• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SD

* AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson open SmackDown with a promo on how they will all win at Money In the Bank. Enzo Amore and Big Cass interrupt. Gallows made fun of Enzo for being a former manager at Hooters. Enzo said The Club has been champions on every continent but Antarctica. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day made their way to ringside for commentary
* Enzo and Cass vs. Gallows and Anderson ended after interference from both The Vaudevillains and The New Day. All four teams brawled
* Renee Young interviewed Rusev backstage. He said he was greater than Muhammad Ali. Titus O'Neil interrupted and said he would beat Rusev at Money In the Bank
* Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio defeated Cesaro and Sami Zayn. Zayn and Owens disappeared for part of the match and fought to the backstage area before returning. When Owens came back, he attacked his partner and then pinned Cesaro
* Becky Lynch defeated Dana Brooke by submission
* A promo airs with Bob Backlund and Darren Young. Bob tells Darren he saves money by only wearing one pair of clothes, down to his tighty-whities
* Baron Corbin defeated Kalisto with End of Days. Dolph Ziggler was on commentary
* Backstage segment with Sheamus and Apollo Crews. Sheamus makes fun of Crews but Crews punches Sheamus, sending him into a bunch of objects
* Chris Jericho defeated Dean Ambrose with a Codebreaker. After the match, Ambrose attacked Jericho with a ladder to end SmackDown

4 or 5 more weeks of SD being completely skippable in advance

(I'll still completely skip it)

Cesaro eating the pin means everyone in the MITB match has gotten pinned in the build other than Ambrose who exists in a weird place where he's an actual main eventer but he doesn't actually win stuff.

dream

Can we get Stro to review this gem?
poster1-full.jpg

It is on Netflix US now.

Roddy Piper had a role.
He says he'll do it if you let him use your Netflix account.

UberTag

The end the show with clips of Seth as kid wrestling and children wearing Roman Reigns shirts cheering his return and attacking Roman.

Its either 100% Vince or some suit has them convinced that NBC will only accept somebody l like Roman or Dana Brook to come on the Today show.
Here's a shot of Seth Rollins on the Today Show... being kissed by a puppy while looking all photogenic...

rollins-today.jpg

Yeah III don't know Rocky you should probably join the Alliance or be by yourself. Vince has fucked you over two Manias in a row man.

somedevil

WWE updated the Card for the Japan shows:

1st show:

Reigns vs Jericho vs Rollins vs Owens
Cena vs Styles
New Day vs Usos vs Vaudevillians vs Anderson and Gallows
Nakamura vs Bray
Charlotte vs Natalya
Dolph vs Curtis Axel
Titus vs Baron Corbin
Asuka vs Becky Lynch

2nd show:

Reigns vs Bray vs Jericho vs Rollins
Cena vs Styles
Owens vs Nakamura
New Day vs Vaudevillians
Usos vs Anderson and Gallows
Charlotte vs Becky Lynch
Dolph vs Corbin
Titus vs Curtis Axel
Asuka vs Natalya

The Asuka matches should be good and the Owens vs Nakamura rematch

UberTag

TNA is about to win the Tuesday night war
One thing I will give TNA is that by surrendering creative of the Hardys program to the talent, they've bumblefucked their way into the most creative booking of a feud in 2016. Mainly because executive shut-ins and soap opera writers aren't involved in deciding how it plays out.

I'm not saying it's good or that we'll get good wrestling from it. But it's fresh. And it's creative. And it has a unique energy that is otherwise missing from "sports entertainment".

Cagey

Banned
I miss Alexa Bliss's old theme song. Better than these terrible Afrojacked up remixes.

Nia Jax is three times larger than everyone and has less impact in her moves than anyone. I like the idea of her more than I like her.

One thing I will give TNA is that by surrendering creative of the Hardys program to the talent, they've bumblefucked their way into the most creative booking of a feud in 2016. Mainly because executive shut-ins and soap opera writers aren't involved in deciding how it plays out.

I'm not saying it's good or that we'll get good wrestling from it. But it's fresh. And it's creative. And it has a unique energy that is otherwise missing from "sports entertainment".
I actually wonder what does your non smarky viewer think of the story tbh.

Question, why didn't Ultimo Dragon last long in wwe? I read it was something about him not adapting to their style but he was on sd wrestling mainly the same guys from wcw. Was it as bas as the sin cara thing or totally different?

Adree

Question, why didn't Ultimo Dragon last long in wwe? I read it was something about him not adapting to their style but he was on sd wrestling mainly the same guys from wcw. Was it as bas as the sin cara thing or totally different?

That's fucked since Ultimo Dragon was a god in the ring.

I feel bad that they make Lana keep the accent even on Swerved.
She had it during a one-off appearance on Total Divas. I worry for her if she has to actually do it all the time now that she's going to be a regular for the next season of it. Given how TD does throw out Kayfabe (most wrestlers are called their real names instead of stage names, it is acknowledged matches are fixed and what-not), either it's a weird contract thing or Lana loves that method acting.

Then again when she appeared they made a point of her being Ziggler's girlfriend 'cause of the story going on, despite the fact Ziggler himself was called Nick multiple points on the show.

It's weird.

Vince basically fucked up. He saw the positive response to Mysterio and thought "well shit gotta get more masked flippy guys like that". Problem was Ultimo Dragon wasn't exactly flippy in the ring which pissed Vince off to the point that allegedly cheers for Ultimo were drowned out in editing and he got buried with his momentum killed. Vince literally didn't seem to actually watch any of his matches before signing him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ultimo actually asked for his release and was well over for a while. He had stated that he just wanted to do Wrestlemania on his bucket list. He did it(and slipped), and he left shortly afterwards

Ultimo is insanely over in Mexico and real over in Japan. He was likely making more money doing that, honestly. His recent personally run event(Dragon Mania) sold out Arena Mexico which CMLL struggles with constantly

Vince basically fucked up. He saw the positive response to Mysterio and thought "well shit gotta get more masked flippy guys like that". Problem was Ultimo Dragon wasn't exactly flippy in the ring which pissed Vince off to the point that allegedly cheers for Ultimo were drowned out in editing and he got buried with his momentum killed. Vince literally didn't seem to actually watch any of his matches before signing him.

Ultimo actually asked for his release and was well over for a while. He had stated that he just wanted to do Wrestlemania on his bucket list. He did it(and slipped), and he left shortly afterwards

Ultimo is insanely over in Mexico and real over in Japan. He was likely making more money doing that, honestly. His recent personally run event(Dragon Mania) sold out Arena Mexico which CMLL struggles with constantly
Dope. Thanks, I remember being more hyped for him than Rey Mysterio tbh. I don't know why Vince likes to fuck up good things. Jeez, it's like he doesn't know what that other company did which led to their popularity drop.... Oh wait it's happening now.

UberTag

Dope. Thanks, I remember being more hyped for him than Rey Mysterio tbh. I don't know why Vince likes to fuck up good things. Jeez, it's like he doesn't know what that other company did which led to their popularity drop.... Oh wait it's happening now.
Vince likes to leech off popularity without ever bothering to understand it. As a result, he has little to no clue what will work and what won't before he attempts it and is thus baffled when fans boo Roman Reigns or don't get behind the Shining Stars after some nonsensical promos and a match where they declare the ring to be their island paradise.

Top Bottom