• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

This is a good read, but nothing really what ground breaking. Basically boils down to wins/losses don't matter at the main event level (despite what people say) and matter way more in the mid-card. Choice quote:

The problem is that wins matter very much once you get to the midcard, but not as a mystical signifier of backstage esteem. They matter because, for wrestlers outside the promotion's mega-narratives, there's no storytelling going on besides that told by the raw numbers. When there's no story to a feud, wins take place in a vacuum, and pushes become matters of career life or death. Witness the now departed Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett, who had their input rejected and were left to fight for wins in an imaginary sport just to stay on television. Or, say, the sad spectacle of once white hot Dolph Ziggler, now stuck in a perpetual feud with new call-up Baron Corbin, with no story attached to it other than these guys dislike each other for ill-defined reasons. Ziggler will almost certainly bolt sooner than later; he's been given nothing to work with for three years, leaving us with nothing but the steady drip of his regular losses for us to figure out if he's worth investing in.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/what-wwe-needs-most-is-more-stories

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ziggler and Inafune have a lot in common, really if you think about it. Originally hyped up solely to counter 'the man' and what his idea of what and who should be focused on. Later learning that they were a complete nobody hack that relied entirely on the previous success of others and regretting any previous postings you had made in support of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It must be eating Vince up inside that Zayn is super over and the two dudes he hand-picked with Crews and Corbin are dead.

somedevil

It must be eating Vince up inside that Zayn is super over and the two dudes he hand-picked with Crews and Corbin are dead.

Crews is above Corbin. He actually got the crowd interested in his match with Sheamus when did all his athletic moves.

He just needs to find his personality to get to the next level.

Also, didn't Vince and Linda back Christie during the primaries? Though talking about politics never go well these days.

Ziggler and Inafune have a lot in common, really if you think about it. Originally hyped up solely to counter 'the man' and what his idea of what and who should be focused on. Later learning that they were a complete nobody hack that relied entirely on the previous success of others and regretting any previous postings you had made in support of them.

No lies detected.

Battleground will be the end of the Owens - Zayn storyline, before one of them gets drafted

I want them to be drafted to separate shows only to see them showing up on each other's show just to beat the shit out of each other, forcing someone to make a trade. That would really build the feud.

Cagey

Banned
Crews is somehow the Perfect Example of a Vince Project (all look; no character) and the Perfect Example of an Indie Darling (all movez; no character) at the same time.

I still have faith.

Crews is somehow the Perfect Example of a Vince Project (all look; no character) and the Perfect Example of an Indie Darling (all movez; no character) at the same time.

I still have faith.

He just needs the right feud to shine or I stand by my earlier suggestion of have him do some tag team stuff for a while so he can build his persona. If they partner him with the right person and his lack of charisma/mic skills is less of an issue. Plus if one them turns heel down the road you've got a ready made feud.

Sephzilla

I think Crews will be fine. The dude clearly needs a lot of work yet, but he's not getting a through-the-moon push so he won't get Roman'd by the fans

Crews is above Corbin. He actually got the crowd interested in his match with Sheamus when did all his athletic moves.

He just needs to find his personality to get to the next level.

Also, didn't Vince and Linda back Christie during the primaries? Though talking about politics never go well these days.

Crews is above corbin because of that fire of a theme. How do you not get hyped when you hear that?

I noticed during Raw that corbin has a thinning hair line so I wonder how long his long slick hair look is going to go on for

Zach

I was half-watching Crews vs.Sheamus for a minute this morning/last night/whatever and I was thinking "man, these dudes look impressive, they're pretty good in the ring, they just have no charisma to speak of..."

Crews still has time to figure it out, though.

somedevil

Crews is above corbin because of that fire of a theme. How do you not get hyped when you hear that?

I noticed during Raw that corbin has a thinning hair line so I wonder how long his long slick hair look is going to go on for

Also, doesn't help Corbin has a meme going with his stomach. This one won a free year subscription of MLW.

MJ3KGIF.gif

Top Bottom