• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

God damn go out of your way to track down Hero vs. Sabre from Evolve 60. This is the best in-ring rivalry in wrestling right now, and these matches are showcases of Hero as a character. I wrote a bunch about the psychology of Hero's character in that write-up, and I'm surprised at how much of it comes through in the things that he does in the match.

Damn, I'm fired up from that match.

RBH

cut.jpeg

Scroll down and watch the clips from this BJW match

https://twitter.com/Original_Bonski

SHHHOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

I told everyone Hideki Suzuki is the best

I checked out this match (Hideki Suzuki & Yoshihisa Uto vs. Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuji Okabayashi), and I want Nakanoue vs. Suzuki immediately. I don't care if this was a work or a shoot; this was great and intense violence. I know Suzuki's dicking around in IGF, but he dropped the Wrestle-1 championship back to Sato not too long ago, and he would be an incredible addition to the Big Japan hoss roster.

The best part is that Nakanoue is the most obvious match from this tag, but you could go Suzuki vs. Okabayashi and even Suzuki vs. Uto from it too.

Look at this bullshit!

This is a must-see match. The whole thing is maybe ten minutes long; the match itself is less than five minutes.

bjork

So I was just randomly looking up youtube videos about quicksand and I found out that there's a ton of fetish videos of scantily clad women dying in quicksand. Like this is enough of a fetish for people to make money on.

Am I late in finding out about this because its weird as fuck.

Odette Delacroix makes over $100k/yr with videos of gigantically obese women sitting on her. There's a market for all kinds of weird shit out there.

Cut a bunch of people, then realize you need them. Vince you better be lucky if Ryback even LOOKS at the phone after how you treated him.

Sandow...well can he even pay his phone bill?

Adree

Cut a bunch of people, then realize you need them. Vince you better be lucky if Ryback even LOOKS at the phone after how you treated him.

Sandow...well can he even pay his phone bill?

They got plenty of muscley dudes at the performance center that can be the next Ryback. It's not like those two would have suddenly be in the title picture during the split, they'd still be pre-show or superstars guys.

bjork

Earlier today, I had fresh watermelon. As I sit here, I am not at work because my insides have decided to rebel against actual produce. Ugh, friends. Ugh.

Jamie OD

Does Hall still actually wrestle? Like, getting in his old attire and doing all his old moves? Fallaway slam etc

No he can't do much physically nowadays. What happened was Chuck got knocked out after winning the belt and Hall won a Rock Paper Scissors game to pin him.

[According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Big Damo, Noam Dar, Moose and Tommy End are all expected to be part of the September class at the WWE Performance Center if they pass their medicals. WWE is getting aggressive in looking to sign more talent, due to the upcoming brand split and the feeling that so many of the NXT performers are going to be moved up soon. Right now they want experienced wrestlers who they can use on tours as opposed getting athletes and teach them to be pro wrestlers from scratch.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Damo would be either a Wyatt(with rumours of Luke being split from the group) or he'll be fed to everyone's favourite Guy, Roman. Ffs.
Why are you worried about Roman going over a dude who isn't in the company

During a recent edition of The Steve Austin Show, Austin shared a story about The Undertaker when Austin was first getting into the wrestling business. Below are some highlights:
Austin on agreeing to ride with Mark Calaway: “I was the guy who was just new to Tennessee. I’d just driven in. I was working babyface and I was trying to find someone to ride with. I was talking with The Undertaker. I guess he was The Punisher. I don’t know what [ring name] he was working with down there in Tennessee. And so, we were going to ride together, but since he was heel and I was baby, we had to kayfabe, so we didn’t ride together. And I knew we had a six-man tag that night, me and Dutch [Mantel] and somebody else against him and Soultaker and somebody else and I said, ‘alright, dude, I’ll see you tonight.’ I told him to watch out, [and said] ‘I might end up stretching you out there’. You know, just words to that effect and I was just kidding. I actually have a pretty good sense of humor.”

Austin on how Undertaker then stretched him during their match: “Well, Mark is a man’s man and if you know anything about the WWE, he’s the king of the locker room. He’s the go-to guy in the WWE. It has been that way forever. And I didn’t know his sense of humor. He didn’t know me from Adam. And, of course, all of a sudden, there’s a time for me and Undertaker or The Punisher to lock up in that match and because I just got out of [professional] wrestling school, I only know a little bit of chain wrestling. I know how to take a bump and he puts a couple of damn sugar holds on me and I’m just kind of laying there. It was Evansville, Indiana. No, it was a Tuesday. It was in Louisville, Kentucky. And there I was in the middle of the ring for about a minute and a half. He proceeded to put two or three holds that he had learned in Japan and he was a big MMA fan way back in the day, so I’m in there laying in the middle of the ring, getting twisted up like a pretzel. And all of a sudden, he decided enough was enough.”

Austin on how Undertaker made his point: “Now, he wasn’t hurting me, but he was just stretching me and letting me know what time it was. And so, I tagged out and someone else goes in the ring and Dusty [Rhodes] looks over at me in the corner right there by the ring post and he goes, ‘what was that all about?’ and I just shook my head. I didn’t know at the time. I said, ‘hell, I don’t know.’ But hell, I had insulted him on the phone by telling him that I was going to stretch him. This punk kid from Dallas, Texas with long blonde hair, two months in the [professional wrestling] business and I was going to stretch him. And he didn’t take a liking to that, so I quickly learned from that point on. I didn’t call him Mr. Punisher, but I learned a lesson that night that would stick with me forever.”

Top Bottom