• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

I'd say that all authority figures should be clear to bump but NXT works fine without people threatening Regal.

One of the things that made the heel Authority figure work in the first place with Austin was you never thought he would get his hands on him and it was always the thing that was built for the biggest moments.
With Sting, the cool thing is that he could do vignettes from his remote location making decisions . He'd be fine to not get involved just like Regal.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I backed my first thing ever on Kickstarter yesterday, it was for this party that this Podcast / Group of Podcasters hosts the night before BlizzCon. I've attended before, they do a good job so I figured I'd float them some money.

Sephzilla

PQIt66P.jpg

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!

I... would be okay with this

Fox318

Fave Gaf storylines out of 2016

• Erik Rowan threatened to kick out of the Peoples Elbow at mania 32 and shoot on the Rock
  • Becky Lynch's storyline is to set her up as Crow Sting
  • Randy Orton purposely injured himself taking out the trash so he can get stoned all day and talk to people on twiiter about guys in the back
  • HHH booked Roman to not be over so HHH could feel like a face champion for the first time ever.

Ithil

I like how we're now so far into retcon that Rollins was not on his way to become the longest reigning WWE champ ahead of Reigns and Reigns only got a run because Seth got injured.

Wasn't Seth like two weeks from losing the title to Reigns at Survivor Series when he got injured?

Fox318

Injuries really fucked up the Reigns push as much as the WWE not wanting to roll with Bryan at 31.

I really wonder if Reigns was in the Ziggler role at Survior Series 2014 what would have happened.

People didn't hate him as a singles at Summerslam 2014.

Kaladin

• Erik Rowan threatened to kick out of the Peoples Elbow at mania 32 and shoot on the Rock
  • Randy Orton purposely injured himself taking out the trash so he can get stoned all day and talk to people on twiiter about guys in the back
  • HHH booked Roman to not be over so HHH could feel like a face champion for the first time ever.

Remember that time a WrassleGaf storyline became reality when AJ had a thing with Punk, Bryan and Kane.

i3eLl.gif

Imagine Becky doing this to Charlotte but with an over-extravagant orange wig on her head and big-ass goggles to cover most of her face.
My favourite tna moment, I think it was the summer of 06 or something but basically Christian was going to the back and a fan kept touching him and christian was pushing him off then the fan was revealed as Jarrett lol! We replayed that moment in the vcr so many times.

Ithil

[*]Randy Orton purposely injured himself taking out the trash so he can get stoned all day and talk to people on twiiter about guys in the back

Never forget when roles reversed on Orton and the can kicked him.

Toki767

Injuries really fucked up the Reigns push as much as the WWE not wanting to roll with Bryan at 31.

I really wonder if Reigns was in the Ziggler role at Survior Series 2014 what would have happened.

People didn't hate him as a singles at Summerslam 2014.

You know when people really started hating on him? During those injury updates.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how during the cash-in match Mike Chioda is still selling a back injury from the ref bump

rrc1594

This one is the best.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Erick Rowan shooting on the Rock (and accompanying fake twitter post from Meltzer) made me laugh for a while, so that one wins.

Fox318

You know when people really started hating on him? During those injury updates.

probably.

Frankly they would have been better off having him win the rumble in a surprise.

Have Reigns do a media appearance in LA (Rumble was in Philly) and tell nobody but Roman and 1 other talent (Say Rusev or Bray) that Roman is winning. Then have Roman fly back and shock win the rumble keeping the info secret from all but say 5-6 people.

Its like Vince was afraid that people would forget about Roman so they had him do some of the dumbest scripted interview shit during PPVs that only Vince would enjoy.

I think that as down as myself and a lot of you guys are on Dean, that he sort of makes sense with the belt right now, because he gets cheered and he's meant to. There aren't many guys up at the top doing that right now (obviously AJ was doing that, but I'm not sure that AJ is best used doing that).

But yeah, this works. We have an ex Shield members feud with a heel, a tweener and a face. I think this has good potential. Shield goings on tend to be pretty well booked.

It was important that Seth won last night, because losing would have dumped him right down the card. The ref bump is something you can take or leave, as JBL isn't wrong to point out that maybe Seth didn't kick out because he didn't hear the ref counting. Either way, a dubious win is the exact sort of win a heel like Seth thrives on.

Blah blah blah JR he should wrestle a certain way because he's a heel blah blah blah.

DISAGREE.

Short term it does feel like a waste of the briefcase (since I love having Mr MITB always in the back of your mind until he cashes in), but long term I think it's good for the meaning and history of the briefcase to have someone doing this as part of it's history.

KO as Mr MITB would have been months of awesome TV, but at the same time... does he need it to get over? He will be fine without it. Maybe next year though.

Personally I loved Styles vs Cena and the story it told. It needed a more convincing distraction for the run in, but all in all this feud is just getting started and what I saw in the ring last night has me excited for it to continue.

That beat down by Nattie was great. I wish she always put that much energy into her work. Hopefully she keeps it up.

Mahonay

Banned
The Titantron interviews while he was injured was the exact point I turned on Reigns as a character. So fucking bad.

It took 2 years until this point where I find him acceptable now.

rrc1594

Bayley is the one who is really overrated. Her matches without Sasha is nyquil

Edit- Seth run was straight garbage facts. Worse title run in years

Zach

Sasha, Charlotte, NXT, and Rollins are all consistently entertaining from what I've seen.

And Bayley is still the best. The best!

Toki767

Rollins was the "worst champion in decades" for a while. Like 90% of posts about him were to shit on his title run. Dark days

They weren't shitting on him though. They were shitting on his booking. As champion, he lost like 13 consecutive matches in a row or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't think of anyone I've turned on recently. I mean Ambrose went from 'eh' to 'wow he's fucking terrible' but that's not a turn.

Ricochet to Puma to Ricochet I guess. Because I found the Puma character super duper boring.

Mahonay

Banned
They weren't shitting on him though. They were shitting on his booking. As champion, he lost like 13 consecutive matches in a row or something.
Nope. Clearly Rollins wasn't up to snuff. Should have shot on the bookers and started kicking out of finishes he was supposed to lose on. Go Bagwell on their asses. Because that worked.

Top Bottom