• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

JavyOO7

I still think that. Dean is the crown jewel of the Shield. Better than his two counterparts. Had the better HHH match too while Roman stunk the joint. =p

Mizerman

So you're telling me that everyone in wrestling gaf independently decided that Dean Ambrose is an entertaining professional wrestler who should be world champion?

*Raises left eyebrow*

If I remember correctly, people were mixed in wanting Dean Ambrose as champ. Some posters don't even like him much.

Most of the time people here seem to criticize Ambrose a lot, calling him sloppy, has a limited moveset and that he shouldn't get a push. I can't ever recall much positive word being spoke about him.

dream

Okay boys, you poked the tiger. Expect heavy usage of the search engine when I get home, and receipts to be distributed accordingly.

Pikma

Banned
Cagey, do you remember when wrestling gaf insisted that Dean Ambrose was an entertaining pro wrestler and deserved to be world champion?
Is wrestling gaf composed of just one user, or is it an arbitrary number of people that agree on the same topics so it can fit your hivemind argument?
Because whatever you're trying to prove, it is stupid.

Ithil

Most of the time people here seem to criticize Ambrose a lot, calling him sloppy, has a limited moveset and that he shouldn't get a push. I can't ever recall much positive word being spoke about him.

During his FCW and Shield days there was a lot of positive views of him, he gave good promos and was much more serious. Shockingly now that he's a permanent "wacky" midcarder who gave up bothering in the ring, there are more negative opinions.

Aiii

So not worth it

Just like in the real world, there is no hivemind. There are people that love Ambrose, there are people that hate Ambrose and there is a whole bunch of people in between those two ends. Marvelous, innit?

Okay boys, you poked the tiger. Expect heavy usage of the search engine when I get home, and receipts to be distributed accordingly.

Why bother, any quote you might produce that proves someone changed their opinion just proves that they changed their opinion and not your point that everyone loves Ambrose. And mind you, you said EVERYONE in this thread loves Ambrose and wants him to he World Champion.

I don't mind Ambrose. If he wins the briefcase and the Shield triple-threat is done right then great. The main question is whether or not WWE will actually let him win the belt.

Heel

Sorry, I guess when I think "ISEC", I don't think of a catch-all term for an all-inclusive sect of fans defined by anyone who has the ability connect to the internet and an actual capacity to enjoy what they're watching.

Apologies if I had it wrong, friends. I'll be sure to be more specific in the future.

Yeah I feel like GAF is pretty meh on Ambrose and don't think he should be getting main event push to high heave. Wreddit on the other hand...

klonere

Banned
Post-Shield breakup, Seth Rollins feud Dean would have been a nice WHC

Prop comic lol so randumb wacky Dean isn't even really main event material let alone champion

dream

If people ask you "So what did you do with your evening?", will you answer truthfully?
That's a good point, Ithil; there are better uses of my time. Thank you for reminding me of that.

But you Dean Ambrose for world champ people know who you are, and you know I know who you are.

Dean made a reference on Monday I believe to when he leaped out from the box to attack Seth and I could only think that was one of the things he did that might qualify for him to be called crazy. Not the "HAHA, LOOK AT HIM, HIS TONGUE IS OUT AND HIS EYES ARE WIDE, HE'S INSANE AND A LUNATIC, MAGGLE. HE'S HAVING FUN" they have him do today.

Guy needs that kind of feud or build-up if he gets the briefcase, just fuck with the champion, attack at random times, keep teasing a cash-in.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's a good point, Ithil; there are better uses of my time. Thank you for reminding me of that.

But you Dean Ambrose for world champ people know who you are, and you know I know who you are.

Hey, they are allowed to be wrong. They are probably the only ones still watching Raw, so maybe Ambrose really does deserve to be WC. Who even knows?

Dean made a reference on Monday I believe to when he leaped out from the box to attack Seth and I could only think that was one of the things he did that might qualify for him to be called crazy. Not the "HAHA, LOOK AT HIM, HIS TONGUE IS OUT AND HIS EYES ARE WIDE, HE'S INSANE AND A LUNATIC, MAGGLE. HE'S HAVING FUN" they have him do today.

Guy needs that kind of feud or build-up if he gets the briefcase, just fuck with the champion, attack at random times, keep teasing a cash-in.

Dean is the least crazy wrestler to dawn the crazy gimmick

You know the fucking problem isn't that X Pac sucks, it's that you all the fans fucking suck. You're just mad that someone who looks like an average guy has been collecting a check since he was 15 doing what he loves. While most of you pimole face geeks were working in a store bagging groceries or flipping burgers at burger king and probably still do.

If you're not down with X Pac then fuck you too.

MAKE SOME NOISE!

Ithil

You know the fucking problem isn't that X Pac sucks, it's that you all the fans fucking suck. You're just mad that someone who looks like an average guy has been collecting a check since he was 15 doing what he loves. While most of you pimole face geeks were working in a store bagging groceries or flipping burgers at burger king and probably still do.

MAKE SOME NOISE!

Get back to watching RAW, Waltman.

Mizerman

MAKE SOME NOISE!

Can't cut the mustard, brother!

Dean is the least crazy wrestler to dawn the crazy gimmick
Yeah, that's accurate, but at the very least some things he has done could explain why the commentary go overboard with every little thing that he does. You cut out the commentary and it would just seem like Ambrose is an eccentric dude with the way he talks and handles himself, not a maniac.

Get back to watching RAW, Waltman.

Can't cut the mustard, brother!
tumblr_m5g3gv4OUG1qm15teo9_r1_250.gif

klonere

Banned
Dean's offense is also absolute garbage which doesn't really fit his crazy gimmick. Worst chops, worst punches, WORST suicide dive.

Yeah, that's accurate, but at the very least some things he has done could explain why the commentary go overboard with every little thing that he does. You cut out the commentary and it would just seem like Ambrose is an eccentric dude with the way he talks and handles himself, not a maniac.

He's a better talker than wrestler. His rope bounce back stuff and suicide dive are weak as hell. But in this age of wrestling every guy has to have their 5 moves that they do every match.

Big E twiter is great. He actually made socks with a Sasha Banks photo at the airport picture:

He better wear these on Raw one day.
Fans going to airports to take pics kinda weirds me out. Asking at or after a show seems fine, but why would you want to go to these people when they've come off the plane? Brock Lesnar Guy seems to be the best/worst at this. At the same time it's funny to see the wrestlers just having that "fuck me" look on their face.

yNHVb16.jpg

Ol8TOHx.jpg

The fact he wears that shirt to most events too is hilarious, like it's his fan gimmick.

Cagey

Banned
Cagey, do you remember when wrestling gaf insisted that Dean Ambrose was an entertaining pro wrestler and deserved to be world champion?
It's identity, friend.

To wildly cheer Dean Ambrose despite a over a year's worth of terrible in-ring performance and chant "you can't wrestle" at Roman Reigns despite a year's stretch of straight fire matches in the main event, when fans claim wrestling matters most, shows that cheering and booing is about identifying yourself as a certain type of fan.

Fans use to cheer faces and boo heels. Fans then cheered favorites and booed disfavored. Now some fans cheer those who identify the fan as Smart and boo those who would reveal them as Marks without opinion even playing in!

Is wrestling gaf composed of just one user, or is it an arbitrary number of people that agree on the same topics so it can fit your hivemind argument?
Because whatever you're trying to prove, it is stupid.

I'm actually Bronson Lee and Falling Edge at the same time.

Ithil

It's identity, friend.

To wildly cheer Dean Ambrose despite a over a year's worth of terrible in-ring performance and chant "you can't wrestle" at Roman Reigns despite a year's stretch of straight fire matches in the main event, when fans claim wrestling matters most, shows that cheering and booing is about identifying yourself as a certain type of fan.

Fans use to cheer faces and boo heels. Fans then cheered favorites and booed disfavored. Now some fans cheer those who identify the fan as Smart and boo those who would reveal them as Marks without opinion even playing in!

There is a hilarious number of mental hoops being jumped through here to arrive at the conclusion of "Yeah, that's why they boo my favourite guy". I could have saved you loads of time by telling you "You're really mad that they boo Roman".

Top Bottom