• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Sabucin

Shitty watermark aside
tumblr_o8he7fShD71u1ljrzo5_540.gif

tumblr_o4znfwp83h1sj4xr4o1_500.gif

tumblr_o6olmntfJ31sj4xr4o1_400.gif

Samoa Joe has the best facial expressions in wrestling right now

Samoa Joe is enjoying his run on NXT and you can tell it when you look his work there. Go watch the first run on ROH or TNA when he was unstoppable and you will notice the same.
When he is motivated he can deliever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
True, but it's just something I noticed. Honestly I'm just hoping it means he drops it and just goes around without paint or just using the leather jacket. It's cool but as you said, it's a gimmick and utterly meaningless given that the "Demon being another side of Finn" shtick seems barely if never touched upon now.

I think it was always just an entrance gimmick though. They kinda tried the whole "he's a different dude when he's the demon!" thing but it doesn't really make any sense since he still does the same signature spots.

BFIB

Bluekaveli might be my current favorite WrassleGaffer. He has the whole gimmick. Excited for pro wrestling, and his avatar is from my favorite movie of all time.

Even more so than Cass and Enzo, which is some feat, Alpha absolutely need to remain a team.
I've longed for an actual main event team in WWE for many years now, but they just don't view tag teams that way, they have to be midcard at best there. Alpha are the best choice for a headliner tag team they've had in forever.
That's what I miss about the old days, you actually had tag teams who stayed together. I was listening to the AE podcast and one of the greatest things they said was,

The Dudley's, E&C, and The Hardyz when they won it felt like they won the wwf title because it meant so much to them. Now most tag teams are together if they can't make it as main stars so they see it as the next best thing. It was phrased similar to that.

Don't start preemptively hating on Cass or Jordan based on assumptions their respective tag teams will get split up.

At the least, hate on them for them if you're going to hate.
I want Jordan to be the star! I might be the only one but I don't know which is the best considering I've only seen 3 of their matches.

Even more so than Cass and Enzo, which is some feat, Alpha absolutely need to remain a team.
I've longed for an actual main event team in WWE for many years now, but they just don't view tag teams that way, they have to be midcard at best there. Alpha are the best choice for a headliner tag team they've had in forever.

I agree completely they're the hottest tag team WWE has right now and they are so over. Jason Jordan is main event material but for now definitely keep American Alpha as a team.

Fox318

Don't start preemptively hating on Cass or Jordan based on assumptions their respective tag teams will get split up.

At the least, hate on them for them if you're going to hate.

Jordan got his ass booed out of the building at the San Jose NXT show. Gable saved his career when he turned him into the hot tag machine.

Same could be said with Cass right now. Those guys have the benefit of being the hot tag because they have Vince's look. Enzo could be just as over if not more than Big Cass as the hot tag.

They should go fill anime with Finn and make the demon his superhero alter ego, maybe even go as far as having Finn blackout and not remember anything when he turns into the demon.

Scottify

I like The Drifter in that there is a severe lack of guitar playing wrestlers these days. As a guitarist, I yearn for the days of Man Mountain Rock, Honky Tonk Man (but not so much Jeff Jarrett), musicians I can identify with.

Money
mmrwwfgeetar.jpg

\m/

It's kind of weird how I remember how EVERYTHING about Joe was off when he came in. Legit thought he was over the hill.

Who knew he just needed an exclusive contract.

Ithil

I agree completely they're the hottest tag team WWE has right now and they are so over. Jason Jordan is main event material but for now definitely keep American Alpha as a team.

Chad Gable is main event material too, in most ways more so. The only thing is his height, which shouldn't be a problem, but it will be.

CalmPreciousKingbird-size_restricted.gif

Vince is so happy right now. He finally has two young 6+ ft guys beside roman that have a great look. Too bad neither of them will be in the WWE title picture because Roman has that on lock for the next 10 years.

Are you kidding

Roman and Cena need people to face

Roman vs one and Cena vs the other can easily be the next Cena/Orton in terms of long feuds Vince loves main eventing and fans stopped caring about by match 2

klonere

Banned
I like how they've learned from Breeze to give PC people who do get over a real run at the title instead of having them lose all the way and then get called up.

Go get that title Tye.

Copied from the TakeOver thread:
Corey Graves only steel cage match was against some German dude named Ulf Herman.

I was front row for that! I have a picture somewhere of him at my feet after getting thrown through the cage.

Prepare for more tepid takes as I make my way through the last few pages of this thread, but Takeover was a good show.

somedevil

Some CWC news:

Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Rich Swann recently suffered a shoulder injury that could keep him out of the Cruiserweight Classic. He hasn’t wrestled at a live event since late March because he wants to let the shoulder heal before the tournament starts. His last match was against Elias Samson on March 19. He was announced for the CWC two weeks later. A source claims that Swann is “determined” to be in the tournament and is trying to make it happen.

Was wondering why he hasn't been working NXT or the house shows. Hopes he is cleared before the tournament starts.

BFIB

I think what hurt RVD was about how open he was regarding his pot use. Even in attitude era WWF when you make the cover of high times magazine, Vinny Mac probably isn't going to push you.

Top Bottom