• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

The tag title match stole the show at Takeover, the two teams work so well together, of course now their feud has been interrupted by the Authors of Pain, who will likely feud with American Alpha.

The Revival will probably face Gargano andf Ciampa next since they had a loss to them prior to Takeover.

BFIB

Finally back to watching wrassling after playing some vidja games instead. The RAWs right after KOTR 1998 are really interesting shows. Mabel comes back, Jason Sensation and the DX Blackface skit happen, The McMahon Salute and Austin taking off the headset gif happen, the brawl for all is going on, and this is all in one episode!

HBK just came back!

Oh man, Russo went deep into the Brawl for All stuff on his podcast.

So back then JBL was at his all time high of being an asshole in the locker room, and making a point to pick on Russo. So one night, JBL worked stiff, as usual, which caused a few in the locker room to call him out on it. JBL took the stance of "I'll kick anyone's ass in a real fight", so Russo took the idea to Vince regarding Brawl for All. Once it started, JBL kept talking constant trash about Bart Gunn, about how its his "last shot at success", so Bart, who did bare knuckle boxing years before he became a pro wrestler, just tore through the first two rounds.

The day of the matchup with Bart Gunn/JBL, JBL apparently went to Vince and told him he was not able to fight that night, and that he asked if the fight could be postponed to the following week. Vince had the doctors check him, and everything was good.

Then the fight happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JOEYxwwbk

Ithil

82f3rs3m.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is exactly why I like The Revival. Their entire thing is that they look like a tag team that time traveled right out of the 80s

They're missing personality, though. Or a killer edge like who they are most compared to, the Brain Busters. And they ain't anywhere near, personality-wise.

They COULD have personality, they just don't. It wouldn't hurt them and only enhance them.

I was at my most bored with AA/Revival last night. Just didn't click with me and felt tired. Felt like I'd seen that match before. A lot.

Takeover was okay. Fave was Jax/Asuka. Wasn't a high bar though.

Sephzilla

They're missing personality, though. Or a killer edge like who they are most compared to, the Brain Busters. And they ain't anywhere near, personality-wise.

They COULD have personality, they just don't. It wouldn't hurt them and only enhance them.

I was at my most bored with AA/Revival last night. Just didn't click with me and felt tired. Felt like I'd seen that match before. A lot.

Man, we just have very different tastes. I thought Jax/Asuka was easily the worst match of the entire night and that was among a night of mostly okay matches. I thought Revival/AA was probably the best match of the night. Nakamura/Aries #2. Joe/Balor #3. Tye/Cien #4. Jax/Askua #5.

BFIB

I'm on this match right now, and yeah, both teams just don't click for me. American Alpha has some personality, but Revival is just.....bland......this is the team Ellering should have managed to give them a mouthpiece and some identity.

Kurita

Got my bachelor's degree in Japanese Language and Civilization.

It's a good day.

Next step : heading off to Tokyo for a year, starting from August!

Top Bottom