It feels like...like you were there. I miss those times. SNME crowd are hot as hell and feel so good. That's what I'm excited about.

And LOTS of promos. Fucking loved em.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
So which of my alternate suggestions for Epico replacement do you like then? (Which one is he anyhow? Diego? Fernando? Does it make a difference?)

E) Primo tag teams with El Torito and feuds with Heath Slater and Hornswoggle for the next year until Epico is healthy again
F) Del Rio pulls double-duty so he can get cheered by the fans; eventually gets exposed

G) Zack Ryder. He, in matador gimmick can feud with the Bunny he may or may not be.

The best thing "Caribbean Cool" Carlito ever did was get verbally run down by "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

I actually was a fan of Carlito in terms of potential. He had a lot of moves and abilities, especially using the first rope to bounce off of, that showed him off to be quite athletic and able to do "spot" moves for the audience without ever being too dangerous including what Cody Rhodes later did as the Disaster Kick.

Shame he just stopped caring and wasted, in both meanings of the word, himself and his body for as long as did. Only ever had a few good matches when he returned to his father. I doubt they would have made him as big as Cena, but he could have been a fun midcarder with enjoyable story lines.

I may or may not have just wanted him to get stuck in a Hair vs Hair match.

JavyOO7

Please be the 85-92 run and not the 06-08 run.

Glad to hear we'll be getting more old school and WCCW eps, laos.

No worries. 06-08 run will be uploaded first. I'm sure Cener is in all of 'em during that period so hence it goes first.

The classic episodes will be uploaded next year to entice fellas to resubscribe.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

B & F

Ricardo and ADR should take over Los Matadores.

I'm going with E.

Interview today. Gonna bring my best Stardust game.
Good luck... don't forget the gloves.

strobogo

Banned
So I had a date with a 36 year old, she paid, and walked me to my car to kiss me. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Tits for days, as the Mommy's would say, though.

I know some people like the Crysis games and maybe I'm playing them the wrong way but I thought those games were awful.

Crysis 1 was pretty sweet. Great "create your own fun" sandbox game. Of course, it goes to worst game of all time territory when the aliens show up.

Crysis 2 was fun, albeit pretty average. Better than your standard shooter these days.

Never bothered with Crysis 3.

Top Bottom