• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Striker

That gif is the perfect display of how much Hogan had control over people. Mero, Sags, Macho, Mouth. I know it was probably for a segment, but I would not be surprised if Vader felt like he was dealing with clique BS
Unfortunately for the big guy, he went to the other company to deal with the Kliq bullshit (which he always says he liked how the WWF treated him, this and that, he's too nice to admit dumb shit people would do to ruin a push or angle).

That and Vince never had anyone like Vader before. He had Yokozuna but he could only move so much. This isn't a monster of the week they always had before with Bundy and Kamala.

JavyOO7

Watching Crews/Corbin from Takeover London and the first thing that drives me nuts is how the spotlight of Corbin's entrance didn't follow him all the way at the start of the entrance... the spotlights are at the beginning of the long walkway instead... blah. I just liked how his entrance works together with the way he walks in conjunction him with music and the blue spotlights.

He's not perfect in any means in this match and the crowd is going 'eh' in the middle of the match but he's still great ranting at Crews the entire match so far. "GO BACK TO RING OF HONOR!!!" was awesome and funny.

I heart his punches so much too. Seeing it in this match is great, seeing it in person is even better (against Sami Zayn in Miami).

Crews was able to not get hit by the end of days the first time around but got hit the second time around... 'out of no where'. The right guy won!

The promo package before Corbin's match against Aries didn't even include this fantastic promo by Corbin.

And then worst of all Corbin lost. =/

How's Corbin doing on RAW? All I remember is nonsense with Dog Ziggler.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather have Hogan bury me than Shawn

At least Hogan burying you means a big payday. And you're not getting buried by a 100 pound drug addict that can't draw a dime. Brother.

JavyOO7

I thought Vampiro was super lame in WCW. But that's because he was feuding with my favorite geek in Sting. And Sting became Super lame the moment he lost to Hogan in Starrcade, and even more lamer when he wore red face paint for the Wolfpac stable. Ugh.

Vader being a known goober isn't anything personal

Yoko's better

Did Vader ever require a forklift to move his fat ass about?
yokozuna-forklift.jpg

Unfortunately for the big guy, he went to the other company to deal with the Kliq bullshit (which he always says he liked how the WWF treated him, this and that, he's too nice to admit dumb shit people would do to ruin a push or angle).

That and Vince never had anyone like Vader before. He had Yokozuna but he could only move so much. This isn't a monster of the week they always had before with Bundy and Kamala.
It's very hard to even picture someone like Shawn or Bret beating Vader. Man people would've been calling for Vader to rip Shawn apart when ot got around October had they actually decided to go with the original plans.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Data West, your thoughts on:

- Vampiro in WCW
- gay Lenny and Lodi
- heel Rick Steiner

Go go go!

-10/10 Look. Weirdly inconsistent promos. Some weeks he was good, others he wasn't. He was ridiculously over and definitely should have been the future of that company had he had one. I think if he didn't have his drug issues, WWE would've signed him and he might have been huge. Decent enough wrestler. Really hurt by the fat that Sting never ever made him look good.
-Kind of throw away. Didn't really matter. Poorly written yet still somehow handled better than WWE handled gay or ambiguous characters.
-As forgettable as Heel Animal. Though I did remember him cutting promos and being like, 'fuck now he sounds just like Scott'. Needed a complete image makeover if they were going to try to push him as a big heel. Rick Steiner is also permanently over in WCW so he was never going to work as a heel. Crowd loved him too much.
Did Vader ever require a forklift to move his fat ass about?
yokozuna-forklift.jpg

I don't recall Yoko ever calling himself a fat piece of shit on camera

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bam Bam talked about how him and Yoko used to laugh in Vader's face because of how much he looked like he thought wrestling was real

Top Bottom