• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

DMczaf

I love that HBK is back in shape again. Made me feel bad seeing him becoming FatBK after retirement.

Thanks Vince for tricking him into thinking Austin would get in shape for WM32!

CkdNLf1WEAAHE_P.jpg:large

Zach

Arn and Larry definitely are not dad bod, by media standards. They definitely have the blue collar worker bod which I much prefer to the Cage / Ryback look.

Pre-Hogan WCW is something I'm not super versed in, but watching the War Games collection gave me a bit of appreciation for those dudes. There's a distinct feel and difference in the matches when Hogan shows up. It's hard to explain, but the whole vibe just feels different.

Your journey awaits:

CBbvCE7.png

Yooo if I was Owen, fuck this bullshit I would have just said that I can't do it. Hearing how she went to the catwalk herself is horrifying.

Zach

Stop it Data, he's not there yet

got damn

Checking the card on the first event listed there:

- Big Van Vader & Mr. Hughes vs. The Steiner Brothers
- Barry Windham, Dustin Rhodes & Ron Simmons vs. The Dangerous Alliance
- Rick Rude & Steve Austin vs. Ricky Steamboat & Sting

Daaang. That's what I'm talkin' about, daddeh!

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Mr. Hughes invalidates the rest.

It's frankly amazing how many chances that guy got.

DMczaf

That said, shit like this does go a long way to explain Matt Riddle's work outside Evolve:
zar.gif

This put a smile on my face

Zach

That card is the whole ball game.

Mr. Hughes..... Fuck him.

WCW had a great run in the early 90's but it became a trainwreck for it's last years.

Well duh. That's why we're talking pre-Hogan here.

While re-watching some monday night wars stuff I was realizing I kind of hate the nwo. I loved it while it was going on and I realize the impact is great, but really the moment hogan & Bischoff get involved it goes to complete shit.

2 minutes into 92 Clash of Champions and what the hell happened to Missy Hyatt later in life!? I know it's plastic surgery, but yeeeeesh

Zach you didn't mention Vader was coming out in his mask/helmet. This is great, hooked.

I know wrestling becoming so mainstream is largely due to his runs in the 80's but I tend to find his matches on the whole boring, it worked because he was so over primarily.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have to assume that top catchphrases thing has to be WWE exclusive

because otherwise we know what would be number 1

ITS OVAH

I know wrestling becoming so mainstream is largely due to his runs in the 80's but I tend to find his matches on the whole boring, it worked because he was so over primarily.

The wrestling to me feels more fluid. A lot of matches now feel less fluid because they're wrestling to set up for moves. Every guy now has 5 signature moves so they need to get them in. Back in the 80s and early 90s you just had your set up and finisher so the matches felt more like a story of sorts. Things just moved with back and forth (or straight squashing).

That gif is the perfect display of how much Hogan had control over people. Mero, Sags, Macho, Mouth. I know it was probably for a segment, but I would not be surprised if Vader felt like he was dealing with clique BS

Top Bottom