• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

So how do you guys think Cena vs Styles will go? I'm trying to be optimistic and I think AJ might get the win of the first match. Cena will probably win the overall feud though.

UberTag

So how do you guys think Cena vs Styles will go? I'm trying to be optimistic and I think AJ might get the win of the first match. Cena will probably win the overall feud though.
There's no probably about that.
The only question is whether AJ wins the first match or the second match and how clean the win will be (if any).

I think it's most likely AJ wins the first match seeing how it's coming off the lowest-rated RAW in eternity.
In a perfect world, AJ would get his token Cena win at Summerslam... but that's probably not likely.

Zach

1999, you say?

Commemorate the anniversary of Mitsuharu Misawa's death and check out his epic match from June 11, 1999 against Kenta Kobashi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZapUp1eBJY

Or maybe Vader vs. Kenta Kobashi from January 1999: http://www.veoh.com/watch/v251589f5DK8DZy/AJPW.

Break up your misery with classic wrestling goodness.

If puro isn't your thing, you have:
  • Silver King and Juventud Guerrera vs. Kaz Hayashi and Blitzkrieg from an October 1999 Thunder,
  • the Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit Owen Hart tribute match from October 4, 1999,
  • Psicosis vs. Blitzkrieg vs. Juventud Guerrera vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. from April 19, 1999 Nitro,
  • Rey Mysterio vs. Billy Kidman from the March 15, 1999 Nitro,
  • Sting vs. DDP from the April 26 Nitro,
  • Booker T vs. Bret Hart from the February 22 Nitro,
  • Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera from a March Thunder, or
  • Billy Kidman vs. Psicosis from the March 1 Nitro.

It's painful if you're watching just the PPVs as you have been, but breaking it up with good stuff from the TV shows of the time might help.
Oh, I've been watching Nitro (and parts of RAW), too. I'm in July '99 now. I may check out the suggested Japanese matches, though.

There's no probably about that.
The only question is whether AJ wins the first match or the second match and how clean the win will be (if any).
First win would be for the best, clean too (I'll take a dirty finish as long as Gallows and Anderson don't assist and it's something AJ does). Then again there's always the 0% chance of happening fantasy booking of a no-contest/DQ finish of Balor interfering.

cWXjfne.png

UdP3Dla.png

imBask

Banned
Austin Creed future endeavoured because of Greg Miller would be the biggest e3 swerve of all time

EDIT: I wrote Austin Walker, i'm a dumdum

Adree

I think the tattooed TM61 dude should get a solo push and leave the other one behind. Both of them need new entrance music and trunks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is Nash tearing a quad in that first powerbomb?

JambiBum

When was the last time that WWE did something outside of an arena? Like the Austin/Booker grocery store thing or going to someone's house or whatever. Feels like it's been forever since they did something like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have to admit wanting the NXT crowd to shut up a bit. Mostly I don't care about them, but damn they *never* shut the hell up.

Jamie OD

When was the last time that WWE did something outside of an arena? Like the Austin/Booker grocery store thing or going to someone's house or whatever. Feels like it's been forever since they did something like that.

Bo Dallas getting chased by security around Full Sail is the most recent I can think of. Surely Ambrose did something. There was the time he skipped Raw to visit Coney Island and before Mania he got a chainsaw from Terry Funk but I doubt that's what you're looking for.

klonere

Banned
One thing that has stuck with me from the NXT house show: So Finn loses to a rollup with a handful of tights. Joe rolls out and Finn immediately starts admonishing the referee, getting in his face, being quite threatening.

His heel body languages is 10x better than his face stuff. He has got to be a heel at some stage. Then again, a lot of kids with his merch doing his entrance so he may be face 4 lyfe.

One thing that has stuck with me from the NXT house show: So Finn loses to a rollup with a handful of tights. Joe rolls out and Finn immediately starts admonishing the referee, getting in his face, being quite threatening.

His heel body languages is 10x better than his face stuff. He has got to be a heel at some stage. Then again, a lot of kids with his merch doing his entrance so he may be face 4 lyfe.
If he joins The Club then he'll automatically get to show those heel chops.

Aiii

So not worth it
I totally get why people can't resist singing along with Nakamura's theme song. It's my alarm clock and I enter work every day whistling that song.

Best Theme Song Of All Time!

Shane and Stephanie held Linda down and struck her. Why don't they handle their problems off camera? No one wants to see their soft core days of our lives bullshit.

If he joins The Club then he'll automatically get to show those heel chops.

I hope his upcoming feud with Nakamura brings the change to heel, after losing he just goes ballistic and goes full on heel. He can start ripping into opponents verbally, complete disdain for crowd reaction or better yet angry contempt.

Top Bottom