• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Cheap Heat and the Shoemaker Unnamed Podcast have both been great post-divorce. A great job of striking a balance: sounding like normal people at a bar chatting WWE instead of getting too smarky / insider or being too bro-style sports talk radio. As normal as a person who would chat WWE at a bar could sound, of course.

Plus the fact they all actually, sincerely enjoy watching the product despite any complaints helps tremendously.

Is Shoemaker's podcast on it's own feed or listed within The Ringer?

jmdajr

Look how fucking happy that crowd is

today it's more like

900x900px-LL-ce96e48a_Pzz8LXb.gif

amIrite?

Fox318

He was meant to fight on the show UFC had to use to promote Summerslam so I wonder if Punk threw a tantrum so he could be put on a different PPV.

I doubt that. There is a FS1 tv series dealing with Punk's debut fight. I can't see him having any grounds after 2 years of not fighting having any say with when he fights.

He's coming up on almost 2 years since his announcement and 3 since his last meaningful wrestling/pop culture TV exposure.

Fox318

I'm dead. How many fights is he signed up for? Or how long is his contract?

He signed a 8 fight deal.

At this point I'm not sure if he will ever fight. Plus with potential new UFC ownership who knows if they even want to deal with him anymore.

Plus even though Gall is supposed to get a big payday out of this he is missing out on fights ad paydays waiting around to see if the 40 year old comic book writer finally feels secure enough in his jiu jitsu to last more than 30 seconds on the ground.

Almost every UFC fighter goes into the cage with some sort of injury from training or previous history. If your injures are bad enough where you can't even ride a workout bike maybe you are better off doing something else with your life.

He signed a 8 fight deal.

At this point I'm not sure if he will ever fight. Plus with potential new UFC ownership who knows if they even want to deal with him anymore.

Plus even though Gall is supposed to get a big payday out of this he is missing out on fights ad paydays waiting around to see if the 40 year old comic book writer finally feels secure enough in his jiu jitsu to last more than 30 seconds on the ground.

Almost every UFC fighter goes into the cage with some sort of injury from training or previous history. If your injures are bad enough where you can't even ride a workout bike maybe you are better off doing something else with your life.

Maybe this means Punk is coming back for the brand split /smark

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone picking up Lucha Mexico in a week or two?
13509000_838761929594187_6494948051408639255_n.jpg

Strongman in Mexico!

Heroman

Banned
Gaf, Remember around WM31 there was a rumor that Brock was mad at roman because he failed his drug test due brock wanted to go to the ufc? It is weird how both of them came true.

D-Bry commentating is cool. The few times he's been on commentary he was better than Cole, JBL and Lawler, which isn't saying anything at all but still.

If it works out I'd rather have him be on commentary than GM for Smackdown. Make it Mauro, Graves and D-Bry. Concussions can't keep a good commentary team down.

Adree

Meltzer has children? How is this possible? I don't know how he fits in all the wrestling/mma he does without going insane much less have a family (or had one?) at any point in his life.

Adree

D-Bry commentating is cool. The few times he's been on commentary he was better than Cole, JBL and Lawler, which isn't saying anything at all but still.

If it works out I'd rather have him be on commentary than GM for Smackdown. Make it Mauro, Graves and D-Bry. Concussions can't keep a good commentary team down.

It makes sense to have a double commentary team for CWC that both know what all the moves are. He won't have to be selling any angles or doing face/heel dynamic so it should be good.

Who does everyone want to win the Cruiserweight Invitational?

Fuck making new stars, I'm all about Tajiri and Brian Kendrick (he's my number one pick so long as he's THE Brian Kendrick)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have no reasonable expectation it won't come down to Ibushi and Sabre Jr. since those are both guys NXT is known to be very likely to sign.

They should just bring back a cruiserweight division and put it on one brand with the Women's division on the other...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who does everyone want to win the Cruiserweight Invitational?

Fuck making new stars, I'm all about Tajiri and Brian Kendrick (he's my number one pick so long as he's THE Brian Kendrick)

I don't really care who wins, honestly

Meltzer has children? How is this possible? I don't know how he fits in all the wrestling/mma he does without going insane much less have a family (or had one?) at any point in his life.

He sleeps maybe 5 hours a day regularly, max. If you do it long enough it becomes normal for your body.

notworksafe

Wow, the return of No Mercy and Backlash and Clash of Champions! When are we getting the return of Bash at the Beach, Halloween Havoc, and War Games?

You mean that's his schedule to fight, or he just refuses to fight until then? Because i could believe either one.

Helwani says that's the date they're going to try and do the fight. Gall and Punk are both 1) still training and 2) still filming stuff for the hype show, contract date isn't final yet but they're aiming for UFC 203 in Cleveland Sept 10

Top Bottom