• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Hulk vs Fujinami was the fucking SHIT! I love the Hulkster in Japan. The match starts off much as you'd expect, until Fujinami gets too fucking cute with his kicks and pisses Hulk off. Axe Bombaaaaaaah! Fuj refuses to stay down thougj and rallies, taking Hulk well beyond his limit and giving him the fight of his life. He busts Hulk open the hard way and the big man's reeling, but a desperation Axe Bomber wins it for him and Hulk retains. Both guys brawl after the match, Fujinami locking Hulk in a cloverleaf. Fuck, that was fun. A good match to show the "Hulk can't wrestle" crowd.

Kobashi/Kikuchi vs Krofatt/Furnass is probably my favorite tag match of all time... but I do remember some amazing six man tags with Misawa and Jumbo in it before Misawa and Jumbo had their first big singles match. I think in one of those matches it was established that Misawa was the shit because he held his own against Jumbo. I forget. Hopefully I remember when I get home. =p

Yeah, the new generation of Misawa, Kobashi and Kawada vs Baba, Jumbo and Taue - those six mans were a ton of fun and you're correct, we got to see Misawa holding his own against Jumbo and eventually getting a pin on Jumbo in those matches. I loved seeing Jumbo turning into a mean, grumpy bastard as he felt his position threatened. Awesome stuff.

The Kobashi/Kikuchi vs Can Am Express match is awesome, but the crowd really help bring it to that level. It does have that great underdog story with Kikuchi, though, which I love. For my money the Kobashi/Misawa vs Holy Demon Army feud produced some of the greatest tag matches ever.

BOLA lineup updated;

01. Matt Sydal
02. Drew Gulak
03. Trevor Lee
04. Chris Sabin
05. Johnny Gargano
06. Brian Myers (Curt Hawkins)
07. Michael Elgin
08. Biff Busick
09. Kyle O'Reilly
10. Brian Cage
11. ACH
12. Zack Sabre Jr.
13. Rich Swann
14. Trent Barretta
15. Cedric Alexander
16. AJ Styles

Watching Hulk vs Fujinami from 85. Hulk was ridiculously over in Japan at this point and looks almost bemused that the fans are cheering huge for him over the native hero Fujinami.

Styles going from G1 to BOLA is going to wreck him.

Buswick is the only one I don't recognize, but that's a great line-up.

They get their meal paid for at the IHOP 5 minutes away from the venue too.

They get 5 private minutes with actress and PWG fan Gillian Jacobs.

Jesus, that BOLA lineup is looking fantastic. I don't know if I can handle G1 and that back-to-back. BOLA is on iPPV, right?

Nope. It'll be a month or more after the shows before the DVDs are out, unfortauntely.

PWG use a lot of ROH/DGUSA contracted guys, who aren't allowed to appear on iPPV for other companies.

A bunch of black people will get pinned by a bunch of white people while the 50-year-old white male commentary team makes dumb jokes and pretend to be topical to their largely 20-and-younger viewing audience.

Vickie will get publically humiliated and fired. Because that's just the cool thing to do.

"The Demon Kane" will be uttered roughly two dozen times.

John Cena will get played up as the underdog heading into Sunday's MITB ladder match despite being a 14-time champion.

Everything will be the #1 trend on Twitter minutes afterwards - because clearly that's what wrestling fans do when watching RAW. Tweet about the recycled shit they just saw.

Bray Wyatt will sing hymns with the audience.

Some divas will fight but nobody will understand why. We will either see a roll-up win a 3-minute match or a battle royal that lasts the same amount of time to decide Paige's random opponent because they forgot to book her for the upcoming PPV. Also, Layla and Summer Rae will have a catfight that consists largely of them playfighting while rolling around on the mat because that Fandango chap is so desirable.

Renee Young, Bad News Barrett and Stardust will be the unsung heroes of tonight's broadcast.

Also, Zeb sounds like he's got something big planned. Perhaps he caught Adam Rose's bunny and shall deport him.

Damn. Sounds like RAW 12 months ago.

strobogo

Banned
Have your new sugar mama buy you a new one

qbjfG72.gif

That would be pretty dope actually. I'd be all for that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuuuck, 3 weeks worth of TV with King King Bundy vs Inoki as the main event. In WWE terms, that'd be like 3 RAWs in a row headlined by Cena vs Brodus. Ugh.
Skip the matches, Boots. I have like 10 Abdullah matches I'll be skipping.

Vylash

A bunch of black people will get pinned by a bunch of white people while the 50-year-old white male commentary team makes dumb jokes and pretend to be topical to their largely 20-and-younger viewing audience.

Vickie will get publically humiliated and fired. Because that's just the cool thing to do.

"The Demon Kane" will be uttered roughly two dozen times.

John Cena will get played up as the underdog heading into Sunday's MITB ladder match despite being a 14-time champion.

Everything will be the #1 trend on Twitter minutes afterwards - because clearly that's what wrestling fans do when watching RAW. Tweet about the recycled shit they just saw.

Bray Wyatt will sing hymns with the audience.

Some divas will fight but nobody will understand why. We will either see a roll-up win a 3-minute match or a battle royal that lasts the same amount of time to decide Paige's random opponent because they forgot to book her for the upcoming PPV. Also, Layla and Summer Rae will have a catfight that consists largely of them playfighting while rolling around on the mat because that Fandango chap is so desirable.

Renee Young, Bad News Barrett and Stardust will be the unsung heroes of tonight's broadcast.

Also, Zeb sounds like he's got something big planned. Perhaps he caught Adam Rose's bunny and shall deport him.

Don't forget JBL finding 30 different ways to say he doesn't like the bunny, also BEST 4 BUSINESS

Alucard

Banned
For reference, Slammiversary 2013 apparently did around 15,000 buys. I'll be curious to see if 2014 hits at least that.

Also, sad to hear that Hammerstein still isn't sold out.

Kaladin

For reference, Slammiversary 2013 apparently did around 15,000 buys. I'll be curious to see if 2014 hits at least that.

Also, sad to hear that Hammerstein still isn't sold out.

Six nights bro, they should have done one super show and pulled out all the stops for a couple of big episodes.

Im already tired of all the Roman Reigns dick riding and it hasn't even started yet. Can't wait for Cena to no sell his offense, character and win the title

PS I'm skipping Raw tonight. Join the movement, friends. Just DVR it and fast forward to the Ambrose and Wyatt promos.

Ugh, I could never watch Raw live.
Usually if I start it with about 45 mins left on the running time and ffwd through the bullshit I can make it through the entire show and get to the final segment live.

Heel

PS I'm skipping Raw tonight. Join the movement, friends. Just DVR it and fast forward to the Ambrose and Wyatt promos.

Mobeel, we heah.

(singing ~2 minutes)

Jahn, you like that...scared lil' alley cat who grown TIYAD of gettin' kicked and shooed away. You sittin'...you sittin' alone in the rain, Jahn, with nothin' but...the...funny papers to shield you from the downpour.

(NeoGAF: Holy shit! Is...is he shooting? John is always making jokes. That's incredibly deep.)

I am the warm bowl MILK, JAHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

(singing)

Mengetsu

WWE Network bro's anyone have an issue where the player on the network whether it be a laptop or desktop lags on any web browser? Normally I would use my flawless PS4 for streaming but I have to send it in for repairs. Anyone got a fix for this?

Top Bottom