• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

hey scooter

13414348_251064611939444_1828242405_n.jpg
zandig-is-angry-o.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Just watch MITB later. It's not like it makes any difference if you watch it live like NBC Sports is going to spoil whether AJ triumphed over John Cener.

I've got the big two matches for Summerslam 1998 left.

This is honestly one of the biggest WWF shows that's not a Wrestlemania. It's in MSG. The crowd is molten hot. Some of the acts have had musical acts doing their entrance. It takes place over two venues. Cole is in a Tuxedo. The last two matches are titanic clashes.

The biggest of big fight feels.
And the best match is...... D'LO V VAL VENIS!

Just watch MITB later. It's not like it makes any difference if you watch it live like NBC Sports is going to spoil whether AJ triumphed over John Cener.

I dunno. I'm really looking forward to celebrating Father's Day watching MITB. Going to be at least 3-4 great matches, and the briefcase always makes for entertaining uncertainty.

Barrage

I'm sure WWE's thinking "thank god we gotchya money."

I actually wish there was more data on how many people sign up to the Network the day of a PPV, and if there's any spike at all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If the WWE relied on ppvs they would get killed this Sunday.
Yup.

Meltzer brought it up on WOR. He said it means nothing whether people watch individual PPVs live other than WrestleMania because it makes no real difference in sub numbers whether they see it live or not.

The only real reason I watch live is posting on GAF during the event. I'm probably gonna miss MITB live.

I'm sure WWE's thinking "thank god we gotchya money."

I actually wish there was more data on how many people sign up to the Network the day of a PPV, and if there's any spike at all.
They aren't lying about retention rates though. If you like wrestling the Network is a pretty good deal. I don't know how many of you guys were watching the B-PPVs before the Network but it seems like it's way more these days. Hell, The only reason I came back to wrestling is that I can watch all of the events for reasonably cheap now.

Barrage

Yup.

Meltzer brought it up on WOR. He said it means nothing whether people watch individual PPVs live other than WrestleMania because it makes no real difference in sub numbers whether they see it live or not.

The only real reason I watch live is posting on GAF during the event. I'm probably gonna miss MITB live.

They aren't lying about retention rates though. If you like wrestling the Network is a pretty good deal. I don't know how many of you guys were watching the B-PPVs before the Network but it seems like it's way more these days. Hell, The only reason I came back to wrestling is that I can watch all of the events for reasonably cheap now.

Went from 0 dollars a year on WWE to 120+Merch.

Angry Grimace

It makes me laugh how AJ started up doing the Styles Clash, then switched to the calf crusher before settling on the springboard forearm as his big cool finisher. I think he cycled through those week by week on the fly.

The weird part about the Clash is that they never seem to have commentary sell it as anything big.

Adree

It makes me laugh how AJ started up doing the Styles Clash, then switched to the calf crusher before settling on the springboard forearm as his big cool finisher. I think he cycled through those week by week on the fly.

The weird part about the Clash is that they never seem to have commentary sell it as anything big.

Forearm looks way better than Styles Clash and is less likely to break your neck.

DMczaf

BTW, WWE was smart to book Money in the Bank in Las Vegas during the same weekend as EDC

MITB is still not sold out (not even close)

This dumb son of a bitch jeff hardy, has the match won yet he jumps off of the fucking cage and lands through the table. You fucking ruined you selfish bitch, you ruined it. Matt needs to gtfa from him.

One of these days a heel commentator is going to have to start criticizing Styles for "ripping off" the finisher of Michelle McCool.

Ironically I always thought McCool did the move pretty well.

BTW, WWE was smart to book Money in the Bank in Las Vegas during the same weekend as EDC

MITB is still not sold out (not even close)

Speaking of Las Vegas, I'm going there next month for EVO. That's right, DM. I'm coming to your home town. You better have eyes in the back of your head, because if you're not paying attention you might just get rolled up IRL...

Angry Grimace

I tried to talk my wife to going to MITB and going to Vegas and she gave me a bunch of shit. (We don't live that far from there)

RBH

Speaking of Las Vegas, I'm going there next month for EVO. That's right, DM. I'm coming to your home town. You better have eyes in the back of your head, because if you're not paying attention you might just get rolled up IRL...
You liar.

You're going to Las Vegas because you're going to be sitting in the front row to watch Jimmy King take on DDP for the WCW title at the MGM Grand!

wOJOAOg.png

Watched a SWS show last night with a shitty Ultimo Dragon match where Ultimo got exactly what was coming to him.

Firstly, he'd been getting increasingly grumpy because El Satanico was mistiming some stuff, so he shoot kicked him in the fucking jaw;

TSww6Te.gif

But then moments later, it was Satanico's job to catch Ultimo as he went for his patented Asai moonsault haha;

hHB1DtU.gif

klonere

Banned
Watched a SWS show last night with a shitty Ultimo Dragon match where Ultimo got exactly what was coming to him.

Firstly, he'd been getting increasingly grumpy because El Satanico was mistiming some stuff, so he shoot kicked him in the fucking jaw;

But then moments later, it was Satanico's job to catch Ultimo as he went for his patented Asai moonsault haha;

Is Ultimo known to be a grumpy dude? I've seen him murder someone on a random WCW show because they fucked up a spot.

In other news, if Kevin Owens got in neo Bray Wyatt shape, I'd put the strap on him right now, brother.

Is Ultimo known to be a grumpy dude? I've seen him murder someone on a random WCW show because they fucked up a spot.

Yeah, he's pretty notorious for losing his temper with anyone who makes him look bad - which is quite amusing, considering that Ultimo was occasionally quite the botch machine himself, even during his prime.

Top Bottom