• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Yeah, he's come out of retirement (although was still wrestling in weird places like Bolivia and Vietnam). Probably going to have to go to that show, never thought I'd get the chance to see Togo in person.

In other news, Vader went on another rant because Ospreay said in a promo "it's not Vader time, it's MY time" and so forth. Now he's challenged Will to a "shoot fight", lol.

Jerry Lawler got arrested for domestic assault.

http://wreg.com/2016/06/17/wrestler..._medium=social&utm_source=twitter_3onyourside

"MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis wrestling legend Jerry “The King” Lawler and his longtime girlfriend, Lauryn McBride are facing domestic assault charges.

The 66-year-old Lawler and the 27-year-old McBride were both booked into the Shelby County Jail around 1 a.m. Friday.

According to the affidavit, the two were involved in a violent confrontation at Lawler’s home on St. Nick Dr. in East Memphis.

McBride claims Lawler struck her in the head and pushed her against a stove while Lawler claims McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him and kicked him in the groin.

McBride also alleged that Lawler got an unloaded pistol, put it on the kitchen counter and told her to kill herself.

Lawler says McBride was intoxicated and claims McBride is the one who brought the pistol into the kitchen."

klonere

Banned
The 66-year-old Lawler and the 27-year-old McBride

ah

McBride claims Lawler struck her in the head and pushed her against a stove while Lawler claims McBride scratched him in the face, threw a candle at him and kicked him in the groin.

McBride also alleged that Lawler got an unloaded pistol, put it on the kitchen counter and told her to kill herself.

fucking hell

Fox318

If now isn't the time to get Mauro with Graves we know Vince has something against his look.

Explains why guys like Otunga and Saxton have commentary jobs when frankly none of their prior work is impressive.

It's a big weekend for wrestling:

SHINE 35, Friday, June 17, 2016, 9pm Eastern from Ybor City, Florida and on iPPV.

43-og.jpg

SHINE Championship vs. SHIMMER Championship vs. TNA Knockouts Championship Match - Whomever is pinned or submitted will lose their championship
SHINE Champion Taylor Made w/ April Hunter vs. SHIMMER Champion Madison Eagles vs. TNA Knockouts Champion Allysin Kay

SHINE Tag Team Championship Match: B.T.Y. (Marti Belle & Jayme Jameson) w/ April Hunter defend vs. Evie & Shazza McKenzie

Money In The Bank: Kellie Skater vs. Mia Yim vs. Santana vs. Nicole Matthews

Su Yung w/ April Hunter vs. Kay Lee Ray

Tessa Blanchard w/ April Hunter vs. Rachel Ellering

Kellyanne vs. Chelsea Green (from Tough Enough and Daniel Bryan's infidelity storyline)

Maria Maria & Luscious Latasha vs. Rhia O'Reilly & Viper

AAW Killers Among Us, Friday, June 17, 2016, 8pm Central from Merrionette Park, IL

Killer Kult (AAW Heavyweight Champion Sami Callihan & Dave Crist) vs. Outlaw Inc (Eddie Kingston & Homicide)

AAW Tag Team Championship Match: Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett (c) vs. The Hooligans (Devin & Mason Cutter with Bucky Collins)

Drago vs. Chris Hero

Zach Sabre Jr. vs. Johnny Gargano

Tommaso Ciampa vs. TBA (Open Challenge)

NJPW Dominion 2016, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 3am Eastern from Osaka and on NJPW World
13419227_996330077069968_1242941582750819845_n-440x264.jpg

IWGP Heavyweight Championship match: Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada

Ladder match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Kenny Omega (c) vs. Michael Elgin

NEVER Openweight Championship match: Yuji Nagata (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

IWGP Tag Team Championship match: Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) (c) vs. The Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship match: Kushida (c) vs. Will Ospreay

Four-way tag team elimination match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: Matt Sydal and Ricochet (c) vs. reDRagon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) vs. Roppongi Vice (Beretta and Rocky Romero) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson)

EVIL vs. Hirooki Goto

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japón (Bushi & Sanada)

Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi) vs. Captain New Japan, Togi Makabe and Yoshitatsu

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Manabu Nakanishi and Satoshi Kojima vs. Dojo Boys (David Finlay, Jay White and Juice Robinson)

PROGRESS Chapter 31: All Hail the New Puritans, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 2pm from Manchester
Scurll-Hero-480x240.jpg

PROGRESS Championship match: Marty Scurll (c) vs. Chris Hero

PROGRESS Tag Team Championship match: The London Riots (c) vs. The Dazzler Team

Big Damo O'Connor & Joe Coffey vs. Rampage Brown & Michael Dante

Dunne Bros. vs. FSU

Pollyanna vs. Dahlia Black

Damon Moser vs. Zack Gibson w/Nathan Cruz

Pastor William Eaver vs. Mikey Whiplash

WWE Money in the Bank 2016, Sunday, June 19, 2016, 8pm Eastern from Paradise, Nevada and on WWE Network

WWE World Heavyweight Title: Roman Reigns (c) vs. Seth Rollins

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose

John Cena vs. AJ Styles

WWE Tag Team Titles Fatal 4-Way: The New Day (c) vs. The Club vs. Enzo and Cass vs. The Vaudevillains

WWE U.S. Title: Rusev (c) vs. Titus O'Neil

Charlotte & Dana Brooke vs. Natalya & Becky Lynch

Apollo Crews vs. Sheamus

Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

Fox318

Naito says if he wins G1 as champion he wants to book the Tokyo Dome show haha.
What would be the most heelish thing he could do it he could choose is opponent?

Could be book himself against a 70 year old woman or pull and any Kaufman and just sit in the ring and read a book?

klonere

Banned
Naito says if he wins G1 as champion he wants to book the Tokyo Dome show haha.

I can see it now

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs Captain New Japan (Time limit draw)
EVIL vs Captain New Japan (Time limit draw)
SANADA vs Captain New Japan (Time limit draw)
BUSHI vs Captain New Japan (Time limit draw)
G.O.D (c) vs Toru Yano & Naomichi Marufuji

klonere

Banned
ClJfDmOUYAEpKI2.jpg:small

oh fug.

That means the card is

Shibata vs ZSJ
Damo vs Sydal
Scurll vs Bailey
Ospreay vs Dunne
Bodom vs Ishii

Moose is meant to be there as well, no match announced yet. Probably one of the most stacked indie cards you are going to see anywhere.

ClJfDmOUYAEpKI2.jpg:small

oh fug.

That means the card is

Shibata vs ZSJ
Damo vs Sydal
Scurll vs Bailey
Ospreay vs Dunne
Bodom vs Ishii

Moose is meant to be there as well, no match announced yet. Probably one of the most stacked indie cards you are going to see anywhere.
NGH

Bodum/Ishii is still a fucking WASTE of Ishii tho

Jamie OD

Jerry Lawler got arrested for domestic assault.

http://wreg.com/2016/06/17/wrestler..._medium=social&utm_source=twitter_3onyourside

"MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Memphis wrestling legend Jerry “The King” Lawler and his longtime girlfriend, Lauryn McBride are facing domestic assault charges.

The 66-year-old Lawler and the 27-year-old McBride were both booked into the Shelby County Jail around 1 a.m. Friday.

According to the affidavit, the two were involved in a violent confrontation at Lawler’s home on St. Nick Dr. in East Memphis.

Lawler says McBride was intoxicated and claims McBride is the one who brought the pistol into the kitchen."

WWE just suspended him.

http://www.wwe.com/article/jerry-lawler-suspended-arrested

Aiii

So not worth it
Graves is on the pre-show, right? I'm sure he has a bright future in WWE.

Not sure why anyone would think Vince doesn't like him.

Finally made my way through the chunk of Lapsed Fan having to deal it's OTE and Owen. It's a solid 2 hours, but I suggest everyone to listen to it. Hearing the bit about the rig and only needing SIX pounds of force to disengage just made my stomach turn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I need a chrome extension to change "both sides are bad" to something funny

Sorry dawg, I don't know how Ospready doesn't look bad here when Vader follow up his comments with the fact that he liked the match and thought the rest of it were good and they were talented but Ospreay went REEEEE and kept talking about it and did Vader Bombs after the fact

klonere

Banned
Sorry dawg, I don't know how Ospready doesn't look bad here when Vader follow up his comments with the fact that he liked the match and thought the rest of it were good and they were talented but Ospreay went REEEEE and kept talking about it and did Vader Bombs after the fact

uhhhh I don't think he ever said he liked the match, if anything he doubled down

I might have missed it though, I unfollowed Vader months ago when he was begging to be in the HoF

I mean Vader's the one mad on the internet saying FITE ME 4 REAL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
uhhhh I don't think he ever said he liked the match, if anything he doubled down

I might have missed it though, I unfollowed Vader months ago when he was begging to be in the HoF

@itsvadertime
Their moves r athletic, they both r great wrestlers when its done side by side as a routine something has say im trying to win

I'm on Sunny's side now though. It's definitely looking like a work going by recent tweets
boootaaay was used in an angle. gifs were finally an angle.

In the Jerry thread someone mentioned that Austin's thing with Debra was, paraphrasing, a mistake he paid his dues for.

I know there's a gag order on the whole thing but did Austin face any real ass charges over it all? Just curious. Thanks~

¡HarlequinPanic!;207459952 said:
In the Jerry thread someone mentioned that Austin's thing with Debra was, paraphrasing, a mistake he paid his dues for.

I know there's a gag order on the whole thing but did Austin face any real ass charges over it all? Just curious. Thanks~

Wiki says "On August 14, 2002, Austin was arrested and charged with domestic abuse. He pleaded no contest on November 25, 2002 and was given a year's probation, a $1,000 fine, and ordered to carry out 80 hours of community service"

I remember there was a period where Austin couldn't drink on screen, I assume that was related.

Top Bottom