• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Chopper

Woah. A legit exciting swerve that nobody saw coming. That's the first for a looooong time.

Did I miss the bit where they announced the seventh MitB contestant?

imBask

Banned
Prediction.

The Club will never win a match against Cena (including tag matches) between now and after Summerslam.

I just realized we're going to get Club vs Cena and whoever the fuck in 3 on 3 tag team action for the next 15 RAWs and now i'm really bummed out

That'll be the whole build up. Cenusos vs Club!

Fox318

Expect Goldberg to headline the HOF in 2017.

Just please, dont have him wrestle. he looked closer to Christopher Daniels than the Goldberg we remember.

I mean right now he isn't training to wrestle.

I mean he was planning to fight Del Rio in a Kickboxing match a while back but I see no reason why he couldn't get back in ring shape.

I was so sure Rollins was getting a huge face push when he returned. All the mistakes they made during his title reign could have basically been undone. But they're literally continuing where they left off before the injury. I don't get it.

Why should I cheer the guy who threatened to murder Edge, Sting, and bunch of other babyfaces and has not apologized or explained it? Because he got injured and used to wrestle for Ring of Honor?

I just realized we're going to get Club vs Cena and whoever the fuck in 3 on 3 tag team action for the next 15 RAWs and now i'm really bummed out

What would you rather have Cena do, beat Gallows and Anderson week after week - no because that'd be burying them.

Be in "pointless" matches against lower card wrestlers - no because we already know the result there and it's also berrying them.

Face Styles in multiple matches - no, because then the match is "played out" and it's happened too many times.

UberTag

Woah. A legit exciting swerve that nobody saw coming. That's the first for a looooong time.

It was a legitimately well-executed swerve. No question about that.
You did not miss another MITB contestant being announced. That still remains up in the air.

Nah, I doubt we're seeing the Usos looped into this. Those are Roman's buddies.
We will, however, see Cena teaming up with both The New Day and Enzo & Cass.

Chopper

It was a legitimately well-executed swerve. No question about that.
You did not miss another MITB contestant being announced. That still remains up in the air.

Nah, I doubt we're seeing the Usos looped into this. Those are Roman's buddies.
We will, however, see Cena teaming up with both The New Day and Enzo & Cass.
Cena and Enzo & Cass is a legit team. The sooner they end their feud with the Dudleys, the better.

imBask

Banned
What would you rather have Cena do, beat Gallows and Anderson week after week - no because that'd be burying them.

Be in "pointless" matches against lower card wrestlers - no because we already know the result there and it's also berrying them.

Face Styles in multiple matches - no, because then the match is "played out" and it's happened too many times.

if those are the only 3 options you see, you should send an application to WWE you'll fit right in with creatives

if those are the only 3 options you see, you should send an application to WWE you'll fit right in with creatives

No, sorry, this is on you - book Cena's next several months knowing that he has to be on TV every week, he has to be in a match and/or big main event segment every week (because he's John Cena and is actually a draw), and he can't job to anybody but AJ and those matches have to be at PPV's.

That really was a good read on Teddy Hart. Thanks for sharing, Vinny Mac.

It's a shame that he never made it big; here's hoping that he can get his life sorted out at least.

biKVrx9.jpg

History will be repeated.

Barrage

Why should I cheer the guy who threatened to murder Edge, Sting, and bunch of other babyfaces and has not apologized or explained it? Because he got injured and used to wrestle for Ring of Honor?

Agreed on all points.

The consensus is clear-the only acceptable outcome is Cena losing every match he has for the rest of his career, clean. Otherwise the other person is "buried".

He meant one of these deals like sting, warrior, Tyson, etc where it's a major marketing push for the game.

Which means Goldberg will be doing interviews and promos for a WWE product

Yeah. WWE can put whoever they want into the game, they just have to pay that person licensing fees. However, the preorder bonus wrestler is typically used as a bigger build-up for the game, as Brock, Sting, Arnold, and Warrior have been in the past.

That said, I would have preferred Kurt Angle as a preorder bonus (he's been wanting to come back for a while), but maybe he'll get in the story mode/DLC.

imBask

Banned
No, sorry, this is on you - book Cena's next several months knowing that he has to be on TV every week, he has to be in a match and/or big main event segment every week (because he's John Cena and is actually a draw), and he can't job to anybody but AJ and those matches have to be at PPV's.

he doesn't have to fight the club, nor Styles every week. This is not how you build up a PPV match, especially if they're implying it's a "huge deal"

i'll take a dumb contract signing 4 weeks in a row over a 3 on 3 tag team main event with the usos

I don't want to see Cena and Styles in a match together until the PPV, that's the whole point of building a match up

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Meltzer said he thought a 7th person was supposed to be announced on yesterday's show, but wasn't, so he's not sure if one will be added at all. He said he would not be surprised if it was just Bray.

Yeah. WWE can put whoever they want into the game, they just have to pay that person licensing fees. However, the preorder bonus wrestler is typically used as a bigger build-up for the game, as Brock, Sting, Arnold, and Warrior have been in the past.

That said, I would have preferred Kurt Angle as a preorder bonus (he's been wanting to come back for a while), but maybe he'll get in the story mode/DLC.

Kurt Angle is this generation's Randy Savage - they'll get back together with him two weeks before he dies.

he doesn't have to fight the club, nor Styles every week. This is not how you build up a PPV match, especially if they're implying it's a "huge deal"

i'll take a dumb contract signing 4 weeks in a row over a 3 on 3 tag team main event with the usos

I don't want to see Cena and Styles in a match together until the PPV, that's the whole point of building a match up

Fine. Next week, John Cena has a 'tune up' match that goes 15 minutes, is a really good match, but it's against...Cesaro and Cena wins clean. How do you think the Internet feels about that? Or hell, imagine if we still lived in a world where Cody or Damien were employed and Cena came back and beat them in a solid 10-12 minute match.

The truth is, the WWE has booking issues, but in certain ways, they can't win because every guy on the roster is a super secret mainstream star that could start a new boom period according to some people on the Internet.

imBask

Banned
Fine. Next week, John Cena has a 'tune up' match that goes 15 minutes, is a really good match, but it's against...Cesaro and Cena wins clean. How do you think the Internet feels about that? Or hell, imagine if we still lived in a world where Cody or Damien were employed and Cena came back and beat them in a solid 10-12 minute match.

The truth is, the WWE has booking issues, but in certain ways, they can't win because every guy on the roster is a super secret mainstream star that could start a new boom period according to some people on the Internet.

Cesaro is kinda hot shit right now you don't have to put him against Cena, but i'll take a good Cody or anyone not in an important storyline vs Cena match with Cena going over. People here can complain all they want, but that's a million times better than a meaningless 3 on 3 that builds to nothing, or even worst having Cena vs Styles every week... Styles vs Jericho suffered from that, they did the same match 3 times before doing the same match at the PPV, and by then no one cared

Here's hoping AJ can come out on top in the feud with Cena and win the smackdown belt in the brand split. I'll take a long reigning heel champ over a guy booked like a superhero every day.

Who am I kidding, AJ is going to get jobbed out here.

Luschient

My enjoyment of Bob Holly's book is tempered by the fact that I don't/never gave a shit about Bob Holly.

And am I supposed to believe this tall tale of Joey Styles knocking out JBL? Regardless of the 200 articles that a Google search returns.

Chopper

Here's hoping AJ can come out on top in the feud with Cena and win the smackdown belt in the brand split. I'll take a long reigning heel champ over a guy booked like a superhero every day.

Won't another World Title win for Cena mean he equals Flair's record? If that happens, it'll be at Mania or something.

Having said that, I can't see Styles beating him.

Won't another World Title win for Cena mean he equals Flair's record? If that happens, it'll be at Mania or something.

Having said that, I can't see Styles beating him.

Nah at Mania he surpasses Flair by winning world title number 17, Vince gonna Vince so Cena will get the record before then.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

AJ as champ and DA CLUB as tag champs would be awesome. I don't expect it to happen.

Top babyfaces win their feuds. And have since the beginning of pro wrestling.

Smarks like the chase. The mainstream likes the hero overcoming the odds and winning.

Smarks like the chase. The mainstream likes the hero overcoming the odds and winning.

Sure which is why Reigns gets nuclear heat and WWE's production team is resorting to muting boos and piping in fake cheers.

Angry Grimace

I think AJ will get a win, but he's part of a dirty as fuck faction and he's now a heel, so its not going to be clean.

My enjoyment of Bob Holly's book is tempered by the fact that I don't/never gave a shit about Bob Holly.

And am I supposed to believe this tall tale of Joey Styles knocking out JBL? Regardless of the 200 articles that a Google search returns.
I gained more respect for him tbh. I just hate that he left with no friends after almost 20 years.

klonere

Banned
So with all the buzz about SSS16, Chris Hero is pretty much confirmed to be the best wrestler in the world right now. I don't think I've watched a match with him in it this year and not have it be great or better. The variety of opponents he has gone up against and sheer number of matches put him over the edge.

Top Bottom