• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

tumblr_myja7kKYIW1t74x6vo1_r1_500.gif

Sneak peek of Becky's new gimmick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want to go tinfoil hat here

do you think Ospreay lost because corporate found out Ospreay was talking all that shit about revered NJPW legend Vader as some sort of 'humble him' deal? I remember Kushida reportedly jobbing out for so long because he injured Ibushi.
One thing I can hope we all agree on is that Alexa is great. The fact that Dana got called up before her is a damn travesty.

Dana's great. I don't see how Alexa is any better.

I feel like the steampunk look has been slowly going down. It kind of reached peaked steampunk at Wm, but that's to be expected.

I still think Bayley has a bigger uphill battle on the main roster than some think. I'm going to throw Finn and Nakamura into that too. Not for their (finn/nak) lack of wrestling skill, just the way the main roster works versus NXT.

I'm all like:

1. Asuka
2. Sasha
3. Becky
4. Bayley
5. Alexa
6. Charlotte
7. Dana
8. Emma
9. Natalya

My swaps for your list

imBask

Banned
i'd be ok with a paranoid Becky gimmick, thinking everyone is against her and seeing her decent into madness

and then she turns out to be sister Abigail

The nine women I listed are all solid to great. You people should be drinking this up, but instead everyone's yelling.

Dana's great. I don't see how Alexa is any better.

I don't think Dana is that good, honestly. Her character work is okay (hasn't been great on the main roster) and her in-ring work is mediocre at best. The advantage Alexa has is that her athleticism hides the rough edges on her ring work. They are both improving to a degree, but Alexa's strides look and seem better because she can do stuff the other women can't.

XenoRaven

I try not to presume to know too much about strangers on the internet, but I have this distinct feeling that since the Bellas are out, Aiii needs a woman to irrationally hate and that Becky won the draw.

klonere

Banned
Is there a bingo space for arguing about Becky.

She's over fam and the only reason people had any reason to be interested in last nights tag, then got a standing ovation after leaving the ring, then cut an emotional, heartfelt promo.

Stay hatin'.

Another thing I like about Alexa compared to most is the way she carries herself. Dana feels like she wants to believe she's the best. Alexa just acts like she is.

It's a tough thing to explain or even justify, so I understand it not being felt by everyone, but it's just the feeling I get watching them both.

It probably made sense on paper before Emma got hurt like....the same week

Has there been any word on how long Emma's expected to be out?

The recovery time on the injury she had is typically about 9-12 months, IIRC.

I don't think Dana is that good, honestly. Her character work is okay (hasn't been great on the main roster) and her in-ring work is mediocre at best. The advantage Alexa has is that her athleticism hides the rough edges on her ring work. They are both improving to a degree, but Alexa's strides look and seem better because she can do stuff the other women can't.

Dana continues to improve. Not that Alexa doesn't, but Dana doesn't seem like she's struggling in front of the larger audiences on the grander stage. I'm completely comfortable with her learning on the job as it were. She was pretty great in her role last night I thought. I laughed pretty heartily when she was arguing with the ref near the end and then started yelling at him to go count the pinfall.

imBask

Banned
Is there a bingo space for arguing about Becky.

She's over fam and the only reason people had any reason to be interested in last nights tag, then got a standing ovation after leaving the ring, then cut an emotional, heartfelt promo.

Stay hatin'.

people were clapping because Nattie finally left the ring after one of the worst performance of all time

Zach

They both clean up nicely, whether or not it's your preferred style. But Corey Graves is a solid color guy, whereas that other dude is straight-up atrocious at calling wrestling.

Like, it's the worst thing I've ever heard. I'll take JBL over that guy. Or anyone else. I'm trying to think of someone in that dude's league of badness, but nothin'.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oppositely, Alexa comes off as playing a character. Especially with those ~le wacky~ facial expressions. Dana comes off AS who she is. That she's not playing a character. That's just who she is.
They both clean up nicely, whether or not it's your preferred style. But Corey Graves is a solid color guy, whereas that other dude is straight-up atrocious at calling wrestling.

Like, it's the worst thing I've ever heard. I'll take JBL over that guy. Or anyone else. I'm trying to think of someone in that dude's league of badness, but nothin'.

He's probably better on commentary, but he still reminds me of Matthews. From the 'suit with tattoos nobodys done that before!' to the shill attitude to coming off like terrible people, Matthews with his 'faggot' tweet and general scum shill corporate champion to Graves #GiveDivasAChance 'devils advocate' shit

Aiii

So not worth it
I try not to presume to know too much about strangers on the internet, but I have this distinct feeling that since the Bellas are out, Aiii needs a woman to irrationally hate and that Becky won the draw.

Petty comment to make. I also hate some male wrestlers. This narrative that I hate women is only there to serve your ad hominem needs. So kindly sod off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Josh Matthews also just has a terribly unpleasant voice.

Graves isn't as bad as him. But he still reminds me of him a lot.

It's funny that we joke about Don West and how much shit he got when he was active, but you look at him compared to the modern crop of commentary and the dude was Godly.

Sephzilla

So, guys who watched Money in the Bank: what grade would you give it?

Solid C.

Most of the matches were honestly kind of mediocre and boring. The 4 way tag match was surprisingly sloppy. The Roman/Rollins match was a blah uninteresting match until the final 5 minutes. Cena/Styles and the Ladder Match were the only two standouts.

God damn. Hell, you can't even blame Vince on this one.

At least NXT pulled the plug on this gimmick pretty much immediately. Vince would have dragged it out for a few months.

God damn. Hell, you can't even blame Vince on this one.

The only saving grace is that the immediately realized it wouldn't work and changed it at the next taping. Vince would have convinced himself it was the way to go for months before even considering changing course.

Of course the idea that it ever happened to begin with is bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, guys who watched Money in the Bank: what grade would you give it?

C-

Crews/Sheamus, Ziggler/Corbin, and the four way tag were all just pfffrrrgh.

Main event and MITB match were great, and Cena/Styles was faaaaan fucking tastic

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Look, even if you hate Becky now, compared to what they tried giving her in the first place she should be the top of all your lists just for the mercy of the transformation.

MiserableImpishBandicoot.gif

I don't know what's funnier, Becky being forced to do a Leprechaun gimmick, or Sasha Banks and Charlotte doing Riverdance in the background.

C-

Crews/Sheamus, Ziggler/Corbin, and the four way tag were all just pfffrrrgh.

Main event and MITB match were great, and Cena/Styles was faaaaan fucking tastic

I think that's pretty harsh given that most events live and die off of the top of the card, but I won't disagree that everything on the card felt like filler that was on the card for no reason. I like the idea that you can overrun by any amount of time to make it less obvious that a swerve or cash-in is coming, but there was no reason whatsoever for that to run 20 minutes over. Just cut Corbin and Ziggler from the card.

Zach

Sounds about what you'd expect -- Styles/Cena and the ladder match being the standouts. I plan to watch more tonight.

AColdDay

i'd be ok with a paranoid Becky gimmick, thinking everyone is against her and seeing her decent into madness

and then she turns out to be sister Abigail

I think Becky would kill it as a member of the Wyatt Family. I can imagine her delivering spooky promos with her accent and it sounds great in my head.

Top Bottom