• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Cagey

Banned
GHXz51Q.jpg
A very nice suit but rocking the Macy's 2-in-1 prepackaged shirt and tie combo is never a good look.

Heel

It's identity, friend.

To wildly cheer Dean Ambrose despite a over a year's worth of terrible in-ring performance and chant "you can't wrestle" at Roman Reigns despite a year's stretch of straight fire matches in the main event, when fans claim wrestling matters most, shows that cheering and booing is about identifying yourself as a certain type of fan.

Fans use to cheer faces and boo heels. Fans then cheered favorites and booed disfavored. Now some fans cheer those who identify the fan as Smart and boo those who would reveal them as Marks without opinion even playing in!

Roman Reigns: The "failed experiment" for two years running.

Gotta love it, uce.

Heel

Frankly the WWE ruined Ambrose.

I don't want to see him on my tv as he is anymore.

Have to disagree, Fox318. I distinctly remember these dudes trying to put me on to "Jon Moxley" and me describing him as "Brian Pillman lite." In retrospect, I was being generous.

Kaiterra

Banned
Frankly the WWE ruined Ambrose.

I don't want to see him on my tv as he is anymore.

Mostly agree. At the time of the Seth feud and even some month into the onset of his descent into the Deanoverse, he was still compelling, but it seems to me like, despite what he says in interviews, he stopped giving a fuck due to it and after a while it stopped feeling like he was putting in the same amount of effort. I very rarely watch anymore and when I do it's like "Hey there's Dean, OK" rather than "OH MAN YOU CRAZY MOTHERFUCKER GO GET IT" like it used to be.

dream

Seriously, anyone who didn't like Hulk vs Stinger 2011 doesn't understand the magic of professional wrestling.

Kaiterra

Banned
who has been doing this for a decade and has regressed. I don't think he cares enough to improve

Yeah it really comes across as a motivation issue rather than a skillset one. I mean his physique similarly degraded.

(It could also be a health issue we don't know about but that's a whole other level of speculation and excuse-making beyond what I'm already peddling here.)

Austin sees rvd as a threat to him, I think he's going to kick him to the curve but thats not smart.

And why does Steven Richards looks like the damn Fonz.

Ambrose is similar to Jericho for me. In that he's entertaining in the mic, but I don't give a flying fuck about his matches, which I generally tune out to. He was doing great after the Shield breakup, but then his booking took a nosedive, along with his giving-a-fuck in the ring.

The immediate post Sting/Trips match reactions were glorious, apparently Trips buried WCW for good that night....day? I mean it was still light out.

history is written by the winners friends.

Have to disagree, Fox318. I distinctly remember these dudes trying to put me on to "Jon Moxley" and me describing him as "Brian Pillman lite." In retrospect, I was being generous.

Shit, you were always anti-Ambrose? Maybe I was a bit harsh on you. My bad, friend.

Ambrose love is one of the biggest things WrassleGAF has been wrong about in the last few years and seeing it flop has been joy personified

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Not that far off.

Pillman was pretty trash too tbqh friend. Could you imagine if people on the internet were demanding he get the title over Austin?

somedevil

Shit, you were always anti-Ambrose? Maybe I was a bit harsh on you. My bad, friend.

Ambrose love is one of the biggest things WrassleGAF has been wrong about in the last few years and seeing it flop has been joy personified

Posts like this don't make any sense at all in trying to further conversation.

Cagey

Banned
who has been doing this for a decade and has regressed. I don't think he cares enough to improve

I thought Joe's best days were behind him when he signed on with NXT but look where we are now.

I have to be fair: the WrassleGAF community collectively came around to Ambrose being bad far sooner than live TV/PPV crowds have...because they still haven't.

I have to be fair: the WrassleGAF community collectively came around to Ambrose being bad far sooner than live TV/PPV crowds have...because they still haven't.

Some people can't be helped. And flatout if the crowds still have false hope after the Brock match, they can't be helped. Easier to move on from them at that point

Still reeling from that match honestly. On the worst booked show of the year, it still found a way to stand out as especially bad

somedevil

lol, I haven't and what makes this so called "WrassleGaf community" opinion better than peoples in a crowd?

It's not a conversation, it's just people getting trolled by the usual Gimmick Posters, friend. Interspersed with random no-context Bluekaveli posts, of course.

So your saying this just bloats this thread and makes it more annoying to read right?

Ithil

Some people can't be helped. And flatout if the crowds still have false hope after the Brock match, they can't be helped. Easier to move on from them at that point

Still reeling from that match honestly. On the worst booked show of the year, it still found a way to stand out as especially bad

So Ambrose is bad because he was booked to be squashed by Brock. That is interesting logic.

oh you can already see the next ones illusion shattering
17038176b65c86a40af741985eb8d8ee.jpg

dont worry guys i fully expect my boy sombra to flop

The Bayley flop is the one I dread, yet expect fully. My only hope is they do it real soon so the Divas Revolution chapter of Steph's book is even funnier immediately after release

Fox318

He could have been something and his program with HHH proved that he could be a top babyface the fans can accept. The shows were so much easier to watch.

He was so bad in that fucking cage match. Y2J may have lost a step but he was able to have watchable matches with fucking AJ and others.

Now hes just on TV so vince can feed wacky lines to JBL and incase Vince decides he wants to destroy a manikin again.

Heel

I can't look at any community that thought Dean Ambrose was going to win the Royal Rumble favorably or "ahead of the curve" on anything, Cagey. I just can't.

THEN everyone (sorry, I know it's not "everyone", but it was enough to notice) thought he'd beat both Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar at Fastlane, making him the headliner for WrestleMania. It was simply bizarre.

Top Bottom