• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

kiguel182

NXT wasn't that good. The tag match was a ton of fun and I enjoyed Asuka vs Nia but that was it.

Aries vs Nakamura was a big let down. I was a big Aries fan when he won the TNA World Title but I didn't feel that match at all. I completely tuned out.

The main event also lacked something. Joe wasn't the beast he was in Dallas and it seemed they were just going through the motions. I also don't like the idea that you can just escape the cage. Never liked that.

Zach

I've given it nearly a year and Asuka still isn't anything great.

She's short. She's skinny fat. Her strikes are two degrees from Shane o Mac. She's not believable at all as some bad ass killer in looks or movement.

She's Japanese Paige. Paigu, if you will. No thanks.
Worst post I've ever seen.

Kurita

"Conculsion"
Eq2kOQY.png

I've given it nearly a year and Asuka still isn't anything great.

She's short. She's skinny fat. Her strikes are two degrees from Shane o Mac. She's not believable at all as some bad ass killer in looks or movement.

She's Japanese Paige. Paigu, if you will. No thanks.

ylopZHH.gif

Zach

Charlotte, Sasha, Becky, Natalya, Bayley despite my not being a fan of the character, etc.

Hell, Nikki before her injury.

At some point the "this person is awesome because they were awesome in (indie / Japan)" mystique fades.

Wife walked in while I'm watching that match and asked why the small wrestler was a soft body. If that's your thing, won't stop ya man.
1. Haha, Natalya and Nikki Bella.

2. Yeah, I'm heavily influenced by all my indie/Japan viewing. You're right.

3. So you found someone equally crummy to spend your life with -- that's sweet.

notworksafe

Women's match stole the show for NXT. Glad to see Nia figured out how to wrestle as a giant, but also very happy Asuka kept the title.

Zach

Paul Ellering got a 'who are you' chant?

Do you people see why I shit on Full Sail now?
I thought it was more directed at the other guys. But maybe I'm mistaken.

And really, when was the last time Paul Ellering was on TV anyway? Has he managed anyone since the Attitude Era?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know who Aries reminds me of? I just figure it out.

He's modern era X-Pac. He's a serviceable worker that doesn't stand out at all that had his limelight a long time ago that never evolved as a wrestler or a character.
austin-aries-crotch-christy-hemme.gif

I thought it was more directed at the other guys. But maybe I'm mistaken.

And really, when was the last time Paul Ellering was on TV anyway? Has he managed anyone since the Attitude Era?

When would the 'who are you chant' be necessary? Whether they don't know them or not? You don't need to chant to breathe. It's completely unnecessary dipshit mentality for morons to continue to think they're 'part of the show'. They didn't do the chant until Ellering came out. And Not Matanzas were out there for a long time.

It was directed at Ellering. And it was a dumb, unncessary chant. Like most chants at NXT events.

Zach

I had an idea to take some of the more famous wrestling moments and dub chants over it

BATB 96?
'Macho was right'
clap clap clap clap clap
'Heenan called it'
clap clap clap clap clap

Zbyscko turns on Bruno?
'Fuck you Larry'
clap clap clap clap clap
Look at you, making the crowd chant conversation interesting. :D

Zach

You know who Aries reminds me of? I just figure it out.

He's modern era X-Pac. He's a serviceable worker that doesn't stand out at all that had his limelight a long time ago that never evolved as a wrestler or a character.
austin-aries-crotch-christy-hemme.gif

When would the 'who are you chant' be necessary? Whether they don't know them or not? You don't need to chant to breathe. It's completely unnecessary dipshit mentality for morons to continue to think they're 'part of the show'. They didn't do the chant until Ellering came out. And Not Matanzas were out there for a long time.

It was directed at Ellering. And it was a dumb, unncessary chant. Like most chants at NXT events.
Why are you yelling, Data West? Let me get you a nice cup of tea to take the edge off.

shanafan

Enjoyed Takeover last night. Austin Aries impressed me in the ring. Perhaps Nakamura helped him look better, but I liked what I saw.

Tag team match had a lot of close pinfalls, so it got pretty intense watching. I could see Jason Jordan achieving many great things in the WWE going forward.

Nia Jax and Asuka had an awkward ending. I could blame my lack of NXT viewing experience on this, but the finish just didn't seem like Asuka's running kick would have ended the match.

The main event though fell flat for me. Like how their match was back at the April PPV, Samoa Joe and Finn are just slow matches. I wanted to see more moves performed using the cage, but it was just tosses into the cage. For some reason, I really thought Finn was going to perform the Coup de Grace off the top of the cage. Oh well.

I think I might try to watch more of NXT on a weekly basis.

Kurita

American commentators saying "Coup de Grace" is painful, it sounds like "Coup de Gras", and "Gras" means "Fat". Unintentionally hilarious.

Recall

These type of reactions were obviously going to happen, Dallas set people's expectations so high that it would never meet them.

The Revival are an excellent team, I've enjoyed their work a lot.

Anth0ny

I like Itami, but unless he's got something different in mind, he's in real trouble when he comes back.

2 easy ways to bring him back:

1. feud with nakamura as a heel, pissed that nakamura "stole his spot"

2. gets drafted very early in the draft lottery, everyone makes a big deal out of it and how he was a "steal" for whatever brand drafts him, he's coming off injury and hungry to make an impact.

proceeds to be handed racist gimmick, leaves wwe, goes back to Japan

kiguel182

These type of reactions were obviously going to happen, Dallas set people's expectations so high that it would never meet them.

The Revival are an excellent team, I've enjoyed their work a lot.

I think that the bald dude is going places. The other seems to be the weakest member of the team.

It's not like American Alpha of Enzo and Cass where they are all stars.

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on TakeOver.

Nia Jaxx has really come a long way from when she first came in. Great match against Asuka, way more than I was expecting out of it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
2 easy ways to bring him back:

1. feud with nakamura as a heel, pissed that nakamura "stole his spot"

2. gets drafted very early in the draft lottery, everyone makes a big deal out of it and how he was a "steal" for whatever brand drafts him, he's coming off injury and hungry to make an impact.

proceeds to be handed racist gimmick, leaves wwe, goes back to Japan

I think he's much more compelling as a babyface than a heel. Like, his heel stuff in NOAH was pretty bad. And in a WWE product, character stuff is all they care about.

Mahonay

Banned
I think that the bald dude is going places. The other seems to be the weakest member of the team.

It's not like American Alpha of Enzo and Cass where they are all stars.
Dawson has a great presence and has a really solid, fully formed character. Definitely a guy who gets it.

Zach

The Revival -- especially bald guy -- still look unremarkable at best. Their tagsmanship (uh-huh) has been great, though. Really enjoy watching them wrassle my dudes Gable and JJ.

Fox318

Catching up on TakeOver.

Nia Jaxx has really come a long way from when she first came in. Great match against Asuka, way more than I was expecting out of it.

The only thing I want to see from guys in NXT is improvement.

Nia Jaxx and Baron Corbin aren't going to be Ricky Steamboat simply based on how much experience they have. Like Bull Dempsey had some chances to stand out with his BullFit thing and he didn't go anywhere with it.

Both have done good with improvement and both are presented in a way that doesn't force somebody's personal preference.

Shame is on the main roster there just isn't any way for guys to improve with creative being as shit as it is.

Sephzilla

Revival and American Alpha could feud for another few months and I'd be perfectly okay with it. Those two teams work so fucking well together.

That Breaking Ground: Reloaded thing from last night was pretty cool, too. Seeing Apollo's reaction to getting called up was cool and HHH's reaction when he realized there was no way WrestleMania could top that show was funny.

The Revival -- especially bald guy -- still look unremarkable at best.
I think it's really telling that it's been a year and one has no hair and people still can't recognize which one is which. They work a good match, but that in and of itself is unremarkable. At this point, they might as well be named Dash Dawson and Dawson Dash.

Cagey

Banned
The Revival -- especially bald guy -- still look unremarkable at best. Their tagsmanship (uh-huh) has been great, though. Really enjoy watching them wrassle my dudes Gable and JJ.
Given the gimmick is "we're like those fat balding middle aged guys with big underwear you saw as a little kid when you watched wrestling with your grandparents", or "we all Arn now" for older fans, I think the look works.

Big fan of team dadbod.

Sephzilla

Given the gimmick is "we're like those fat balding middle aged guys with big underwear you saw as a little kid when you watched wrestling with your grandparents", or "we all Arn now" for older fans, I think the look works.

Big fan of team dadbod.

This is exactly why I like The Revival. Their entire thing is that they look like a tag team that time traveled right out of the 80s

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Finally back to watching wrassling after playing some vidja games instead. The RAWs right after KOTR 1998 are really interesting shows. Mabel comes back, Jason Sensation and the DX Blackface skit happen, The McMahon Salute and Austin taking off the headset gif happen, the brawl for all is going on, and this is all in one episode!

HBK just came back!

Top Bottom