• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

bjork

Crash wasn't good when it was new. You were nine.

A lot if you will call Cornette's bluff but you need to hear his account on 97, it's really good. His stories and impression of Kevin Dunn are great.

It's over 3 hours but it is worth it.

I like the fact that he still has notebooks and stuff from then. His storytelling exaggerates for sure, but I doubt the figures do. I could listen to that dude tell stories all day.

One thing that always bothered me about Jeff Hardy is that they present him as a high-flyer (especially in WWE) and shit but, he's kinda slow? It's weird.

Do you know how hard it is to climb shit when you're hopped up on pills and stuff? Jumping off, it probably looks like it's 3 miles to the ground.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
good place to meet other Irish people and why do Americans go to McDonalds why abroad, same concept

But there aren't other Irish people at Irish bars. Just American white people watching basketball and paying too much for Guinness.

Menome

I can always go back and jump into some Crash Bandicoot without a problem, unlike some of the other 3D platform games of the time like Croc: Legend of The Gobbos and Spyro. It still works because it's simple.

bjork

Revisionist history bullshit. As untrue as the Sonic was never good crap people come out with.

I'm as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. First time I encountered Crash was at a TRU kiosk section that had a Saturn with NiGHTS and an N64 running Mario 64. Seemed immediately underwhelming in every aspect, and playing it later at a friend's house reaffirmed it in my mind.

Sonic 1 and 2 were good, some of the best stuff on the Genesis. But after that the franchise has a few bright spots and many more missteps.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna laugh when Roman finally takes off his vest mid-match and it turns out to be 50-pound Son Goku training clothes and he's even more unstoppable without the vest.

bjork

I'm gonna laugh when Roman finally takes off his vest mid-match and it turns out to be 50-pound Son Goku training clothes and he's even more unstoppable without the vest.

lJfu1t.gif

Zach

RAW has Austin vs. Undertaker in the main event for the championship. WCW's bold head-to-head strategy? Kevin Nash vs. David Flair for the championship.

Brilliant.

Zach

Have we talked about the redesigned WCW entry ramp in 1999? I've noticed everyone walks down it extra carefully, making sure to avoid the middle of the ramp (great design!). Well, someone finally bit the dust on it.

July 5, 1999. WCW Nitro spectacular in a pretty packed Georgia Dome. Opening match is Juvi vs. Chavo. Chavo slips and falls like a buffoon on the ramp.

I wonder if he loses sleep over that moment to this day...

Edit: that rascal stro covered this! :D

He even has a gif of Chavo's misfortune. I'd post it but I'm not sure it'll work...? Format seems weird, but I don't know things... Anyway, here's a cheap plug for NVM if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.legitshook.com/strobogos-1999-wcw-recaps-and-gifs/2013/10/28/wcw-monday-nitro-7599

From Reddit

Not so fun fact: Sasha Banks has more t-shirts on WWEShop.com than Raw matches this year.
u/Alicia66663h

10 different T-shirts available currently on WWEShop.com.

7 matches on Raw in 2016.

And she actually has 11 total Raw appearances this year, so she's been on Raw one more time than the amount of t-shirts she has.

Invariably sad.

klonere

Banned
I'm pretty sure Thatcher is now my guilty pleasure fav. I know he relies on the same shtick, all his matches feel slightly off and his work style remains the same no matter the opponent but

I love his facials, I love how fight like (read: sloppy) his matches are and I love the story he's going through right now. But damn if he has one more stinker of a match I can see the crowd turning on him hard.

Zach

#BROKEN Matt Hardy and Brother Nero, with help from their dad Michael "P.S." Hardy, just beat Ron Simmons and Jibble for the tag titles! :O

klonere

Banned
Okay, reality restored. I'm ROH and have been murdering NXT on PPV and weekly TV. I think they are going to poach a bunch of people now though, its just like one of japanese animes real life.

a4dJHsC.png

Do they still have the previous "lesser" versions for free?

It's a fun mod to mess around in for a few hours.

05 is free, the prices for the rest have dropped. 2013 is $24.95, 2010 $19.95, 08 $9.95, 07 $7.95, all with free demos

The mods for all games that include promotions like WWE are free

Top Bottom