• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Summerslam 1998 is most likely the biggest non Wrestlemania show out there. What an event. It's not the best show ever, but man was the crowd hot the entire time.

Zach

What is WrassleGAF's favorite board game?

Shoots and Ladders
NH9gE7v.gif

I like you guys.

bjork

That "gamers over 35" thread on gaming side has shown me that there's a lot of old fuckers on here. I'm not alone in my grandpa-ness

Zach

That "gamers over 35" thread on gaming side has shown me that there's a lot of old fuckers on here. I'm not alone in my grandpa-ness

How old are you again, bjork? What was the first video game system you owned? First wrestling memory?

Sephzilla

I'd be up for another second Avatar Rumble in a year however I'd say wait until sometime between SummerSlam and Survivor Series to do it again.

Anth0ny

Summerslam 1998 is most likely the biggest non Wrestlemania show out there. What an event. It's not the best show ever, but man was the crowd hot the entire time.

WWF was red fucking hot at the time. Absolutely huge thanks to Austin. Pretty sure that Summerslam had the highest ppv buyrate for a summerslam... by a wide margin.

MC Safety

Serafitia was a work. Use that as your compass.

You still on about your fake girlfriend and her spiritual depantsing?

Get over it, man. We've all fallen for a guy who pretended to be a girl on the Internet by stealing pictures of a Swedish woman and her cat.

Recall

I kind of wish SummerSlam got treated more like a WrestleMania-tier event with a unique set and more build up.

Summerslam has always been treated as the number 2 show of the year and it is having 4 hours again this year.

2001 and 2002 are years where they made it feel ultra special too.

Sephzilla

All PPVs need better sets. The old ones were great, and made them feel more than just a re-branded Raw.

I think it's fucking mind boggling that PPV sets these days actually get worse sets than Raw & Smackdown because PPVs don't even get the stage and ramp.

bjork

You still on about your fake girlfriend and her spiritual depantsing?

Get over it, man. We've all fallen for a guy who pretended to be a girl on the Internet by stealing pictures of a Swedish woman and her cat.

Just using it as a frame of reference for your wrassle term conundrum. :)

How old are you again, bjork? What was the first video game system you owned? First wrestling memory?

I'll be 39 in a couple months. First system I owned was a Commodore 64, but I owned a couple games on my dad's 2600... the first of which was E.T, heh.

First wrassle memory was a match that I swore was Duggan v. Abdullah, but I can't find any record of it ever happening. A fat dude with a fork fighting a guy with a 2x4, so idk. That was probably 84 or so?

Just using it as a frame of reference for your wrassle term conundrum. :)

I'll be 39 in a couple months. First system I owned was a Commodore 64, but I owned a couple games on my dad's 2600... the first of which was E.T, heh.

First wrassle memory was a match that I swore was Duggan v. Abdullah, but I can't find any record of it ever happening. A fat dude with a fork fighting a guy with a 2x4, so idk. That was probably 84 or so?
Have you started using just for men yet? I know that long Kevin Nash hair is starting to go grey.

I would never. I also won't hang on to a combover when it starts falling out. I'm not that into my own appearance.
I believe you walk into your job, flick your hair back, then you hold your arm up and await for fireworks to come out of the floor. All with a bedazzled black glove!

Zach

Daaang. I was born in '84. :D

lcIFjci.png

Oh my gah, D. West is losing his mind...

bjork

I believe you walk into your job, flick your hair back, then you hold your arm up and await for fireworks to come out of the floor. All with a bedazzled black glove!

Tied back before I ever get there. Some days I put it up, depending on how unruly it's being. Gonna cut it sometime soon, though. It's almost time to donate.

Daaang. I was born in '84. :D

Wikipedia says the 2600 came out on Sept 11, 1977. I beat it to market by three days.

Kaladin

Show me the way to go home
I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago
And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam
On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

bjork

Did anybody actually play Mouse Trap? Or did they just set it up and then set off all the traps?

That was what I did. When someone said "let's play Mouse Trap" for the first time and they weren't pulling out an Atari 2600, I was like "what is this nonsense" but then I saw the diver guy flip into the tub and I was SOLD

bjork

Damn.

We old, fam.

I like that I'm as old as videogames, basically. It's been interesting to see it go from such simple stuff to what we have now. But it's hard not to get all sour when people bitch about load times and you know they never loaded a game off a cassette tape, or they hate on voice acting when I lost my mind over how Berzerk talked, etc.

Zach

I always got roped into playing super nerdy board games with all kinds of little figures with axes and maces and crap. My brother read, like, DragonLance (?) books when we were kids, so I had to roll with the punches sometimes.

I mean, it was usually fun enough, but rarely did we play my favorites, like LIFE or Monopoly or Yahtzee.

It was a hard life in suburban Broken Arrow, OK.

Rewatching Dragonball - surprised ar lot of the humour, General Blue as a closeted gay man, Master Roshi is a huge pervert, also Goku routinely kills his enemies in DB, although in DBZ he almost never kills.

Top Bottom