• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

I re-watched SSS16.

I don't think Tommy End is a good singles wrestler. In fact, he might actually be bad.

Data was right again.

He's good in the faux-UWFi setting and in the tag team with Hero. I haven't loved any singles matches I've seen him in other than the match against Thatcher that was in the faux-UWFi style.

This. Man some Gaffers have high ass standards, Roman to me is better then huge chuck of people in the WWE.

"High ass standards" for a guy that gets a bewildering amount of support from WWE despite little to show for it. If you think he has great matches, that's fine, but that's on the low end of what matters in a top guy.

Mahonay

Banned
They aren't going to do this with the guy they want to be the face of their company. They didn't do it with Cena when he got bad reactions early in his reigns. They just kept pushing him and figured it was worth the sacrifice to gain more of the market Cena appealed to.

Vince is not going to take his big merch drive/future face of the company and turn him into a face. Ever. He didn't with Hogan, he didn't with Austin and when he finally did it was a huge merch drop, and he didn't with Cena.
All of the guys you've compared him too were infinitely more over than Reigns has ever been as a singles competitor. Even Cena was over as fuck initially as Thuganomics Cena. There was a good reason for Vince wanting Hogan, Austin, and Cena to be the faces of his company come hell or high water.

Roman was over for a single RAW in Philly that one time.

At some point you need to try something different. Hell, Austin started as the fucking Ringmaster. But yeah that's not the best comparison since that was well before Vince put the company behind him.

Toki767

Reigns failed a wellness test?

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

Mahonay

Banned
you know what's really fucked up is I've enjoyed what I've seen of Jericho lately
He's been on point.
How can he learn when you keep giving him money/Network subs for his mistakes
WWE is the only major wrestling promotion left and most of my favorite wrestlers exist inside of it, so no, I'm not going to stop watching just because Roman is the top guy. Roman's matches are watchable at least.

All of the guys you've compared him too were infinitely more over than Reigns has ever been as a singles competitor. Even Cena was over as fuck initially as Thuganomics Cena. There was a good reason for Vince wanting Hogan, Austin, and Cena to be the faces of his company come hell or high water.

Roman was over for a single RAW in Philly that one time.

At some point you need to try something different. Hell, Austin started as the fucking Ringmaster. But yeah that's not the best comparison since that was well before Vince put the company behind him.

Rewatch the Rumble end with Reigns and Batista

Vince's eyes lit the fuck up at that reaction. Brighter than diamonds. Guarantee if he wasn't completely set on Reigns eventually being the guy by then, he was at that point.

Aiii

So not worth it
Damn, dude. He's fine at wrestling, he just sucks at being a white meat babyface.

Although if I learned anything from reading Jericho's book, its that dude protects the shit out of his character.

I was responding to the hypothetical that being booed drove him to do hard drugs. Which is ridiculous enough to not treat my comment as a serious one, I had assumed. Apparently I was mistaken.

Toki767

Vince's eyes lit the fuck up at that reaction. Brighter than diamonds. Guarantee if he wasn't completely set on Reigns eventually being the guy by then, he was at that point.

Except Vince failed to realize that people weren't cheering Reigns because he was Reigns. They were cheering him because he wasn't Batista.

Mahonay

Banned

Vince does seem to judge a lot from Rumble reactions historically.

JavyOO7

Fox brought up a good point about WWE's testing compared to UFC's with USADA. USADA is constantly checking, or at least giving the illusion, they are. I wonder how often WWE checks their talent...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roman gets 30 days for drugs while Titus gets 90 for touching Vince's arm.

From what Meltzer says, the problem wasn't necessarily the arm touching, its that Titus has a history of breaking character.

Top Bottom