• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Kaiterra

Banned
oh you can already see the next ones illusion shattering
17038176b65c86a40af741985eb8d8ee.jpg

dont worry guys i fully expect my boy sombra to flop

I just expect everybody to flop now

Fox318

I can't look at any community that thought Dean Ambrose was going to win the Royal Rumble favorably or "ahead of the curve" on anything, Cagey. I just can't.

THEN everyone (sorry, I know it's not "everyone", but it was enough to notice) thought he'd beat both Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar at Fastlane, making him the headliner for WrestleMania. It was simply bizarre.

If you had gone back to 1997 and told me that the Hulk Hogan lookalike Rokcy Mavia would be the most over wrestler in the history of wrestling I'd say you were crazy.

Who knows what would have happened if Ambrose won or suddenly took on a more serious character.

Then again it doesn't help that he dresses like that.

When you reach the main event you should be forced to wear tights and 99.9% of people shouldn't wear a shirt.

I think it also says something about him that Y2J took the tack bump instead of him. Dean can't even have a hardcore rep because of they see him as the next goon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrasslegaf isn't ahead of the curve on anything

Except a select few #tastemakers in the thread

Barrage

People wondering why Ambrose's reaction has fallen off a cliff recently? It's because the reaction was a protest vote. Crowds weren't Pro-Ambrose, they were Anti-Reigns. Now that that angle is over, his reaction has gone back to the midcard level it was in the winter.

That being said, of course he's fixable. Think of every moron who said Styles was "buried" by Jericho, and he's in a molten-hot feud with the face of the company.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He said nothing about that. I'm taking issue with the idea of "You shouldn't like this wrestler anymore because he was in a squash match".

I didn't read it as that. I read it as Ambrose having an incredibly poor performance. Not because he lost easily to Brock. If booking decisions alone was why Ambrose had issues, he'd have brought up the Bray matches

Fox318

People wondering why Ambrose's reaction has fallen off a cliff recently? It's because the reaction was a protest vote. Crowds weren't Pro-Ambrose, they were Anti-Reigns. Now that that angle is over, his reaction has gone back to the midcard level it was in the winter.

That being said, of course he's fixable. Think of every moron who said Styles was "buried" by Jericho, and he's in a molten-hot feud with the face of the company.

Ehh look at that Raw in Brooklyn in 2014 where he was really over.

They just turned Ambrose into "Roman's Pal" so they could hide Roman below the card til the end of the year.

Had Cena been healthy no fucking way does Roman main event Mania especially after Cena had his best year since 2004

Barrage

Ehh look at that Raw in Brooklyn in 2014 where he was really over.

They just turned Ambrose into "Roman's Pal" so they could hide Roman below the card til the end of the year.

Had Cena been healthy no fucking way does Roman main event Mania especially after Cena had his best year since 2004

Having to go back to 2014 doesn't help Ambrose's cause.

I agree that Cena/Taker would have main evented WM.

But they still sold 100K, so they made do attendance-wise. The branding of WM as The Big One has worked-now they just have to make the middle months not feel like filler.

Heel

Wrasslegaf isn't ahead of the curve on anything

Except a select few #tastemakers in the thread

Is Kevin Owens a "gimmick poster" around these parts now that he's joined in my opinion of the Full Sail crowd, friend? Sorry if I missed it, I don't read the thread much anymore.

Ithil

Having to go back to 2014 doesn't help Ambrose's cause.

I agree that Cena/Taker would have main evented WM.

But they still sold 100K, so they made do attendance-wise. The branding of WM as The Big One has worked-now they just have to make the middle months not feel like filler.

Going back to when he wasn't booked to be a complete goof?

dream

Also, can we just acknowledge that I was the first person in the world to actively point out how terrible the Full Sail fans are, and the iSEC hive mind shouted me down for "hating fun" and "being negative?"

GunBR

Sometimes I wonder in what universe WrassleGAF lives
Ambrose was extremely over during the Rumble and during he fight against Trips at Roadblock
And (with AJ as heel) he still is the most over face of roster.

It will be great to see the reactions here if he gets the briefcase sunday

Barrage

Going back to when he wasn't booked to be a complete goof?

He was booked goofy going back to the Wyatt feud.

Doesn't excuse his in-ring going to complete shit.

Guys like Eddie Guerrero or Daniel Bryan didn't start wrestling like trash when their booking went froggy.

Ambrose winning the title now is the equivalent of Dicaprio winning the Oscar for the Revenant.

Fox318

Also, can we just acknowledge that I was the first person in the world to actively point out how terrible the Full Sail fans are, and the iSEC hive mind shouted me down for "hating fun" and "being negative?"

I think thats with every wrestling fanbase over time.

Once a crowd gets smart to the fact that they can manipulate the show unless the booker knows how to deal with it (pre-recorded TV editing certain chants, kicking people out, change booking) you are gonna get a product that suffers.

That gets compounded by the fact that the same people show up the the building everynight.

You want fans to be engaged and know who everyone is but what you don't want is for them to be ironically begging for say Blake as Womens NXT champion or something like that.

Push the people that they love or if your guy that you want isn't doing great repackage him somehow. People couldn't stand Jason Jordan at the NXT San Jose show now he is the most over hot tag in wrestling.

Sometimes I wonder in what universe WrassleGAF lives
Ambrose was extremely over during the Rumble and during he fight against Trips at Roadblock
And (with AJ as heel) he still is the most over face of roster.

It will be great to see the reactions here if he gets the briefcase sunday
It's going to be awesome when he gets the case and the title. The tears will taste grrrrrreat!

Kaiterra

Banned
He was booked goofy going back to the Wyatt feud.

Doesn't excuse his in-ring going to complete shit.

Guys like Eddie Guerrero or Daniel Bryan didn't start wrestling like trash when their booking went froggy.

Ambrose winning the title now is the equivalent of Dicaprio winning the Oscar for the Revenant.

You're not wrong but you can't use that argument to retroactively say people were wrong for supporting him in the past.

I don't mind the idea of Ambrose winning the briefcase (after Owens, he would be my second pick for who I want to pick up the win), it's just I don't trust the WWE enough to actually give him a run with the title. I believe if he wins the briefcase, he will fail an attempt to cash it in since the WWE seem to not really want him as a main-event level.

He'll cash it for a Shield triple-threat for the momentum of such an awesome opportunity for a match, then proceed to probably lose said match.

Heel

I think the main hurdle, dream, is that many here will not admit that they're wrong.

We're all wrong sometimes, like that time I thought Bray Wyatt was going to do big thangs. We're also sometimes right, when I joined Chamber in early 2011 in saying that Tyler Black would be WWE World Heavyweight Titleman.

You can't just sit around, like, say, Ithil, proclaiming that Roman Reigns is a failure for two years running, and then some years later, proclaim that you were right all along. Sometimes you just have to "hold that L" so to speak.

So I think it's time for all of us to finally admit that the only proper thing to do at a wrestling show is to cheer, boo, and clap.

Thank you for your time.

Ithil

I think thats with every wrestling fanbase over time.

Once a crowd gets smart to the fact that they can manipulate the show unless the booker knows how to deal with it (pre-recorded TV editing certain chants, kicking people out, change booking) you are gonna get a product that suffers.

That gets compounded by the fact that the same people show up the the building everynight.

You want fans to be engaged and know who everyone is but what you don't want is for them to be ironically begging for say Blake as Womens NXT champion or something like that.

Push the people that they love or if your guy that you want isn't doing great repackage him somehow. People couldn't stand Jason Jordan at the NXT San Jose show now he is the most over hot tag in wrestling.

The solution to unwanted crowd chants is to replace the first letter of random words with the letter H.

dream

I think the main hurdle, dream, is that many here will not admit that they're wrong.

We're all wrong sometimes, like that time I thought Bray Wyatt was going to do big thangs. We're also sometimes right, when I joined Chamber in early 2011 in saying that Tyler Black would be WWE World Heavyweight Titleman.

You can't just sit around, like, say, Ithil, proclaiming that Roman Reigns is a failure for two years running, and then some years later, proclaim that you were right all along. Sometimes you just have to "hold that L" so to speak.

So I think it's time for all of us to finally admit that the only proper thing to do at a wrestling show is to cheer, boo, and clap.

Thank you for your time.
I sort of understand it though. As hard as it is to stand up, man up, and say, "I was wrong," it's even harder to say "you were right."

Pikma

Banned
I haven't been here long enough to know and understand what all of this is about, so excuse me if I'm missing something, but why is dream so desperate for recognition?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Thank you for your time.
A simple request, but people resist these things.

@MrJacobCohen
Scoop #14: Matt now says the match will happen in one week, it won't happen at the Impact Zone, the final battle will happen at their home

A TNA main event will literally happen in a backyard

BROTHA NERO

Kaiterra

Banned
I haven't been here long enough to know and understand what all of this is about, so excuse me if I'm missing something, but why is dream so desperate for recognition?

Some posters here have long ago decided they enjoyed wallowing in their self-perceived superiority over other fans to an absurd degree. Basically the same dudes I remember sitting around in the IRC channel with who would spend every damn day just nonstop shitting on people here and thinking up new and more inane ways to troll them. I'm sure that's still a thing on Slack or whatever, what with the random interjections of banned member strobogo's opinions in the thread all the time.

Ithil

Some posters here have long ago decided they enjoyed wallowing in their self-perceived superiority over other fans to an absurd degree. Basically the same dudes I remember sitting around in the IRC channel with who would spend every damn day just nonstop shitting on people here and thinking up new and more inane ways to troll them. I'm sure that's still a thing on Slack or whatever, what with the random interjections of banned member strobogo's opinions in the thread all the time.

In short

stupidqwyx2.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

people in here still bringing up Strobogo and jumping at shadows. smh.

Kaladin

He's shootin'.

Top Bottom