• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

Kaladin

I'm thinking the draft and brand split is the perfect time to streamline NXT.

Make the call-ups a part of the draft, and the draft only. Make it known that GMs can call someone up from NXT somehow in the rules.

It would make NXT feel more like a brand and a part of the process.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm thinking the draft and brand split is the perfect time to streamline NXT.

Make the call-ups a part of the draft, and the draft only. Make it known that GMs can call someone up from NXT somehow in the rules.

It would make NXT feel more like a brand and a part of the process.
I mean the word a while ago given to the talent at NXT was that the roster was going to get raided for the brand split. I'd be surprised if they didn't make that a big part of the draft. But WWE has a strong habit of deciding to completely ignore the easiest and most exciting possibilities.

So I got an email this morning from the venue for pre-sale tickets for the Aug. 16th episode of Smackdown.

First, congrats to me for getting seats in the sixth row off the floor opposite the hard cam.

Second, here are the advertised wrestlers for this post-split Smackdown:

Dean, Seth, AJ

and the goddamn Romeva Mareigns :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's only like three valid targets for a mass NXT callup: Samoa Joe, Finn Balor and American Alpha (I mean, and Nakamura, but I think they're gonna let him get his feet wet doing long and longer promo segments before a call-up happens). NXT has way less big important guys than people are apparently envisioning. I mean, yeah, I guess you could promote Buddy Murphy or Tye Dillinger, but I don't get what that would accomplish.

Shinsuke Nakamura is going to be an absolute megastar on the main roster, but I don't know if Vince and the writers will have any idea how to handle this dude. I'm guessing he's gonna be popular enough to force Vince's hand though.

Kaladin

So I got an email this morning from the venue for pre-sale tickets for the Aug. 16th episode of Smackdown.

First, congrats to me for getting seats in the sixth row off the floor opposite the hard cam.

Dean, Seth, AJ

Sounds like Smackdown is the wrasslin' brand.

Fox318

Avatar bet: if CM Punk ever does fight we all must change our avatars to him for a day for every second his match lasts.

Frankly I only think Punk has a punchers chance and he doesn't have a strong history of striking.

Plus there were reports coming out that of his 16 practice fight he has lost 15 of them.

Fox318

Dean, Seth, AJ

make sure you bring a sign that makes fun of somebody on this message board

Tom Nook

today it's more like

900x900px-LL-ce96e48a_Pzz8LXb.gif

amIrite?

LOL, context?

Is Dixie world champ? Or the show is just over?

Dean, Seth, AJ

I doubt Seth and AJ are on the same show. They need to separate their top heels.

Unless Owens gets elevated to top heel on Raw.

It's heartening to see mah boi D Bryne become the opening tutorial of a wrestling game career mode. I really hope he does take a head trainer job to show the kiddos the do's and more importantly the dont's of what it takes to be in THIS BUSINESS.

Basically be Yoda cause he's so tiny yet powerful.

He signed a 8 fight deal.

At this point I'm not sure if he will ever fight. Plus with potential new UFC ownership who knows if they even want to deal with him anymore.

Plus even though Gall is supposed to get a big payday out of this he is missing out on fights ad paydays waiting around to see if the 40 year old comic book writer finally feels secure enough in his jiu jitsu to last more than 30 seconds on the ground.

Almost every UFC fighter goes into the cage with some sort of injury from training or previous history. If your injures are bad enough where you can't even ride a workout bike maybe you are better off doing something else with your life.
Phil is my boy but he's about to be the Gilberg of the ufc

shaowebb

Okay...I gotta know. Can I still enter someone into the Avatar Battle Royale since last time I apparently didn't have anyone in it for the avatar bet?

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/745566910289317888
CljJJd5UkAAizrW.jpg

"so scott pushes her onto the table, the crowd cheers as she struggles. She gets away, then they chant "slut" #wwe02"

Truly, we live in slightly less fucking awful times.
Okay...I gotta know. Can I still enter someone into the Avatar Battle Royale since last time I apparently didn't have anyone in it for the avatar bet?
I assume so, don't know when we're planning any more

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Avatar Rumble, at MOST, should be a "once every six months" deal.

You risk diluting what makes it special.

However - the worms on gaming-side would probably appreciate a kideo game themed Rumble, so if anyone is brave. In fact, the participation would probably be HUGE so you could do THREE Royal Rambles, and then have a triple threat match at the end. Or six of them, and an Elimination Chamber match.

Sephzilla

Avatar Rumble, at MOST, should be a "once every six months" deal.

You risk diluting what makes it special.

However - the worms on gaming-side would probably appreciate a kideo game themed Rumble, so if anyone is brave. In fact, the participation would probably be HUGE so you could do THREE Royal Rambles, and then have a triple threat match at the end. Or six of them, and an Elimination Chamber match.

I agree with Sunny. Save the next Avatar Rumble for sometime between SummerSlam and Survivor Series.

Alternatively, I propose an Avatar King of the Ring Tournament

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with Sunny. Save the next Avatar Rumble for sometime between SummerSlam and Survivor Series.

Alternatively, I propose an Avatar King of the Ring Tournament

Avatar King of the Ring needs higher stakes.

Six month avatar bet.

Top Bottom