• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

UberTag

What happened to Matt?

I am not entirely hating that look. Its super dumb but ITS SUPER DUMB.
I liked the look back when I thought he was going to be portraying himself as a Mad Max villain.
I think that's what he's going for... but instead he comes off as Tommy Wiseau trying to portray a Mad Max villain.

Starting to agree more and more with the group that says we deserve what we get. Can't look at those ratings and conclude anything else.

Shittier it gets, the more yall watch. And I can't even disagree or say it's only one portion of everybody because it is actually every one of us, look at the Hardys segment

We're in a dark age, friends. And we have only ourselves to blame...

UberTag

Starting to agree more and more with the group that says we deserve what we get. Can't look at those ratings and conclude anything else.

Shittier it gets, the more yall watch. And I can't even disagree or say it's only one portion of everybody because it is actually every one of us, look at the Hardys segment

We're in a dark age, friends. And we have only ourselves to blame...
Not paying for the Network would be a good place to start. But yep, if we pay for garbage, we deserve to get fed garbage.

So guys, is DoR2 the best wrestling game on GC? Or is XIX better?

DoR2 is the better game but XIX still has its place for those revenge mode stages in multiplayer (Docks cage scaffold>>>Hell in a Cell), ridiculous CAW gear (why yes, lets add this flowing water stream to my wrassler's crotch, also he's a Bear) and a pretty nice roster.

Overall they are pretty similar, DoR2 is basically the third take on XIX's formula so it's more refined from a gameplay standpoint though I will say that its new submission gimmick which allows two opportunities to counter submission moves sucks for guys like Angle and Benoit.
On the other hand, fatal four way last man standing match is one of the local MP classics.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
billionth time, wealth of non wwe, if you watch wwe and complain about how awful it always is, gtfo

It's true
1464754167112hvs3a.gif

DoR2 rules, I can't remember anything about 19

Only even great game we've had in like a decade was SVR 06, and next year I won't even be able to say that 😞

Seems that some of wrasslegaf is sleeping on WM19, there's something special about belly to belly suplexing your opponent into the path of a passing car as a requirement for elimination.

But yeah to reiterate DoR2 is better.

Only even great game we've had in like a decade was SVR 06, and next year I won't even be able to say that 😞
Oh gosh...
you're right, soon it's going to have been a decade since the last truly decent WWE game.
But hey we can preorder the next one now and get Goldberg! in 2016!

And before someone says All Stars, it was close but needed refinement in a sequel that never came.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrestle Kingdom 2 is DoR2's engine with a better roster
ME0000824518_2.jpg

seriously, WK2's roster is insane

WWEAllStarsCoverArt.png

Seems that some of wrasslegaf is sleeping on WM19, there's something special about belly to belly suplexing your opponent into the path of a passing car as a requirement for elimination.

Oh gosh...
you're right, soon it's going to have been a decade since the last truly decent WWE game.

And before someone says All Stars, it was close but needed refinement in a sequel that never came.
Wtf is up with this low overall Kane?

I just remembered that the roster on this game was shorter than 2006.

ME0000824518_2.jpg

WWEAllStarsCoverArt.png
Thanks for reminding me. I can finally play WK2.

Zach

ME0000824518_2.jpg

250px-Wrestlekingdom2box.jpg

Sweet cover. Why can't we get a new, awesome PS4 Japanese wrassle game released digitally Yakuza-style or something?

Or do they not make Japanese wrassle games anymore since Japanese console gaming is apparently dead?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is this? What console? Should I import this yesterday?

It's on PS2. If you like DoR then you definitely should
1278097-pic12.jpg

gfs_83241_2_7_mid.jpg

gfs_83241_2_22.jpg

1278090-pic03.jpg

250px-Wrestlekingdom2box.jpg

Sweet cover. Why can't we get a new, awesome PS4 Japanese wrassle game released digitally Yakuza-style or something?

Or do they not make Japanese wrassle games anymore since Japanese console gaming is apparently dead?

The most dirtsheet of rumors on some boards I check out said NJPW is working on something 'not mobile' but it was the most vaguest rumor so who knows

Menome

As someone who watch doesn't NXT , is the drifter good?

Best heel in the business. Natural heat-grabber from the crowd and a mean elbow-drop.

LtoPblC.jpg

He's a solid if currently unremarkable performer, but really needs to have his guitar smashed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Best heel in the business. Natural heat-grabber from the crowd and a mean elbow-drop.

LtoPblC.jpg

He's a solid if currently unremarkable performer, but really needs to have his guitar smashed.

Didn't someone get really hurt from a guitar smash? I think it was Jake the Snake from Honky Tonk Man?

Oh, ICW and Mark Dallas' Twitter accounts have started following Challenge TV (Who broadcast Impact in the UK), hopefully it's a sign a deal has been reached.

Ithil

Oh gosh...

Nothing since has ever quite captured the feel of WWE like hurling an innocent dock worker off a crane to his death because Vince fired you did.

It's on PS2. If you like DoR then you definitely should
1278097-pic12.jpg

gfs_83241_2_7_mid.jpg

gfs_83241_2_22.jpg

1278090-pic03.jpg

The most dirtsheet of rumors on some boards I check out said NJPW is working on something 'not mobile' but it was the most vaguest rumor so who knows
Damn, anyway to play this without getting a ps2 that plays games from the region and importing the disk? Is it on jpn psn?

Watching Sekimoto vs. Miyahara and Hero vs. Sabre today when I know NXT is tonight was a bad idea. I need to give some space between those matches and NXT.

Just heard Hero compared to a combination of Buddy Rose and Stan Hansen, which is an appropriate comparison for the current King of the Indies.

Top Bottom