• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

With all these betrayals there is only one way for Becky to go.

sting-2-1426400534.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Someone was like "finally they got the belt off of Roman, I was getting so tired of that!"

Roman had the belt for 77 days. I mean, I guess it felt longer, but he defended it twice before losing it.

Someone was like "finally they got the belt off of Roman, I was getting so tired of that!"

Roman had the belt for 77 days. I mean, I guess it felt longer, but he defended it twice before losing it.
Real talk, Roman's pretty much had the belt since Seth lost it. We all knew what was coming.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Real talk, Roman's pretty much had the belt since Seth lost it. We all knew what was coming.
His title defense record not counting house shows is pretty fucking bad.

I remember when Roman won the title on Raw and he got cheered and everyone was like "did they get Roman over?" but I always had a sneaking suspicion that people just mark out for title changes on Raw as opposed to a PPV.

Angry Grimace

Roman can't beat Seth (though he totally has before)

And thank fuck Roman finally lost. Clean. For once.
You'll know Vince reached peak bullshit mode if this gets reversed on Raw.

I mean, someone always wins the championship, but only a handful of guys have thrown a perfect game. Rollins has the perfect game; a clean win over Roman means more than the title anyways.

klonere

Banned
ClYOfqYUoAE-o33.jpg:small

g'wan ya savage Becky

In other news, Battleground main event, triple threat, double pin on Dean necessitating two world titles, wrap it up.

Angry Grimace

ClYOfqYUoAE-o33.jpg:small

g'wan ya savage Becky

In other news, Battleground main event, triple threat, double pin on Dean necessitating two world titles, wrap it up.
I want a random match to be interrupted by Owens and Zayn coming through the arena fighting without any explanation given.

klonere

Banned
Nice little match between Haskins and Callihan from some British indie that I have never heard of but seems to be a relatively big deal. Nice production if you can ignore the absolutely nauseating camera cuts. As expected they beat the ever loving shit out of each other.

https://youtu.be/lCbtNtcCeT4?t=1440

Nice little match between Haskins and Callihan from some British indie that I have never heard of but seems to be a relatively big deal. Nice production if you can ignore the absolutely nauseating camera cuts. As expected they beat the ever loving shit out of each other.

https://youtu.be/lCbtNtcCeT4?t=1440

It's an Alex Shane joint that was on the local public access equivalent until a couple weeks ago they got on WhatCulture's YT and Fight Network. Honestly don't know much about them other than Nathan Cruz is the top face, and anything Alex Shane runs should be approached with caution. I'll give this a watch though

Nice Ambrose will get a run but he isnt holding that belt for longer then Summerslam.

He probably should have gotten it years ago before creative totally wasted away any character he had but "probably should have done it years ago" is WWE's MO.

Also Roman will beat Flair's title record in 5 years at this rate

Toki767

Nice Ambrose will get a run but he isnt holding that belt for longer then Summerslam.

He probably should have gotten it years ago before creative totally wasted away any character he had but "probably should have done it years ago" is WWE's MO.

Also Roman will beat Flair's title record in 5 years at this rate

Wouldn't be surprised if he lost it on Raw to be honest.

Also with the brand split coming up, the title record is about to become meaningless.

klonere

Banned
It's an Alex Shane joint that was on the local public access equivalent until a couple weeks ago they got on WhatCulture's YT and Fight Network. Honestly don't know much about them other than Nathan Cruz is the top face, and anything Alex Shane runs should be approached with caution. I'll give this a watch though

FN picked it up?!? Jesus, that seems random as hell. It's weird to see heel Haskins and face Cruz, its basically like PROGRESS bizarro land. Especially Cruz, he's been heel since the latter day Garage shows.

They seem to book some solid names so I'll keep an eye out as well but the production, commentary and storyline setup seems a bit suspect to me so far.

It's an Alex Shane joint that was on the local public access equivalent until a couple weeks ago they got on WhatCulture's YT and Fight Network. Honestly don't know much about them other than Nathan Cruz is the top face, and anything Alex Shane runs should be approached with caution.

It's not a bad show and NGW have always had a good roster, but it's good to see they're spending a bit on production now - it's still a pretty mixed crowd of smark types and families, which makes for some dumb fan reactions at times. Commentary's pretty shit though, I'm assuming one of the commentator's is Alex Shane as he can't bear to not be on air in some capacity.

FN picked it up?!? Jesus, that seems random as hell. It's weird to see heel Haskins and face Cruz, its basically like PROGRESS bizarro land. Especially Cruz, he's been heel since the latter day Garage shows.

Zack Gibson is a face as well. And Rampage is a heel. Truly bizarro-PROGRESS.

13442152_1172203602842373_9196344521731470594_n.jpg

Next PROGRESS Manchester show will have Tommy End, Zack Sabre and Will Ospreay all returning. Pulling out all the stops (crossing my fingers for Ospreay in London next week, need a Ballroom homecoming to go along with that Rev Pro one)

klonere

Banned
It's not a bad show and NGW have always had a good roster, but it's good to see they're spending a bit on production now - it's still a pretty mixed crowd of smark types and families, which makes for some dumb fan reactions at times. Commentary's pretty shit though, I'm assuming one of the commentator's is Alex Shane as he can't bear to not be on air in some capacity.

Zack Gibson is a face as well. And Rampage is a heel. Truly bizarro-PROGRESS.

In early 2013, NGW Champion Rampage Brown had a storyline falling-out with management, resulting in him no longer being recognised as the titleholder, despite still being in possession of the belt.[11] As a new champion was crowned in his absence, the company ended up having two champions when Rampage made his return several months later and aligned himself with NGW owner Richie West's faction The Control.

Ah. It's one of THOSE promotions.

Zack Gibson as a face is just plain wrong. Can't these millions of Brit promotions come together and keep it consistent? Some sort of national alliance of wrestling or something.

Money in the bank was fun

Dean was over as FUCK the entire night.

So was AJ and Seth

The entire arena booed every time Roman appeared on the titantron

Worst title reign since Diesel

Tonight was the greatest night of Dean Ambrose's life.

For Roman Reigns, it's just Sunday.

Didn't get a chance to watch the full matches but fast forward through the results last night. Got excited as fuck when Seth won, got even more hyped for ambrose. I assume the mitb ladder match should be watched for the spots (I saw that driver Sami did on Owens, Jesus fuck), anything else?

Adree

Didn't get a chance to watch the full matches but fast forward through the results last night. Got excited as fuck when Seth won, got even more hyped for ambrose. I assume the mitb ladder match should be watched for the spots (I saw that driver Sami did on Owens, Jesus fuck), anything else?

You can watch Del Rio slowly die inside trying to setup his half of the horizontal ladder that suddenly Cesaro will also duplicate on the other side for no reason at all so they can all proceed to do a bunch of spots on it.

Just watched MITB.

Cena vs Styles - great that Styles got the win but they just had to make it a shitty finish didn't they, first gyd ref bump and the AA with Styles down long enough for the three, so an AJ win is already undermined. Then on top of that AJ didn't even finish Cena, how long before AJ embraces The Club or tells them to go fuck themselves. This was a great match marred by a terrible ending.

Roman vs Rollins - finally Reigns loses and asides from another ref bump to keep Roman looking strong the finish of this match was pretty clean, no interference or weapon usage. Ambrose cashed in and finished off a worn out Rollins, interested to see where this goes now that a third party is involved in the Reigns vs Rollins title feud, we'll probably get a triple threat match at Battleground for the strap.

Top Bottom