• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Stay strong, uce.
fBkXrrG.png

klonere

Banned
I re-watched SSS16.

I don't think Tommy End is a good singles wrestler. In fact, he might actually be bad.

Data was right again.

Oh shit I missed this. Why'd it suck?
It just happened. No big dramatic return, randomly we got a promo after a clip tease then the theme kicked in and they came out sans Harper who's still injured. I thought they might come back at MitB and now I'm thinking if they were going to return 24 hours later why the hell didn't they do it? They seem to be back to heels now, despite the fact it seems the audience wants them face and they were faces before the injury.

Then they brought the New Day out. Which really wasn't the best thing to do for their first appearance in a while if they want to push them as the bad guys.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
yeah, but "wyatts randomly attack some guy" isn't that compelling either.

Heel

Drawful 2 is out today and includes support to create your own clues to draw for custom games, and thousands of players.

You guys down for a community stream of Drawful 2: Pro Wrasslin' Edition sometime this week?

TprPPCYl.jpg

Kurita

I have something to confess.
The way Anderson says "Man, I'm sorry" is one my favorite wrestling moments
His voice and the delivery are perfect

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I bet you guys would feel really bad if it turned out he was abusing hard drugs to cope with the fans booing him.

Good thing he came back heel

It just happened. No big dramatic return, randomly we got a promo after a clip tease then the theme kicked in and they came out sans Harper who's still injured. I thought they might come back at MitB and now I'm thinking if they were going to return 24 hours later why the hell didn't they do it? They seem to be back to heels now, despite the fact it seems the audience wants them face and they were faces before the injury.

Then they brought the New Day out. Which really wasn't the best thing to do for their first appearance in a while if they want to push them as the bad guys.

welp

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Drawful 2 is out today and includes support to create your own clues to draw for custom games, and thousands of players.

You guys down for a community stream of Drawful 2: Pro Wrasslin' Edition sometime this week?

TprPPCYl.jpg
Yes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As soon as they saw Roman can't take the fan reactions, (this is real life!) they should have pulled the plug on him. Ain't no way they should be putting the entire company behind a guy that addresses, that draws attention, to the fact that he gets booed as the babyface.

Big Show he ain't
big_show_suck_it.gif

Angry Grimace

I'd feel moderately bad that the guy sucked so bad at choosing a profession that suited him, I suppose.

Damn, dude. He's fine at wrestling, he just sucks at being a white meat babyface.

Although if I learned anything from reading Jericho's book, its that dude protects the shit out of his character.

klonere

Banned
klonere, nooooooooooooooooooo

Sorry friend :(

He's got a cool look and cool strikes and that's it. The Hero match actually annoyed me 1000x more on the rewatch. How can you have a bad match with Hero?

However LIVERPOOL'S NUMBER 1 was in excellent form, Sami's heel shtick was great..in fact nearly every else except perhaps Moser had a good to great showing. Still a very enjoyable tournament, the highs weren't as high as last year but it was more consistent and there is no compelling story around it like Ospreay this year.

Except you know, if Haskins drank more water.

rrc1594

Damn, dude. He's fine at wrestling, he just sucks at being a white meat babyface.

Although if I learned anything from reading Jericho's book, its that dude protects the shit out of his character.

This. Man some Gaffers have high ass standards, Roman to me is better then huge chuck of people in the WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All I remember about Tommy End in BOLA was that he had a marketable look and he was probably the least memorable one at that event of the European bunch. Especially compared to Mandrews and McInyre(who greatly benefited from working with Speedball)

but you know, that's the way I felt about Devitt, and he seems to be doing ok for most people.

Mahonay

Banned
As soon as they saw Roman can't take the fan reactions, (this is real life!) they should have pulled the plug on him. Ain't no way they should be putting the entire company behind a guy that addresses, that draws attention, to the fact that he gets booed as the babyface.

Big Show he ain't
bigshow3.gif
Or you know. Don't be a fucking moron when it comes to booking and turn him heel if you are that desperate to make him a top draw.

Vince being so unreasonably high on Roman is what has hurt him more than anything. Basic booking 101 type of shit has been absolutely ignored during most of his run. You are supposed to build on a guy's strength and hide his weaknesses. It shouldn't be this hard.

Or you know. Don't be a fucking moron when it comes to booking and turn him heel if you are that desperate to make him a top draw.

Vince being so unreasonably high on Roman is what has hurt him more than anything. Basic booking 101 type of shit has been absolutely ignored during most of his run. You are supposed to build on a guy's strength and hide his weaknesses. It shouldn't be this hard.

How can he learn when you keep giving him money/Network subs for his mistakes

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

They aren't going to do this with the guy they want to be the face of their company. They didn't do it with Cena when he got bad reactions early in his reigns. They just kept pushing him and figured it was worth the sacrifice to gain more of the market Cena appealed to.

Vince is not going to take his big merch drive/future face of the company and turn him into a face. Ever. He didn't with Hogan, he didn't with Austin and when he finally did it was a huge merch drop, and he didn't with Cena. You basically need to have a titanium spine like Cena did because as time goes on, fans are more naturally going to rebel against the chosen one because they're the chosen one, regardless of wrestling ability. It's not always going to be the same fans either.

Top Bottom