• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Sephzilla

I had commando in mind too, like Commando is a really bad movie with 0 plot, but Arnold makes it soooooooo goooood

And they were so shameless with him too, they put Arnold in the tiniest speedo for no reason on before he suits up, just to show off his body, that's fucking hilarious and directors don't do that anymore

Real talk: Commando is quietly my favorite Arnold movie that isn't Terminator 1/2. It's so fucking great and dumb in all of the right ways.

I just don't get why someone would refuse a picture, unless its done in a distasteful way.
Why Rollins Why?

I get a real Cm Punk vibe from him when it comes to fans.

imBask

Banned
Real talk: Commando is quietly my favorite Arnold movie that isn't Terminator 1/2. It's so fucking great and dumb in all of the right ways.

we're on agreement here, shake my hand and let's form a stable while Cena is busy with the loser Club

Sephzilla

we're on agreement here, shake my hand and let's form a stable while Cena is busy with the loser Club

Austin_Rock+bros.gif

klonere

Banned
I know a lot of people are calling Gable the new Kurt Angle but I think Matt Riddle fits the bill even better. Dude was born to do this and just happened to have an MMA career beforehand. And he's doing it the hard way as well, going through the indies just because he can.

Wonder how he'll fit into nu-NXT.

At Jim's Twitter's suggestion, tried to book a realistic Tag Team Super Strong Style 16 (i.e. had to drop Ospreay & Okada tag team). It's really really hard.

kwDqjwgm.png

EDIT: Jim already poked a hole in my list, Riots are champs so they wouldn't be eligible!

Backflip

Hi guys, I got to talk to Bill Goldberg for about 20 minutes last week. We of course talked about the video game. But we also talked about the possibility of him coming back to the WWE, his career, Bret Hart, Ryback and more. He even took a shot at Roman Reigns. It's a pretty interesting interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4fmGtkae8Q

At Jim's Twitter's suggestion, tried to book a realistic Tag Team Super Strong Style 16 (i.e. had to drop Ospreay & Okada tag team). It's really really hard.

kwDqjwgm.png

EDIT: Jim already poked a hole in my list, Riots are champs so they wouldn't be eligible!

Needs more GZRS. Though some people behind me in the queue were saying they wouldn't book them and Noam any more :(

Needs more GZRS. Though some people behind me in the queue were saying they wouldn't book them and Noam any more :(

Noam I think is more of a date issue than anything else, I don't think he left on bad terms, he had a farewell of sorts. I think he's just tied up with ICW.

GZRS on the other hand, Tom had a falling out with some of management, and Seb followed. That said, they seem to be gone from literally everywhere else as well now

UberTag

Now that Dolph has perfected the low blow, can we book him for a match against Brock?
Lesnar won't see Ziggles coming. Upset of the century potential!

kwDqjwgm.png

I was going to say, "Hey, you're missing Catch Point," but Gulak and Williams are the Evolve tag champs.

On the other hand, you could book these versions of Catch Point:
Matt Riddle & Fred Yehi
Riddle & Drew Gulak
Riddle & Tracy Williams
Drew Gulak & Yehi
Tracy Williams & Yehi

You could also make a case for Devastation Corporation. Team Tremendous is disqualified because they're the ISW tag champs.

And any time you can book a Big Daddy Yum Yum & Sgt. Socorro team, you have to do it.

Nekofrog

Banned
So since she's taken every other flair attribute why doesn't charlotte ever talk about all the dreamy studs that have ridden splash mountain
ewwww the visual

klonere

Banned
Noam I think is more of a date issue than anything else, I don't think he left on bad terms, he had a farewell of sorts. I think he's just tied up with ICW.

GZRS on the other hand, Tom had a falling out with some of management, and Seb followed. That said, they seem to be gone from literally everywhere else as well now

I'm sorry I have to do this but

Thank god I fucking hated the GZRS. Sucks that they aren't getting work anywhere else though, I wonder if they got a bit too big for their britches.

That tag tourny you put together looks nice but the difficulty you talked about definitely shows that tag team wrestling is definitely still struggling even in this indie renaissance of late.

https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/

Rev Pro are doing a 7 day free trial bit, definitely worth a lookin they have booked some delicious matches in the past including an Ospreay series vs Galloway, Trevor Lee, and ACH plus ZSJ vs AJ Styles and AJ vs LIGAHHH~

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Can someone give some context to why Ziggler is wearing headgear? Or has he moved on from being Shitty HBK to Shitty Rick Steiner?

He told Corbin he was gonna beat him in a "technical wrestling match." (using that specific phrase repeatedly).

Then he dick kicked him and announced on the mic that he was disqualified.

klonere

Banned
Can someone give some context to why Ziggler is wearing headgear? Or has he moved on from being Shitty HBK to Shitty Rick Steiner?

Sounded like a pretty good bit actually, Dolph was annoyed Baron had won at ER with a legal low blow, challenged him to a "technical wrestling match", playing up his amateur roots and college wrestling experience, got all decked out in his old gear, everyone expecting him to roll around with Baron or something.

Instead he kicked him in the dick. 10/10

Last week, Ziggler challenged Corbin to a technical wrestling match. This week before the match he gave an interview talking about wrestling since he was five and breaking records at Kent State and how he knew 1,005 holds.

Then he goes out to the ring, puts the headgear on. As soon as the bell rings, he kicks Corbin in the nuts and calls Corbin a loser.

It was great.

Anth0ny

Raw's ratings will be revealed tomorrow. That said,

@Ourand_SBJ
Final numbers are in: OKC-Golden State averaged 15.9 million viewers;
cable’s most viewed NBA game ever and TNT’s most watched program ever.

Turner got the final W. RIP

but they told me everyone was cutting the cord

watching shows online

ratings were declining across the board

wwe ratings going down don't mean nothing

Sephzilla

He told Corbin he was gonna beat him in a "technical wrestling match." (using that specific phrase repeatedly).

Then he dick kicked him and announced on the mic that he was disqualified.

Sounded like a pretty good bit actually, Dolph was annoyed Baron had won at ER with a legal low blow, challenged him to a "technical wrestling match", playing up his amateur roots and college wrestling experience, got all decked out in his old gear, everyone expecting him to roll around with Baron or something.

Instead he kicked him in the dick. 10/10
Last week, Ziggler challenged Corbin to a technical wrestling match. This week before the match he gave an interview talking about wrestling since he was five and breaking records at Kent State and how he knew 1,005 holds.

Then he goes out to the ring, puts the headgear on. As soon as the bell rings, he kicks Corbin in the nuts and calls Corbin a loser.

It was great.

So Ziggler is now the heel of the feud, right?

MG310

After losing to Corbin in a No DQ match after a low blow Ziggler decided it didn't count because he didn't beat him in a technical wrestling match.

They finally decided to highlight Ziggler's amateur background after all this time as part of an elaborate ruse to allow him to kick Corbin in the dick.

I have no idea where they are going with it other than for Ziggler to lose to Corbin again. Maybe have him start hanging out with Sheamus to harass NXT call-ups?

I'm sorry I have to do this but

Thank god I fucking hated the GZRS. Sucks that they aren't getting work anywhere else though, I wonder if they got a bit too big for their britches.

That tag tourny you put together looks nice but the difficulty you talked about definitely shows that tag team wrestling is definitely still struggling even in this indie renaissance of late.

https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/

Rev Pro are doing a 7 day free trial bit, definitely worth a lookin they have booked some delicious matches in the past including an Ospreay series vs Galloway, Trevor Lee, and ACH plus ZSJ vs AJ Styles and AJ vs LIGAHHH~
It's tough when you have to think about imports. I mean I booked 5, for only 4 teams, which is almost double the most imports that have been on a PROGRESS show before. The tag scene in the UK isn't huge, you've got a small handful of teams spread across various promotions.

Yeah, the GZRS were a laugh, and on the one hand I respect not kowtowing to some of the wrasslin' carny hierarchy, but it is going to leave you burning bridges.

Anth0ny

I don't think even Arnold worked at that kind of schedule. Also, to be perfectly honest, Arnold picked better projects

come on seph, the wrestling thread should know this better than anyone else.

Rock worked a worker's schedule with WWE. this "intense" film schedule he's a part of is soft tings compared to what Vince made him work.

HGH helps too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In any case, the big rumor is that they changed the name of TakeOver: Revenge to "Takeover: the End" and then pulled Takeover: Brooklyn from Ticketmaster.

I'm guessing it isn't that they're cancelling NXT entirely (this is seriously a rumor) and more that they're rebranding NXT's big events so they're not all called "Takeover."

Just watched RAW. Whilst I liked and didn't expect the Styles turn, it's typical fucking McMahon to feed a star made outside of the Fed to his top guys in order to prove a point.

Anth0ny

Why is this a competition? Both have their own set of challenges. At any rate, if one doesn't pace themselves within the confinements of their chosen field, they can burn out. That said field is in sports entertainment, acting, flipping burgers overtime because a fucking restaurant is understaffed...that's all incidental.

Some of these fuckers have to work 16 hrs on a set for 9 weeks straight with maybe aday or two off here and there.

maybe the rock isn't burning out on playing awesome action characters, seemingly having a ton of fun on set, being one of the most beloved pop culture icons in the world, and making boat loads of cash in the process

like, following this dude on instagram I don't sense any burn out at all. rock don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck

maybe the rock isn't burning out on playing awesome action characters, seemingly having a ton of fun on set, being one of the most beloved pop culture icons in the world, and making boat loads of cash in the process

like, following this dude on instagram I don't sense any burn out at all. rock don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuck

that's why he's the GOAT

Hex

Banned
Now that Dolph has perfected the low blow, can we book him for a match against Brock?
Lesnar won't see Ziggles coming. Upset of the century potential!

Oh how I would pay to see Ziggler get ragdolled by Brock and then rolled out on a cart

Luschient

So....something is happening with Ziggler?

Wanna see a collegiate match between him and Brock. How long would Ziggler last?

Top Bottom