• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

One of these days, I need to see the WWNLive shows from China because the crowd reactions sound incredible for a market that Meltzer has described as "primitive."

I can't wait to see Ho Ho Lun in the Cruiserweight Classic.

One of these days, I need to see the WWNLive shows from China because the crowd reactions sound incredible for a market that Meltzer has described as "primitive."

They're great because they knew nothing about wrestling. One day had a count out finish and they bought each near count out after.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Sounds great to me.

Johnny Kidd vs Mike Quackenbush was fucking awesome, lads. 38 years Kidd's been doing this and he's still as smooth as butter;

FpuID0u.gif

Quack's no slouch himself, however;

yvsZ2El.gif

Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrestling!

sOAWloY.gif

So good;

AK1sBGY.gif

Ventura is probably #2 in my book. Heenan is the GOAT.

Though I think people are sleeping on Heyman's work when he did color commentary
Heenan is probably the greatest manager and colour commentator. I say probably because of the late great Freddie. You know who's underrated? The grand wizard! He might be 2 or 3 imo.

Sephzilla

I love that Heenan spent years slamming Hulk Hogan and nobody believed him when he said Hogan was a crazy egomaniac, aside from maybe Macho Man. And then Heenan was finally proven right.

#LongestSlowBurnInHistory

Kaladin

I love that Heenan spent years slamming Hulk Hogan and nobody believed him when he said Hogan was a crazy egomaniac, aside from maybe Macho Man. And then Heenan was finally proven right.

#LongestSlowBurnInHistory

They didn't even believe him as Hogan was walking the isle. It took the leg drop heard round the world to open their eyes.

I fucking the love the Yakuza series for it's integration of MMA and Wrestling moves into the fights.

The way Kiryu defeats Kanda using a surfboard submission is so great.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not only are they letting Lesnar fight at UFC 200, but apparently he's going to use his WWE entrance music.

Sephzilla

Gary Hart is the best manager
200.gif

Yep. It's such a little thing, but I loved that he was always looking to get advice to his man. So many managers just stand there and shout generic comments, Gary watched the match like a hawk and would conspiratorially whisper instructions as if he'd just made some important strategic discovery.

Sephzilla

Since Lesnar came up - I'll just mention that I personally think Lesnar and Samoa Joe have the two most fitting entrants themes in WWE right now

Zach

Nah, Heenan lived and died on commentary based on his chemistry with the other commentator(s). It's why his WWF commentary is so great but his WCW stuff is so bleh.

He just hated life at that time because Bischoff and Schiavone were penises and didn't understand his schtick. Even then, he still had moments of greatness.

I'm considering grooming my dog myself, so naturally I'm reading up on it a bit and this picture is killing me:

Since Lesnar came up - I'll just mention that I personally think Lesnar and Samoa Joe have the two most fitting entrants themes in WWE right now
And the only two credible guys in American wrestling too. Wrestlemania match between those two would be one for many ages. But we'll never..... EVER get it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Hart is the best manager
200.gif

He is. He made his charges a big deal, too. You knew he was capable of ANYTHING but rarely did something. It wasn't played out. He favored mind games. Best manager.

Heroman

Banned
Yeah Punks commentary run when he was recovering from injury was entertaining as fuck.

Dude, I would legit mark the fuck out if Heyman does his advocate shit for Lesnar in UFC

Imagine Heyman taking the mic from Buffer and saying" Introducing my client.. THE CONQUEROR. THE 1 IN 23 AND 1..THE BEAST INCARNATEEE.. BRRROOOCCKK LESSSNARRRR."

Tom Nook

He just hated life at that time because Bischoff and Schiavone were penises and didn't understand his schtick. Even then, he still had moments of greatness.

I'm considering grooming my dog myself, so naturally I'm reading up on it a bit and this picture is killing me:

That dog has seen some shit.
JfCYnrV.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I always thought it was funny that every member of the Shield got a fucking terrible butt-rock theme despite the entire fucking show revolving around the Shield as soon as they broke up.

But everyone else since then has gotten a pretty good one. I mean, other than the Styles Club.

Top Bottom