• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

He was always in great shape, but Norman Smiley looks like a Michelangelo sculpture come to life in the 80s
dssdadsa31zpj3.png

dxasdweqd38wo8q.png
The best thing is that he didn't do what most other do and that's stay big and beefy later in his career by any means. Norman is awesome.

Menome

I've watched every RAW and PPV since Wrestlemania last year, along with the NXT output as well. If the rumours turn out true with a three-hour Smackdown and fortnightly PPVs, then I'm just going to stick with NXT and the PPVs.

As much as I enjoy it, wrestling's not my main hobby and I'm not potentially dedicating four nights a week to it. That's crazy.

DMczaf

Meltzer was going to be one of Rourke's shooters at WM if Jericho went into business for himself.

He's more legit than this damn business!

Anth0ny

so apparently wwe is doing 20 ppvs a year? two a month for each brand besides rumble/mania/slam/survivor series?

fuckin hell

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That snacks for a marketing convention thread.

Guys, we as wrasslin fans might actually be above anime fans AND gamers now.

Fox318

If there was an equivalent sized WWE competitor, wrestling fandom online would be toxic as fuck and awful.

Thats why the WCW reboot failed.

For years WWF fans were told to hate WCW and WCW fans were told to hate the WWF.

There are so many WCW fans that just gave up on wrestling.

Thats why the WCW reboot failed.

For years WWF fans were told to hate WCW and WCW fans were told to hate the WWF.

There are so many WCW fans that just gave up on wrestling.

And the rest who stayed went to TNA and will give up on wrestling if that ever finally goes belly up too

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wait, so WWE is going to be doing 2 PPVs a month again?

So I'm thinking my viewing habits are going to change with wrestling. No way am I watching 3 hours of RAW, 2 hours of Smackdown, 3 hours of a Raw PPV, and 3 hours of a Smackdown PPV.

If Smackdown gets a better roster, I'll watch it instead.

Anth0ny

the good thing about this news, if it ends up happening, is that it will only further deter people from watching the product on tv. which will lead to lower ratings. which could possibly lead to positive changes.

or the company just dies off. whatever.

bjork

guys

half of each show will be recaps of the other shows, so you can pick and choose what to watch

or you can just go to WWE.com and get clips of stuff you're interested in

or you can just read a report and consume an entire show in about four minutes

there's no obligation to watch everything

Fox318

guys

half of each show will be recaps of the other shows, so you can pick and choose what to watch

Why do you think there are so many raw review podcasts and youtube shows?

The big shows will still be big because right now they have the talent but the day to day show isn't going to get anyone new interested in wrestling.

Anth0ny

Why do you think there are so many raw review podcasts and youtube shows?

nerds love the sound of their own voice? not exclusive to wrestling.

it's the same reason why 99% of people who call in on a call in show seem insane. their thoughts MUST be expressed to the public. their voice must be heard.

Fox318

I honestly don't know. I've never invested any time into any of that.

There is a huge market of people whose sole job is to recap raw like a newspaper reporter at a ball game.

How many people would try and consume Game of Thrones just with New York Times reviews on each episode?

klonere

Banned
guys

sure but where's the money in that, where's the stars, where's the story. when there is so much content, you can't make any of it or all of it important and noteworthy because the burden of knowledge on a new fan would be overwhelming to keep up with 1045 hours a month of stuff happening.

so they can't have much happen at all ever so nothing feels special and no one feels special and it's all just fine with no emotional impact ever because they can never properly build to anything because there's so much stuff all the time that they constantly have to be just coasting so no one is overwhelmed coming in

its all fucking garbage and everyone involved needs to be fired

sorry 4 da rant

I really don't care how many ppvs they're providing since it's all in the network. Just don't go changing the price though.

Although, it would've been cool if they alternated ppvs so stories could be longer and you just had a special raw or sd where the titles are defended.

And like Bjork said, you're not obligated to watch both our either shows. If the rumoured rosters stars are true, I see SD doing exactly what they want it to do, win over the hardcore fans again.

While we're only a small margin, only a handful of us watch sd that are in this thread. But I think more hardcore will watch SD over Raw because that's Vince's money show and his guys will be over there. Most hardcore fans don't want to see his guy. So they'll turn to sd that has what they want, commentary too.

As long as they have an SD and Raw recap for the shows, you'll be caught up if you decide to watch both ppvs.

But hey you have a choice no

bjork

There is a huge market of people whose sole job is to recap raw like a newspaper reporter at a ball game.

How many people would try and consume Game of Thrones just with New York Times reviews on each episode?

Apples and oranges. Game of Thrones will have an end. The "no off season" aspect of WWE has rendered everything about the entire product as the opposite of must-see TV.

sure but where's the money in that, where's the stars, where's the story. when there is so much content, you can't make any of it or all of it important and noteworthy because the burden of knowledge on a new fan would be overwhelming to keep up with 1045 hours a month of stuff happening.

so they can't have much happen at all ever so nothing feels special and no one feels special and it's all just fine with no emotional impact ever because they can never properly build to anything because there's so much stuff all the time that they constantly have to be just coasting so no one is overwhelmed coming in

its all fucking garbage and everyone involved needs to be fired

sorry 4 da rant

I agree.

But then, I'm not running WWE. They're worried more about selling ad time or whatever than they are in putting on an engrossing product that people tune in for. It'll cave in on itself, then things will change one way or the other.

Hell I'm more worried about Mania, I wouldn't give it away for free again. Make people sign up for ten bucks to watch your money show, then include another ppv within the month as their free ppv. They cancel if they want to but make sure you get that ten bucks this year, make some sign up deadline idk.

Top Bottom