• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not the first person here to bring up stro today, friend.

I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Crazy how strong of a personality he had to stay on everyone's tongue.

legitshook.com

No, that's just an old WrassfleGAF joke that gets brought up on occasion, in similar fashion to Ryback being dumb as fuck.

I remember that podcast. Good callback.

somedevil

I was reading Impact spoilers and this match came up:

Scoop #7: Bram over Rosemary by DQ, Bram wouldn't hit her, she hit him, Bram was going to slam her & Decay ran in

Was this a good idea for a match with what happened with Bram in the past?

Kaiterra

Banned
@MrJacobCohen
Scoop #14: Matt now says the match will happen in one week, it won't happen at the Impact Zone, the final battle will happen at their home

A TNA main event will literally happen in a backyard

BROTHA NERO

lol I feel bad for getting wrapped up in that other stuff and missing this. This is incredible.

I think the main hurdle, dream, is that many here will not admit that they're wrong.

We're all wrong sometimes, like that time I thought Bray Wyatt was going to do big thangs. We're also sometimes right, when I joined Chamber in early 2011 in saying that Tyler Black would be WWE World Heavyweight Titleman.

You can't just sit around, like, say, Ithil, proclaiming that Roman Reigns is a failure for two years running, and then some years later, proclaim that you were right all along. Sometimes you just have to "hold that L" so to speak.

So I think it's time for all of us to finally admit that the only proper thing to do at a wrestling show is to cheer, boo, and clap.

Thank you for your time.

I'll be the first to say there was a time I thought Ambrose was the bees knees. As he got sloppier and sloppier the love affair ended.

But I won't agree with anyone who complains that fans killed Reigns' chance at becoming champ at WM 31. Anyone who seriously thought he was ready after his garbage post shield run is just wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Matt Hardy has singlehandedly brought TNA eyeballs for a bit. Hope he doesn't burn out too quick. Bless his heart. He's amazing.
OFORlC7.gif

But I won't agree with anyone who complains that fans killed Reigns' chance at becoming champ at WM XXX. Anyone who seriously thought he was ready after his garbage post shield run is just wrong.

I didn't think he was ready, I wanted them to get it over with. Rip off the bandaid as quick as you can, and it won't hurt as much.

Instead you crippled ratings permanently, shortened Bryan's career for no reason, made Batista look like a joke before one of the greatest comic films ever made shot him into the stratosphere and he wound up not needing you ever again, and got the company spotlight on a guy who proceeded to get in a relationship with a Nazi, and then you helped shorten his career too (he's never getting those 6 months back and his ACL will always be at risk of a re-injury), also for no reason. All to delay the inevitable where The Guy got his dumb long title run/face of company spot anyway.

Pretty long, harmful, disgraceful turn of events for a bandaid! I said when the Bryan stuff happened "just do Reigns and get it over with", I said it during Seth, I said it during Ambrose. I wasn't the only one even on this forum saying pushing this off was a bad harmful idea. This isn't a thing you get to go "oh but hindsight" about.

If it gets to 3 years of you pushing stuff off because you didn't want to deal with it, it's your fault when you have to deal with it anyway. You could have saved those 3 years of pain. It's your fault you didn't. You pushed it off. You don't blame others when you don't pay a bill on time or didn't rip off a bandaid for a couple months because "you'd get right to it" or "I have a better idea".

Batista will never come back. Bryan will never come back. Seth's rep will never heal and he'll always be at risk of re-injury. Those ratings will never recover. It all could have been avoided. It's wrong to brush that off as nothing. Not accusing you or anyone else here of doing that, but to say this couldn't have been avoided, or couldn't have happened years ago and worked out better in at least one of those cases, is patently false and harmful, and that needs to be acknowledged.

Kaiterra

Banned
I didn't think he was ready, I wanted them to get it over with. Rip off the bandaid as quick as you can, and it won't hurt as much.

Instead you crippled ratings permanently, shortened Bryan's career for no reason, made Batista look like a joke before one of the greatest comic films ever made shot him into the stratosphere and he wound up not needing you ever again, and got the company spotlight on a guy who proceeded to get in a relationship with a Nazi, and then you helped shorten his career too (he's never getting those 6 months back and his ACL will always be at risk of a re-injury), also for no reason. All to delay the inevitable where The Guy got his dumb long title run/face of company spot anyway.

Pretty long, harmful, disgraceful turn of events for a bandaid! I said when the Bryan stuff happened "just do Reigns and get it over with", I said it during Seth, I said it during Ambrose. I wasn't the only one even on this forum saying pushing this off was a bad harmful idea. This isn't a thing you get to go "oh but hindsight" about.

If it gets to 3 years of you pushing stuff off because you didn't want to deal with it, it's your fault when you have to deal with it anyway. You could have saved those 3 years of pain. It's your fault you didn't. You pushed it off. You don't blame others when you don't pay a bill on time or didn't rip off a bandaid for a couple months because "you'd get right to it" or "I have a better idea".

Batista will never come back. Bryan will never come back. Seth's rep will never heal and he'll always be at risk of re-injury. Those ratings will never recover. It all could have been avoided. It's wrong to brush that off as nothing. Not accusing you or anyone else here of doing that, but to say this couldn't have been avoided, or couldn't have happened years ago and worked out better in at least one of those cases, is patently false and harmful, and that needs to be acknowledged.

I'm actually confused what the fuck WM XXX has to do with Reigns. Also Batista himself says going ahead with the original plan for that event would've been stupid so I don't know what you're getting at with him either

lol I feel bad for getting wrapped up in that other stuff and missing this. This is incredible.

Don't worry about it. Nero will pay

Who called TNA having backyard matches eventually? I know at least one person here absolutely said they'd have to do that stuff sooner or later

I was reading Impact spoilers and this match came up:

Was this a good idea for a match with what happened with Bram in the past?

90% chance they genuinely don't remember he was arrested for that.

Zach

Some posters here have long ago decided they enjoyed wallowing in their self-perceived superiority over other fans to an absurd degree. Basically the same dudes I remember sitting around in the IRC channel with who would spend every damn day just nonstop shitting on people here and thinking up new and more inane ways to troll them. I'm sure that's still a thing on Slack or whatever, what with the random interjections of banned member strobogo's opinions in the thread all the time.
You kind of lost me there at the end with your fancy internet speak, but yeah, I feel this. A couple of pop-in posters like to suck the fun out of the place with this strange wrestling elitist thing. And if you call them out on it, they deflect or try to undermine you with disingenuity or stupid terms clearly designed to annoy.

It's just, why?

Heel

I don't think it could have been avoided, nor do I think Roman Reigns should be blamed for the declining ratings of a dying artform, which, as discussed earlier, is increasingly catering to a subset of their increasingly niche audience. The real bandaid is finally relenting to the complaining faithful who watch and pay anyway, dooming professional wrestling to further obscurity.

And, in all honesty, Daniel Bryan shortened his own career for no reason other than to do headbutt spots for them.

Mizerman

Some posters here have long ago decided they enjoyed wallowing in their self-perceived superiority over other fans to an absurd degree. Basically the same dudes I remember sitting around in the IRC channel with who would spend every damn day just nonstop shitting on people here and thinking up new and more inane ways to troll them. I'm sure that's still a thing on Slack or whatever, what with the random interjections of banned member strobogo's opinions in the thread all the time.

So basically, some folk don't have anything else to do.

Chris Melendez is gone from TNA. Let's remember his good moments

Like the time Eric Young feuded over wanting his prosthetic leg

And the time Young choked Kurt Angle with said leg

Zach

What do you guys think about the Resident Evil 7 demo? I started playing it but was distracted by dog wanting to go outside and battle. He's chewing a stick now so tell me your thoughts. It seemed very interesting and different from, well, most Resident Evils I've played. I really need to try that remake of the original again, though...

Anyway, any of you guys play it?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What do you guys think about the Resident Evil 7 demo? I started playing it but was distracted by dog wanting to go outside and battle. He's chewing a stick now so tell me your thoughts. It seemed very interesting and different from, well, most Resident Evils I've played. I really need to try that remake of the original again, though...

its just a concept demo and not really a game.

Syder

What does the fuckin' finger do?!

It's alright but not going to be completely representative of the final game

Honestly even if it played like shit, I wouldn't care. It looks different, the trailer was legitimately perfect, and it's not going to be 6. I'm excited.

Between this, the end of the film series, and the remake of 2 happening, this is the most I've ever looked forward to the franchise, at least in a looooooong time.

Zach

its just a concept demo and not really a game.

What does the fuckin' finger do?!

It's alright but not going to be completely representative of the final game

Honestly even if it played like shit, I wouldn't care. It looks different, the trailer was legitimately perfect, and it's not going to be 6. I'm excited.

Between this, the end of the film series, and the remake of 2 happening, this is the most I've ever looked forward to the franchise, at least in a looooooong time.

I love the excitement. Even yours, Angry Grimace. I can sense it.

As long as they don't soil Clash of the Champions...

Just another reason to disdain Donald Trump: soiling pro wrestling's once-sterling reputation.

You kind of lost me there at the end with your fancy internet speak, but yeah, I feel this. A couple of pop-in posters like to suck the fun out of the place with this strange wrestling elitist thing. And if you call them out on it, they deflect or try to undermine you with disingenuity or stupid terms clearly designed to annoy.

It's just, why?

Join me in visiting wonderful wrestling from around the world and across time. Today alone I checked out a great Jeff Cobb vs. Adam Thornstowe from a California indy, Jimmy Rave vs. Kyle Matthews from a southern indy, Joe Lider vs. Extreme Tiger from a failed Japanese indy from 2005, the Malenkos vs. Steamboat and Koloff from Clash of the Champions XIX, last week's Lucha Underground, this week's NXT, and this week's Lucha Underground. There's too much good wrestling happening to legislate Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns again and again.

Next up in the Dean Malenko viewing project: Jushin Liger & El Samurai vs. Dean Malenko & Pegasus Kid from 1993.

Zach

Join me in visiting wonderful wrestling from around the world and across time. Today alone I checked out a great Jeff Cobb vs. Adam Thornstowe from a California indy, Jimmy Rave vs. Kyle Matthews from a southern indy, Joe Lider vs. Extreme Tiger from a failed Japanese indy from 2005, the Malenkos vs. Steamboat and Koloff from Clash of the Champions XIX, last week's Lucha Underground, this week's NXT, and this week's Lucha Underground. There's too much good wrestling happening to legislate Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns again and again.

Next up in the Dean Malenko viewing project: Jushin Liger & El Samurai vs. Dean Malenko & Pegasus Kid from 1993.
I would, but... I'm in 1999 right now.

: (

Zach

Eddie Guerrero notes from a random Nitro in 1999:

- Dude's on that juuuice.
- Gory Special 2000?? Whatever you say, Scott Hudson.
- That frogsplash is still the best thing. Just the best thing.

UberTag

I hope they can afford to book the venue.
That would actually be a hot ticket.
Imagine being able to go to Casa Hardy to watch the two brothers kill each other live and in person.
It would be TNA's first legit sellout outside of Europe in years.

I would, but... I'm in 1999 right now.

: (

1999, you say?

Commemorate the anniversary of Mitsuharu Misawa's death and check out his epic match from June 11, 1999 against Kenta Kobashi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZapUp1eBJY

Or maybe Vader vs. Kenta Kobashi from January 1999: http://www.veoh.com/watch/v251589f5DK8DZy/AJPW.

Break up your misery with classic wrestling goodness.

If puro isn't your thing, you have:
  • Silver King and Juventud Guerrera vs. Kaz Hayashi and Blitzkrieg from an October 1999 Thunder,
  • the Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit Owen Hart tribute match from October 4, 1999,
  • Psicosis vs. Blitzkrieg vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. from April 19, 1999 Nitro,
  • Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman from the March 15, 1999 Nitro,
  • Sting vs. DDP from the April 26 Nitro,
  • Booker T vs. Bret Hart from the February 22 Nitro,
  • Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera from a March Thunder, or
  • Billy Kidman vs. Psicosis from the March 1 Nitro.

It's painful if you're watching just the PPVs as you have been, but breaking it up with good stuff from the TV shows of the time might help.

Top Bottom