• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Sephzilla

IF YOU ORDER RIGHT NOW I'LL THROWN IN A NOIRE WIDOWMAKER SKIN! THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, YOU COULD ONLY GET THESE FROM PREORDERING BUT I MANAGED TO DIG UP A FEW OF THESE MYSELF FROM THE WAREHOUSE

I was having an absolutely rotten day at work, but #DonWestThursday has cheered me right back up. Thank you friends, sincerely.
You have a friend in Beef.

Good point, remember who Hurricane's best tag team partner was? it was Kane.
So much so he won a tag team ladder match without even needing the Hamburglar Helms who was probably off shoving chicken mcnuggets up his ass

Just another reason why the Beef-Owl Connection will never die.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Btw if you all thought the ratings for Raw were bad, holy shit tonight it's going to be even worse for SD. I'm predicting sub 1.0, some tna shit.

It's not gonna go below 1.0. People just watch it by habit. But Meltzer straight-up said they don't mean anything since they're lame-duck.

WWE Money in the Bank 2016 |OT| Fuck You WWE got your money

WWE Money in the Bank 2016 |OT| Hey, it's full of shredded newspaper!

WWE Money in the Bank 2016 |OT| Ratings in the Tank
I like that last one.

222771.gif

I try to make sure people talk about Kane everyday. I actually decided The Lapsed Fan was thw worst podcast ever because they spent ten minutes talking about Kane being shitty. Luckily I don't twitter or I'd send them some dirty emails disrespecting Kane. l
This almost upsets me as much as that BS Observer awards stuff that put Kane in some variety of "worst" category for like a decade, lousy haters.

The power of June has been consumed by BROTHER NERO

This actually makes some sense.

Kaiterra

Banned
Oh the masks aren't even going to be a standard part of the Authors of Pain's entrance gear? Ehhhhhh

I like their knee/spinout slam thing. Then again I love all tag moves that aren't totally ridiculous, and even most of the ones that are.

Hey Tye Dillinger can do a decent promo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh the masks aren't even going to be a standard part of the Authors of Pain's entrance gear? Ehhhhhh

I like their knee/spinout slam thing. Then again I love all tag moves that aren't totally ridiculous, and even most of the ones that are.

Hey Tye Dillinger can do a decent promo.

Honestly if I had to pick between the masks and Ellering, I'd pick the masks. The reason they don't have the masks is that they probably thought it was a little too Road Warriors to give them silly entrance-gear.

Heel

1990 DONRUSS

Factory set.

1991 FLEER

Factory set.

1991 TOPPS TRADED SERIES 1

Factory set.

1991 TOPPS TRADED SERIES 2

Factory set.

(Carefully balances boxes of cards on top of each other, some occasionally falling)

1987 TOPPS CELLO PACKS. THESE STILL HAVE THE GUM IN THERE!

(Dealer on the phone: *laughs* ...and I just want to be clear, I wouldn't recommend chewing that, folks.)

That's over 28,000 cards, gang. You do the math.

And once they're gone....they are gone.

oL6dOi0.jpg

It's not gonna go below 1.0. People just watch it by habit. But Meltzer straight-up said they don't mean anything since they're lame-duck.
We'll see, I wouldn't be surprised if most people(other than kids) just go cold turkey ubtil the split.
I like that last one.

222771.gif

This almost upsets me as much as that BS Observer awards stuff that put Kane in some variety of "worst" category for like a decade, lousy haters.

This actually makes some sense.
I bet Katie Vick under one of those "worst" things. THAT'S NOT HIS FAULT!

Imagine if Kane debuted without a mask or lost it within even a year.
....... He wouldve been doa. I was listening to something and they said if Glen couldn't get over with Kane they were going to get rid of him after Mania 14. So good guy Glen made it work 😀

Kurita

I'd say The Rock & Ken Shamrock on That 70's Show.
tumblr_llqfajyUHN1qis6pso1_500.jpg

tumblr_llqglqRgpd1qis6pso1_1280.jpg
I watched that episode like two days ago

That 70s Show is one of the greatest shows ever made. I'm rewatching it on Netflix, forgot how clever and well-crafted it was.
Last season sucks though cause Eric isn't there.

Kaiterra

Banned
Carmella's finisher being a Get Smart reference is weird. I even had to look that up and I watched a ton of that show as a kid. Does anyone even still remember that movie with Steve Carrell and that one big dude enough to get it?

Adree

Jeez Meltzer still has to whine about the Del Rio being out at the start of the show for the tribute thing in his correction segment on the latest Observer audio. I hope he doesn't turn it into a recurring cry like Wade Kellar does when he brings up Cena saying "I hope we entertained you."

Barrage

One of those things doesn't happen

I mean...if you can't even imagine a scenario where the show could make you happy...Maybe that's not all on them..

Maybe what you're looking for has become too narrow...

A lot of fans have this relationship with the WWE that's like a bad marriage. Good years followed by shitty years,and now the well's so tainted,their wife could make them breakfast in bed and they'd think "great, now i gotta do the fucking dishes."

"Honey, I was thinking we could try 69ing tonight."

"Oh great, 50/50 booking."

Anth0ny

listened to the over the edge 99 lapsed fan last night.

fucking hell that chapter from martha's book going through the entire night in excruciating detail... christ. hard to listen to.

Kurita

LTTP on that post but fuck it
Fave Five TV Sitcoms -- go!
1. Parks and Recreation
2. Always Sunny in Philadelphia
3. Seinfeld/Curb Your Enthusiasm (for me Curb is like a Seinfeld spin-off about George)
4. That 70s Show
5. Friends

Angry Grimace

I mean...if you can't even imagine a scenario where the show could make you happy...Maybe that's not all on them..

Maybe what you're looking for has become too narrow...

A lot of fans have this relationship with the WWE that's like a bad marriage. Good years followed by shitty years,and now the well's so tainted,their wife could make them breakfast in bed and they'd think "great, now i gotta do the fucking dishes."

"Honey, I was thinking we could try 69ing tonight."

"Oh great, 50/50 booking."

You could have saved a lot of space by saying "Typical IWC!" if you were planning to just generally complain that "wrestling fans" (whoever that is) aren't satisfied by anything (and thus you can just dismiss any gripe they have).

I don't think its unreasonable to think that it would be nice if something unpredictable happened instead of every PPV being exactly what you would expect outside of the 3 big ones.

lol Blue. Stay thirsty friend.

Blue watching Willow footage while listening to Dookie Booty

https://youtu.be/1L07etEvVPY
Always checking for a nice ass, it's my game. Next up, my neighbour I just met. 😰😰

My theme should be ass man.

Jeez Meltzer still has to whine about the Del Rio being out at the start of the show for the tribute thing in his correction segment on the latest Observer audio. I hope he doesn't turn it into a recurring cry like Wade Kellar does when he brings up Cena saying "I hope we entertained you."
The beginning of Raw? I didn't see it so is this what he's talking about?
listened to the over the edge 99 lapsed fan last night.

fucking hell that chapter from martha's book going through the entire night in excruciating detail... christ. hard to listen to.
Listening to that podcast at 2 am in the morning is enough to make you not want to go to bed man. Knowing that she took the same route that he did to the catwalk is disturbing and makes you feel for her even more.

1. Parks and Recreation
2. Always Sunny in Philadelphia
3. Seinfeld/Curb Your Enthusiasm (for me Curb is like a Seinfeld spin-off about George)
4. That 70s Show
5. Friends

Kurita, that's a good idea. I think I'll join you if you don't mind.

In no order:

Home Improvement
Friends
King of the Hill
That 70s Show
Fresh Prince

Barrage

You could have saved a lot of space by saying "Typical IWC!" if you were planning to just generally complain that "wrestling fans" (whoever that is) aren't satisfied by anything (and thus you can just dismiss any gripe they have).

I don't think its unreasonable to think that it would be nice if something unpredictable happened instead of every PPV being exactly what you would expect outside of the 3 big ones.

So, what would you enjoy then? Is there anything they could possibly do to please you? I'm honestly asking.

Kaiterra

Banned
So, what would you enjoy then? Is there anything they could possibly do to please you? I'm honestly asking.

I'm pretty sure he answered that before your follow-up reply, or are the bounds of the question restricted to "what would you enjoy if you can't change any booking?" (Actually a pretty interesting question to be fair)

And Tanya Roberts

That's the real comparison you want to make. Damn.

I'm pretty sure he answered that before your follow-up reply, or are the bounds of the question restricted to "what would you enjoy if you can't change any booking?" (Actually a pretty interesting question to be fair)

I'd say expectations can be lowered, but honestly even the lowest of expectations can't prepare for shit like that Mania.

I've never seen something so openly cynical and spiteful. I'd have been impressed if it didn't also come with the soulcrushingness that was "it all occurring over the span of 7 hours".

Barrage

His answer was that the WWE never makes him happy.

I mean, either way, although answering your question is probably more interesting since A) What's done is done, the card is booked, and B) if no possible winner or outcome can please you, it's time to question why you discuss it.

His answer was that the WWE never makes him happy.

You mis-interpreted his post.

It's too bad that its pretty much guaranteed that nothing interesting is gonna happen at MITB.

They're hyping it up on the card alone so Ambrose is getting the case, Cena's going over, Roman's going over, and Ambrose will just tease a cash-in without actually doing anything and that's it. Despite all the "BEST MITB EVER" I don't even remember anything on the card.
What would make you happy? What could they do that you would find interesting?
One of those things doesn't happen

It's clear that what he meant was "If one of the events I described in my previous post doesn't happen, then I'd be happy/interested."

Barrage

Gotchya. Think I did Misinterpret it. My bad, Angry Grimace.

I think Styles will win, but he might win by Heelish tendencies, so,y'know, the burial will continue.

Angry Grimace

Gotchya. Think I did Misinterpret it. My bad, Angry Grimace.

I think Styles will win, but he might win by Heelish tendencies, so,y'know, the burial will continue.
I'm not saying every booking decision I like should happen but I'm saying if you never pull the trigger on giving fans what they want and never surprise them it makes these events stale.

It isn't good if I can accurately guess what happens in every match or when I can't it's random things like AJ losing to Jericho and then somehow catapulting to top guy after losing.

Menome

Forgot to do my sitcoms:

U.K.

Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace
The Young Ones
The I.T. Crowd

U.S.

Seinfeld
Frasier
Police Squad!