• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Mahonay

Banned
Guess when they debut to absolutely zero crowd reaction this happens. They need a manager. Give them Carlito damn it!
The gimmick was just fucking lifeless and beyond lame. It was never going to get a reaction. I'd like to know who's idea it was.

Mahonay

Banned
Yeah, I don't know why you all haven't figured out that it is run by a guy who can't breathe through his nose.
helTsN2.jpg

Asuka/Jax had a very AJ/Roman feel to it. *** for Asuka's efforts.

I agree about AA/Revival feeling familiar and rehearsed, but I think both teams are pretty decent. **1/2

Aries/Nakamura was a pretty solid match, but the crowd nearly made me mute it. ****

Joe/Balor was another decent entry in their feud. I was telling my friend how corny Balor's demon bit was and he said it looks like Finn is taking a Japanese shit, which I found hysterical. ***

10/100 was a fun, decent match, obviously an attempt at a showcase introduction for 100 **1.2

Full Sail crowd gets * for incessant self serving chants and sing alongs.

this was apprently shoot week in 1997. Bret and Shawn got into it. Nash and Piper also had an altercation
The piper and Nash match that no one knows the true story of. But Piper was a boxer so I know that he probably chopped Nash down. But Nash is like 2 feet taller than Piper so I know he beat em down.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Metlzer and Alvarez are convinced American Alpha are getting the call and dropped the titles in preparation for that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not Matanzas should really keep the masks on during the match
12724929_1699966170257823_1640557496_n.jpg

It's a much more intimidating look.

I love the look of them though. Very Faces of Fear-esque. And them putting Ellering with them has me hopeful that that's the exact direction they're going with them.

Fox318

Metlzer and Alvarez are convinced American Alpha are getting the call and dropped the titles in preparation for that.

Tag division is a walking joke right now with the New Day as champs.

The New Day aren't wrestlers so much as they are youtube reaction video stars who have to run around a little for 4 minutes.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just finished Takeover. The tag match was fantastic and the finish was shocking. As for the rest....meh. Asuka vs Nia Jax was decent as was Nakamura vs Aries but nothing great. Main event was meh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer is bitching about La Sombra without the mask. My wife immediately said "that guy is really cute" and loved him.

I think Meltzer isn't giving the Cien Almas gimmick any time at all before bitching about it. It's still developmental and that's what he's there to do. Saying he's just "a guy" isn't really fair: they put him up against a Fail Sail darling in a 5 minute match without any introduction at all.

imBask

Banned
I honestly think Vince won't like American Alphas, they're too """""""bland"""""" for the main product. I don't expect much

Angry Grimace

I honestly think Vince won't like American Alphas, they're too """""""bland"""""" for the main product. I don't expect much

Just look at Jason Jordan. They're getting a big push.

imBask

Banned
I hope you guys are right because I like them, but I have my doubts. Or at least I have my doubts for them as a team, I really like Chad Gable but he's way too small for Vince

Like, I really don't want to see them fight the usos forever, but that's what's going to happen

Angry Grimace

Meltzer thinks Nakamura is a complete genius at wrestling for recognizing exactly how WWE works and not trying to run NJPW matches in WWE.

Both Alvarez and Meltzer are nutting over how good he is at not doing anything but making the crowd believe he's doing all these crazy things, specifically not doing anything risky at all.

Fox318

Don't know if introducing all these tag teams at once is such a good idea

they are gonna have 7 hours of live tv (plus another 2 of Superstars and Main Event) and extra house shows on Monday and Tuesday to run.

They need a WCW roster size to really fill that time up.

imBask

Banned
by typing my last post I realized that we'll get some swerves with the draft!

let's play : who's splitting due to the draft ?

i'll go ahead and say Enzo & Cass, Lana and Rusev, Shining Stars, Zayn and Owens

DMczaf

Meltzer thinks Nakamura is a complete genius at wrestling for recognizing exactly how WWE works and not trying to run NJPW matches in WWE.

Both Alvarez and Meltzer are nutting over how good he is at not doing anything but making the crowd believe he's doing all these crazy things.

It really is genius.

You have Ziggler out here killing his body for silence, while Nakamura snaps his fingers and the crowd pops like they just saw Hogan slam Andre in front of 176K Hulkamaniacs.

Is any of the older NXT stuff worth revisiting? IE Build up of Bray, Seth, Neville, etc

Just seems like so much stuff to dig through and not every takeover is on the network.

Jamie OD

They're doing a brand split and talking about adding time to SmackDown. They can fit them.

Also I think they're doing the Dusty Rhodes Classic again this year. The first one began after Brooklyn so debuting new teams now is a good idea.

Edit: Oh you meant for the main roster. Yeah that's a problem since the main shows don't care much about tag team wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To this day, I don't know why the fuck Enzo isn't a manager. You might say, 'Vince hates managers' but that shit don't matter in NXT. And considering they just brought in a manager, I should think they're ok.

Don West as heel Sombra's valet please

by typing my last post I realized that we'll get some swerves with the draft!

let's play : who's splitting due to the draft ?

i'll go ahead and say Enzo & Cass, Lana and Rusev, Shining Stars, Zayn and Owens
I can't see Zayn or Owens being split. Honestly I could see everyone in the MITB plus Miz I think all being on Smackdown with the exception of the winner presumably.

Top Bottom