• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is there any chance at all Nakamura somehow doesn't translate to the main roster? I sincerely doubt it, but maybe that's happened before.

Kaladin

Is there any chance at all Nakamura somehow doesn't translate to the main roster? I sincerely doubt it, but maybe that's happened before.

Nakamura is a special talent, a once in a lifetime talent. I see big things for him on the main roster.

I remember he was on Steve Austin's podcast a few years ago and he actually said he was learning Mandarin because he wanted to expand WWE to China

I remember that now....guess the lessons paid off.

Oh there's definitely something that'll keep him from translating well to the main roster...

image.png

Kaladin

Nakamura is being booked in NXT in the way that Lesnar should have been booked upon his return with weekly matches on Raw squashing all jabronis they throw at him.

Adree

The beginning of Raw? I didn't see it so is this what he's talking about?

Yeah, at the beginning of Raw they had a tribute to Orlando with everyone at the show on stage like they do (may it be the only time they have to do it for the rest of the year.) Del Rio was on stage then but in hour 3 when Owens was trying to get Del Rio thrown off the MITB match he said that Del Rio had only gotten there 20 minutes ago. This of course ruins kayfabe if one is unable to separate 10 seconds of the beginning of the episode from the rest of it. Meltzer's argument is that they should have either cut Del Rio from the opening or changed the plot reasoning for Kevin/Del Rio to have to team up, citing that HHH missed one of these tributes once when he was "injured." It's just so ridiculous.

Did Owens get even bigger??

Or is it his haircut?

The guy's neck looks bigger doesnt it? Not trying to fat shame, his head looks rounder

Yeah, at the beginning of Raw they had a tribute to Orlando with everyone at the show on stage like they do (may it be the only time they have to do it for the rest of the year.) Del Rio was on stage then but in hour 3 when Owens was trying to get Del Rio thrown off the MITB match he said that Del Rio had only gotten there 20 minutes ago. This of course ruins kayfabe if one is unable to separate 10 seconds of the beginning of the episode from the rest of it. Meltzer's argument is that they should have either cut Del Rio from the opening or changed the plot reasoning for Kevin/Del Rio to have to team up, citing that HHH missed one of these tributes once when he was "injured." It's just so ridiculous.
Holy cow, are they fucking stupid? Well they got served them papers Monday so fuck it and their non logic.
Rvd pointing out bad booking on this sd saying how Austin has always hated Vince then at Mania hes shaking his hand saying he loves him then joins the alliance hatibg him again lol.

Striker

Holy cow, are they fucking stupid? Well they got served them papers Monday so fuck it and their non logic.
Rvd pointing out bad booking on this sd saying how Austin has always hated Vince then at Mania hes shaking his hand saying he loves him then joins the alliance hatibg him again lol.
j8yTspZ.gif

They should've done more with RVD on the mic and not just the "whatever" and "dude".

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They're already making bank with him in NXT. They sold out Takeover Back to Brooklyn in minutes based on Nakamura vs Balor.

That match isn't gonna be on TakeOver lol. There's a very good reason why nobody ever once said "this match is happening at TakeOver." Because they never book PPVs 8 weeks out unless its WrestleMania, and even then they don't do that.

I'm pretty sure they're main eventing that with Samoa Joe v. Nakamura and Balor will be on SummerSlam itself. I don't think they'll ever even have Nakamura do the job on his way out. I'm guessing he wins the title and just leaves with it to hit SmackDown and they do something else for it with their Fall "Class" where they're supposedly (as Meltzer says) rebooting NXT's roster.

Kaladin

That match isn't gonna be on TakeOver lol. There's a very good reason why nobody ever once said "this match is happening at TakeOver." Because they never book PPVs 8 weeks out unless its WrestleMania, and even then they don't do that.

I'm pretty sure they're main eventing that with Samoa Joe v. Nakamura and Balor will be on SummerSlam itself. I don't think they'll ever even have Nakamura do the job on his way out. I'm guessing he wins the title and just leaves with it to hit SmackDown and they do something else for it with their Fall "Class" where they're supposedly (as Meltzer says) rebooting NXT's roster.

JSRRCij.jpg

So battlegrounds a triple threat between ko, Sami, and cesaro to determine the person who'll face miz for the title. Cesaro wins and beats Miz at ss. Sami and KO fight one more time at ss, Sami wins.

And what's dean's problem messing up Jericho's carpet?

So Cena speaks Mandarin....who knew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1RqxR872uw

and he can actually find a suit that fits.

Those pinstripes though.

BTW, this is why Cena was always going to be The Guy and somebody like CM Punk wasn't. Can you see Punk spending years to learn Mandarin to make Vince happy?

Gotchya. Think I did Misinterpret it. My bad, Angry Grimace.

I think Styles will win, but he might win by Heelish tendencies, so,y'know, the burial will continue.

A heel might win via heel actions. Damn the WWE!

BTW, this is why Cena was always going to be The Guy and somebody like CM Punk wasn't. Can you see Punk spending years to learn Mandarin to make Vince happy?

A heel might win via heel actions. Damn the WWE!

He's spent years learning something more important: to shoot.

Wait, never mind. Punk hasn't learned shit and will get knocked out or tapped out in the first round of his first fight.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got the big two matches for Summerslam 1998 left.

This is honestly one of the biggest WWF shows that's not a Wrestlemania. It's in MSG. The crowd is molten hot. Some of the acts have had musical acts doing their entrance. It takes place over two venues. Cole is in a Tuxedo. The last two matches are titanic clashes.

The biggest of big fight feels.

Angry Grimace

The term "big fight feel" is so carny; I don't know, its like kind of acknowledging that a) the fight isn't real, and b) the fake fight isn't big enough to feel big on its own without Cole explicitly using the word "big fight feel."

Top Bottom