• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Better or worse than Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot?
lojxFqc.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When it comes to DeVito/Schwarzenegger, I thought their chemistry was magical in Twins.

Junior was trash.

Nekofrog

Banned
I don't get the complaints about the usage of AJ Styles. Does he lose to top names? Yep.

Is he given damn near 30-40 minutes of screentime between 2 shows every week to display why he's great to watch? Yep.

Like, I'm a mark but not so much of a mark that I can't sit back and appreciate the performance these guys are giving despite the outcomes. Would I like AJ to get clean wins over John Cena and Roman Reigns for titles? Most def, I'm a mark. But at the same time, I understand why that isn't likely to happen very often (if ever), and I can just appreciate a dude who has given his life to the business to various levels of success finally getting to display it to the biggest audience there is in the business.

On another topic, I can't watch any of these shows live outside of the PPV. If I can't fast forward through the commercials on Vue and through Dolph Ziggler segments, then I'll never watch period. PSVue has been amazing for that, I thank Lord Haitch it exists every day.

In any case, the big rumor is that they changed the name of TakeOver: Revenge to "Takeover: the End" and then pulled Takeover: Brooklyn from Ticketmaster.

I'm guessing it isn't that they're cancelling NXT entirely (this is seriously a rumor) and more that they're rebranding NXT's big events so they're not all called "Takeover."

Having literally just finished watching the last 2 NXT's, Joe & Balor have been going heavy on "This is the end" for 2 weeks now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Having literally just finished watching the last 2 NXT's, Joe & Balor have been going heavy on "This is the end" for 2 weeks now

I still wouldn't be surprised if they stop calling the series TakeOver at some point. The rumor that they're cancelling NXT was a lot funnier though.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
People shouldn't be so down on the AJ Cena feud. Just enjoy the ride. It's gonna be great. Whether Cena puts AJ over or not, we're in for some great matches.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I refuse to believe Becky's boyfriend is a real person. It's kayfabe. Kayfabe. ;_;

Does this guy ever say no to a project? Him and Kevin Hart are all I see on TV commercials these days. He may not burn out, but he's seriously fucking overexposed, in my opinion. He's reaching that point where I just don't want to see him in anything anymore.

He says no, he has free time where he'll actually be able to answer Vince's calls

Fuck. That.

I'm glad Batista hangs up

XenoRaven

There's always a part of me that gets annoyed that there can't just be two big names that fight each other and that's the basis of the "feud" (Other than Rock/Cena I guess).

It happened with Punk/Jericho when they threw in that weird alcoholic dad side story that was completely unnecessary.

Now Anderson and Gallows are involved in this AJ/Cena feud when I just wanted it to be billed as two of the best performers in the world meeting for the first time after over a decade in the biz.

But seeing AJ as intense as he was when he was beating the shit out of Cena is always fun so I'll take what I can get.

What annoys me about him? His work ethic and having to remind everyone how hard he works. I shot several posts on his tweeter feed explaining that millions of people work their ass off for not even a percent of what he earns and he didn't always have to ramble about it.

But he likes doing it, and people like reading about it. Plus it's another way for people to connect with him. Stop being so krabby, Patty.

Angry Grimace

Well and he consults with (ex wife) Dany on new deals whether it's for an app, sportswear, whatever...

I like the guy. He has grown over the years and his work ethic is too be admired.

What annoys me about him? His work ethic and having to remind everyone how hard he works. I shot several posts on his tweeter feed explaining that millions of people work their ass off for not even a percent of what he earns and he didn't always have to ramble about it.

It's part of his public persona. He doesn't know where Dwayne begins and the Rock ends.

Nocturnowl, why doesn't Kane get his ass on a bike with fire and ride with Taker?
Rumours say Vinny Mac was all for the idea then someone told him about Ghost Rider and he didn't want to be affiliated with those nerd comics.

The Avatar of Ultraviolence hears you.
Death_266302_5825353.gif
This is truly wonderful, the suplex onto such a surface alone is more than enough but god damn they had to get their tubes in wherever possible.

MG310

Having watched my first two Chase Owens matches I can safely say that he belongs in the Jeff Jarrett/Scott D'Amore tier of Bullet Club.

Rumours say Vinny Mac was all for the idea then someone told him about Ghost Rider and he didn't want to be affiliated with those nerd comics.

This is truly wonderful, the suplex onto such a surface alone is more than enough but god damn they had to get their tubes in wherever possible.
Maybe Vince should've got on that before they put out such shitty movies 😂

Meltzer's biweekly rant on how Roman is not the guy while ratings and house show numbers continue to fall...

And yet everyone in the company including Ric Flair are saying things like they were right about Roman?

What are they talking about? What corner did her turn?

UberTag

And yet everyone in the company including Ric Flair are saying things like they were right about Roman?

What are they talking about? What corner did her turn?
I'm not sure Roman turned a corner (although he has been booked better of late - albeit long after the damage to him was done) so much as WWE's commitment to him has turned a corner.

They've finally gone all-in on Reigns for this push and haven't been looking to pull the rug out from under him or second-guess making him champion. They've committed to censoring crowd reactions 100% of the time. They've given Roman a defined character known as "the guy" instead of having him quote nursery rhymes one week and be a face in peril the next. They're locked in to keeping him champ through SummerSlam and likely beyond that. So I'd say that's the corner they've turned.

They're also giving him better opponents to make Roman look strong instead of throwing him out there against weaker talent that need to be carried (something Roman can't do). And he has largely met the challenge of keeping up his end of the bargain on the wrestling front having some pretty nice matches with AJ without his requisite nap time breaks. They're doing a better job of playing to Roman's strengths and not calling attention to his weaknesses.

They also know better than to 50/50 book him... even with dirty finishes in his losses. Roman hasn't had a loss in a singles match all year. His only match losses of any kind that wasn't a "no contest" where a match was thrown out or a DQ that was outside of his control was during the Rumble match due to shenanigans and the first tag match with the Usos vs. The Club where Jimmy ate the pin. This also ignores the stop-start antics involving Shane and Steph at Payback.

Angry Grimace

I'm not sure Roman turned a corner (although he has been booked better of late - albeit long after the damage to him was done) so much as WWE's commitment to him has turned a corner.

They've finally gone all-in on Reigns for this push and haven't been looking to pull the rug out from under him or second-guess making him champion. They've committed to censoring crowd reactions 100% of the time. They've given Roman a defined character known as "the guy" instead of having him quote nursery rhymes one week and be a face in peril the next. They're locked in to keeping him champ through SummerSlam and likely beyond that. So I'd say that's the corner they've turned.

They're also giving him better opponents to make Roman look strong instead of throwing him out there against weaker talent that need to be carried (something Roman can't do). And he has largely met the challenge of keeping up his end of the bargain on the wrestling front having some pretty nice matches with AJ without his requisite nap time breaks. They're doing a better job of playing to Roman's strengths and not calling attention to his weaknesses.

They also know better than to 50/50 book him... even with dirty finishes in his losses. Roman hasn't had a loss in a singles match all year. His only match losses of any kind that wasn't a "no contest" where a match was thrown out or a DQ that was outside of his control was during the Rumble match due to shenanigans and the first tag match with the Usos vs. The Club where Jimmy ate the pin. This also ignores the stop-start antics involving Shane and Steph at Payback.
I could see them believing that a title split helps Roman since I feel like all the good workers that smarks will like are going on whatever roster Roman's not on.

Angry Grimace

Yep, if you CRUSH THAT LIKE BUTTON it will now tell all your friends you love WrassleGAF

#deadgiveaway

somedevil

If you watch the John Cena collection they put up it reveals that a David Flair vs Prototype OVW match exists where David Flair pinned Cena.

Top Bottom