• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

I just can't get over how shitty Anderson and Gallows look. It's seriously like they're stuck in the late 90s. The AJ/Sina segment was good though. It was painful to even skip through that Roman/Rollins thing. Can Seth go away again?

Fat Chris Hero ain't nothing to fuck with.
XVQCDSE.gif

jonjonaug

I just can't get over how shitty Anderson and Gallows look. It's seriously like they're stuck in the late 90s. The AJ/Sina segment was good though. It was painful to even skip through that Roman/Rollins thing. Can Seth go away again?
Man I can't wait for shitty booking to convince this thread that Rollins is bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Karl Anderson walking out in his underwear to do promos makes me laugh. Like why isn't he wearing a shirt if he's not wrestling?

Great, so how many times is Aj losing to Cena now,

Ill tell you

2 out of 3 times, or maybe 3 times in a row.

Its nice for AJ to get the main stage, but jesus, not like this.

klonere

Banned
Presenting Rollins as the ultimate coward heel who has no redeeming features whatsoever then following it up by releasing a super sympathetic mini documentary on the man is hilarious.

DMczaf

Presenting Rollins as the ultimate coward heel who has no redeeming features whatsoever then following it up by releasing a super sympathetic mini documentary on the man is hilarious.

It's kinda crazy how far they/Vince is going to prove he's not wrong about Roman

Browny

Banned
Karl Anderson walking out in his underwear to do promos makes me laugh. Like why isn't he wearing a shirt if he's not wrestling?
So many people come out in ring garb, even when they're hanging out backstage. Fuck off jobsworth, you haven't got a match or interview tonight, don't bother getting changed.

Agreed almost completely (shitty camerawork/runin/homophobia stuff made me not like the Styles/Cena segment)

RBH

New podcast from David Shoemaker, featuring an interview with Goldberg:

The Ringer's David Shoemaker is joined by former (and maybe future) professional wrestler Bill Goldberg to discuss his favorite WWE memories, the return of the L.A. Rams, and the 'WWE 2K17' roster card. Then A.V. Club writer LaToya Ferguson (19:00) on the upcoming WWE brand split and re-examining the 2002 WWE roster selections.

https://soundcloud.com/channel33/ep-120-ringer-wrestling-with

UberTag

Fine. Next week, John Cena has a 'tune up' match that goes 15 minutes, is a really good match, but it's against...Cesaro and Cena wins clean. How do you think the Internet feels about that?
Let's not kid ourselves. Cena's 'tune up' match is going to be him getting his win back from Del Rio.

We should be grateful he had little to no interest in decimating Rusev for the US title. He can build up his cred again by squashing a ready-made lineup of black jobbers (Titus, Darren Young "being made great again", Apollo). Because this approach worked wonders the first time for Rusev.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Hires stable presumably because of their ability to move a ton of merchandise. Gives them no merchandise.

What I had previously said on it was that I guessed that "the Club" (at least as a group encompassing just Gallows/Anderson) was never intended as the final form and that they'd always be lackeys to a leader (which would be more responsible for moving merch).

AJ and Finn are the only real candidates for that and Finn already moves a crapload of merch while having not appeared on the roster at all (plus his gimmick of the DEMON is pretty random with the Club).

Angry Grimace

I'm honestly legit worried the guy is going to burn out super fucking hard at the rate he's going

He's on a critical mass of horse steroids, he's fine.

I mean, dude might be fucked up 10 years from now, but I'm guessing he's working on the theory that muscle bound action stars have a limited shelf life.

Angry Grimace

Also, JR is confused why Reigns didn't just go outside the ring and fight Rollins
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

imBask

Banned
He's on a critical mass of horse steroids, he's fine.

I mean, dude might be fucked up 10 years from now, but I'm guessing he's working on the theory that muscle bound action stars have a limited shelf life.

i'm perfectly fine with him being the new Arnold, the overused action movie muscle dude

although, that's a little much

Dick move by Rollins tbh.

Yeah, I don't know either, so I just ignored that part lol

Yup, he later told some dude a few minutes later if he wanted a pic to pay for axxcess and wait in line. Our future intercontinental champ Cesaro had no problems taking pics outside the hotel and cracking a smile.

imBask

Banned
I don't think even Arnold worked at that kind of schedule. Also, to be perfectly honest, Arnold picked better projects

I don't know man, Arnold often made a movie good just by his presence, some of those flicks are complete garbage and they're still fun to watch because of him. I'm the biggest Dwayne mark here and I still don't think he has that kind of charisma

MG310

I don't think The Rock can leave money on the table.

Just finished Ospreay/Ricochet. That opening bit with the synchronized handspring nothings was goofy as hell but I loved it after that.

Sephzilla

I don't know man, Arnold often made a movie good just by his presence, some of those flicks are complete garbage and they're still fun to watch because of him. I'm the biggest Dwayne mark here and I still don't think he has that kind of charisma

I think Rock doesn't exactly pick movies that really play to his strengths very well. Arnold was better at that, for the most part. Commando is probably the best example of that. Nobody remembers it for anything other than it being loaded with Arnold doing the most Arnold shit possible.

Raw's ratings will be revealed tomorrow. That said,

@Ourand_SBJ
Final numbers are in: OKC-Golden State averaged 15.9 million viewers;
cable’s most viewed NBA game ever and TNT’s most watched program ever.

Turner got the final W. RIP

imBask

Banned
I think Rock doesn't exactly pick movies that really play to his strengths very well. Arnold was better at that, for the most part. Commando is probably the best example of that.

I had commando in mind too, like Commando is a really bad movie with 0 plot, but Arnold makes it soooooooo goooood

And they were so shameless with him too, they put Arnold in the tiniest speedo for no reason on before he suits up, just to show off his body, that's fucking hilarious and directors don't do that anymore

Top Bottom