• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

UberTag

They're not building for a TakeOver that happens 2 months from now. Even by the time they go to more tapings they will be like 7 episodes from TakeOver.
I'm not disputing that. Just saying that Triple H continues to tease Brooklyn on Twitter - likely because ticket sales go live on Saturday - and he's probably going to push ahead with certain planned Takeover matches regardless of whether certain guys get drafted and/or have to pull double duty on Summerslam weekend. It's not uncommon for planned Takeover matches to have shit or non-existent builds on NXT television as it is.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not disputing that. Just saying that Triple H continues to tease Brooklyn on Twitter - likely because ticket sales go live on Saturday - and he's probably going to push ahead with certain planned Takeover matches regardless of whether certain guys get drafted and/or have to pull double duty on Summerslam weekend. It's not uncommon for planned Takeover matches to have shit or non-existent builds on NXT television as it is.

I wouldn't doubt it, but I tend to doubt he would plug Nakamura v. Joe (which he did in that live interview) if that wasn't an actual thing that would happen because the chances of Joe AND Shinsuke are still there after Brooklyn doesn't seem that high to me.

There's also just the simple logic that Joe has to fight *someone* at TakeOver and its not going to be Finn again. By default the only guy I could see doing it at a Brooklyn TakeOver (which is an event they *actually* need to sell tickets for, unlike Full Sail stuff that sells out regardless since the venue is tiny) is Nakamura. Obviously they'll come up with something new if and when Vince says to bring Nakamura up to the main roster.

Is this you, NVM?

lex_luger0.png

Makes me think of the box art for the Mega Drive game WrestleWar

Wrestle_War_(video_game).jpg

Adree

Blue I fear for your health with so much concentrated Attitude Era viewing. Please don't give in to any urges for unprotected chairshots or attempt to do flying kicks into trashcans.

Blue I fear for your health with so much concentrated Attitude Era viewing. Please don't give in to any urges for unprotected chairshots or attempt to do flying kicks into trashcans.
Attitude Era is so one week ago, we're in the invasion era brother!

“If the
basis for any match is the acrobatic high-spots and those alone, you’ve
probably got a very shallow story being told,” Ross wrote.

This is 2001, just remember that guys.

TGMIII

Fly out to Northern Ireland tomorrow. Got my NXT ticket for Belfast, I'll be there front row. I get the feeling I won't sleep much tonight.

The show isn't looking to be super packed. I've got 2nd row tickets myself and I'm hoping there's enough of a crowd but weirdly a lot of people I know who are into wrestling decided to skip the show. You would think people would be jumping at the chance to see these guys since NI usually gets the short straw when it comes to tours.

Also I apologize in advance for how little there is to do in Belfast.

The show isn't looking to be super packed. I've got 2nd row tickets myself and I'm hoping there's enough of a crowd but weirdly a lot of people I know who are into wrestling decided to skip the show. You would think people would be jumping at the chance to see these guys since NI usually gets the short straw when it comes to tours.

Yeah ticketmaster still has e-tickets available, I thought it would be a sellout. Where you will be sitting I'm in ringside block D.

TGMIII

Yeah ticketmaster still has e-tickets available, I thought it would be a sellout. Where you will be sitting I'm in ringside block D.

I'm in E, if I remember right.

Tickets for this were an absolute mess. A friend of mine had to go to a physical ticketmaster since their site wouldn't let us check out on the day of release and he was told that front row tickets were sold out. A few days later it showed the front rows being completely empty and then minutes later they were gone again.

I'm surprised it's not more heavily booked since local indie shows usually have a really good turn out.

Tickets for this were an absolute mess. A friend of mine had to go to a physical ticketmaster since their site wouldn't let us check out on the day of release and he was told that front row tickets were sold out. A few days later it showed the front rows being completely empty and then minutes later they were gone again.

That's no good, I got lucky, I checked a few days before I bought and by pure luck more than anything else the tickets were still available and I was able to check out the first time no problems. That said ticketmaster took their sweet time with delivery I only got my ticket on Monday.

Let's net get too far ahead of ourselves, the transition into a full fledged third brand will take time, plus they won't want to alienate the Full Sail regulars.

I'm surprised it's not more heavily booked since local indie shows usually have a really good turn out.

I just rechecked my ticket, I'm in E as well, you could literally be right behind me, I am now going to designate this the WrassleGAF block from now on lol.

Wait what

I have a slight appreciation for them since they're from my city

They were on the 2 most recent episodes as the house band. When they first flashed to them I recognized the guy in the mask and thought "what, no way". Then they said "And thanks to the Voodoo Glow Skulls" and lost my shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know what
I'm actually looking forward to live SD + brand split

1. Congratulations on getting your Bachelor's

2. It's one of the few things about wrestling that excite me at the moment. Can't wait to enjoy it for a month and then see it ruined when they lose interest.

So when is NXT leaving Full Sail permanently?

I mean, it's got to be coming.

Unfortunately it's probably not going to happen anytime soon, they have a pretty sweet deal with Full Sail where they pay next to nothing for production IIRC. I just wish they could do something to cycle people into the audience so it's not the same annoying regulars hanging around.

Is there a period of The Network I should avoid all together? I know 2009 is considered the worst year, but any others? Its hard to figure out the eras and which were good, or which ahd redeeming matches despite bad story lines.

I tried to watch some stuff from when the Smackdown brand was in full swing, but so much of it feels carny as hell. The overuse of sexualization, especially while Eddie was around, just makes me cringe.

Kurita

That Breaking Ground special was some great stuff, especially the parts with the call ups.
I don't like Crews but it was really sweet to see his reaction, dude was overwhelmed.

Jamie OD

Heard similar things about the Dublin show, ticket sales weren't strong at all when they became available. WWE house shows over here are majority kids and families. They wouldn't be the target audience and I don't know if that fanbase here is even aware of NXT. If either Dublin or Belfast show was a Takeover then it would sell out no problem because people from around Britain and the rest of Europe would travel to see it just like London. Probably not going to happen anytime soon though which is a shame. I think a big proper WWE or NXT event in Ireland could have a similar great atmosphere to Takeover London or even the UFC shows we got.

Kaladin

So
Nakamura vs Balor
is going to be one of the main events for the next takeover.

And we're getting
American Alpha vs The Revival 2/3 falls
in 3 weeks.

Didn't expect the first and I'm happy they're not waiting on the second.

TGMIII

Heard similar things about the Dublin show, ticket sales weren't strong at all when they became available. WWE house shows over here are majority kids and families. They wouldn't be the target audience and I don't know if that fanbase here is even aware of NXT. If either Dublin or Belfast show was a Takeover then it would sell out no problem because people from around Britain and the rest of Europe would travel to see it just like London. Probably not going to happen anytime soon though which is a shame. I think a big proper WWE or NXT event in Ireland could have a similar great atmosphere to Takeover London or even the UFC shows we got.

I can only assume it's due to the ticket prices. Front few rows are £110 and then the next ticket is around £52. I'm willing to pay up just this once because it will probably be the only time we'll ever get a line up like this and seeing how the ticket sales are I think that'll seal it for sure.

Can't help but be a little disappointed that the crowd may be on the light side but I guess we'll see how it is when I get there. I assume they're going to be moving everyone up as far forward as possible otherwise it'll look even worse. I'm sure there's enough people here that are aware of NXT but for some strange reason most of the people I know who are aware of NXT just decided not to go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The team is trash but my god this shirt is not. Aha

Didn't The Ryback do this with his wrestling gear once?

Yes, him and Axel had a Step Brothers singlet. It was good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe they're using the Authors of Pain title. Did fucking Davey Richards come in and workshop that one for them?

• They need to keep the masks on.
• They need to go super strong booked Faces of Fear and just demolish the division
• If Revival are champions and American Alpha are being called up, who are they feuding with? Revival as faces is not gonna work at all.

Top Bottom