• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say 2 months. 6 months is going to scare away a lot of people, which hurts the overall "avatar" brand. 2 months will still keep the list of entrants to a high number.

But with KOTR you have eight entrants. a 1/8 chance of everyone suffering for your joy as opposed to 1/30.

Make it six months. Less people will take the risk. It'll be a bigger payoff.

Sephzilla

But with KOTR you have eight entrants. a 1/8 chance of everyone suffering for your joy as opposed to 1/30.

Make it six months. Less people will take the risk. It'll be a bigger payoff.

In my head I'd bump the list of entrants up to 16 or 32. That way you can have the tournament over the span of a week or something and watch the field slowly dwindle as WrassleGAF slowly begins to fear what the final winner might be. Then on the final night we run the final matches to crown an Avatar Champion. This way you #diversify and make Avatar King of the Ring a one week event and keep the Avatar Rumble the "one night" event.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In my head I'd bump the list of entrants up to 16 or 32. That way you can have the tournament over the span of a week or something and watch the field slowly dwindle as WrassleGAF slowly begins to fear what the final winner might be. Then on the final night we run the final matches to crown an Avatar Champion

Keep it 8. Make it high stakes. Don't overstretch. I bet you'll find seven people willing to do it. Get dangerous. Real stakes. Don't wimp out. Don't!

Sephzilla

Keep it 8. Make it high stakes. Don't overstretch. I bet you'll find seven people willing to do it. Get dangerous. Real stakes. Don't wimp out. Don't!

giphy.gif

I'll think about it. Regardless I think we're onto a good idea here

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do with KOTR what you can't do with an Av Rumble. I like the idea of a week, but you can work an 8-person out to a week.

Bigger stakes mean you get less participants. Can't fill an Av Rumble with 30 people doing six month bets, but 8 people.

Cmon think about it. And you too Boots. 1/8 chance of ZANDIG. FOR SIX MONTHS!

Do with KOTR what you can't do with an Av Rumble. I like the idea of a week, but you can work an 8-person out to a week.

Bigger stakes mean you get less participants. Can't fill an Av Rumble with 30 people doing six month bets, but 8 people.

Cmon think about it. And you too Boots. 1/8 chance of ZANDIG. FOR SIX MONTHS!

Vince you crazy genius.

I'm new/sort of a lurker here so feel free to disregard my opinion - but if you have KOTR with 8 people then the winner should just be allowed to hand pick avatars for the losers individually. That would be a better prize than just everyone running around with the same face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm new/sort of a lurker here so feel free to disregard my opinion - but if you have KOTR with 8 people then the winner should just be allowed to hand pick avatars for the losers individually. That would be a better prize than just everyone running around with the same face.

Its not a bad idea, but the idea of cheering for one person to beat another because "JESUS FUCK I DON'T WANT TO BE FUCKING JUSTIN CREDIBLE BEAT HIS ASSSSSSS BROCK LESNAR!" is a nice angle to have and can emotionally invest in.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/745566910289317888
https://pbs.t e table, the crowd cheers as she struggles. She gets away, then they chant "slut" #wwe02"

Truly, we live in slightly less fucking awful times.
I assume so, don't know when we're planning any more[/QUOTE]

Every Steph storyline pre-Authority is uncomfortable and the current state of her character is her completely justified revenge for years of the crowd chanting "slut" at her while the wrestlers did uncomfortable rape-y shit to her.

I havent looked at how is in the Counterweight thing at all

THE Brian Kendrick in is?

Sure. Ok.

Is there a list of the people they are bringing in for this thing? Anyone notable?

somedevil

I havent looked at how is in the Counterweight thing at all

THE Brian Kendrick in is?
Sure. Ok.
Is there a list of the people they are bringing in for this thing? Anyone notable?

Here is the list:

Kota Ibushi
Gran Metalik
Tajiri
Zack Sabre Jr
Noam Dar
Da Mack
Zumbi
Clement Petiot
Fabian Aichner
Harv Sihra
Gurv Sihra
Rich Swann
Brian Kendrick
Cedric Alexander
Akira Tozawa
Jack Gallagher
Johnny Gargano
Tony Nese
Tommaso Ciampa
Ho Ho Lun
TJ Perkins
Anthony Bennett
Drew Gulak
Tyson Dux
Lince Dorado
Sean Maluta
Raul Mendoza
Kenneth Johnson
Alejandro Saez
Damien Slater
Jason Lee
Ariya Daivari

Gran Metalik is Mascara Dorada from New Japan/CMLL.

shaowebb

I assume so, don't know when we're planning any more

Okay then. Welp...if I have to choose someone for the Avatar Rumble then am I allowed to insert something ridiculous like last time or is there not enough time at this point? After all, last time had Robocop.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Okay then. Welp...if I have to choose someone for the Avatar Rumble then am I allowed to insert something ridiculous like last time or is there not enough time at this point? After all, last time had Robocop.

Never again. Has to be a real competitor, not a one-timer.

Robocop was a disgrace.

Oliver Platt played the role of Jimmy King much in the same way Terry Bollea plays the role of Hulk Hogan. The unconventional way in which he had his matches broadcasted (a feature film) is hardly different than something like, say, Lucha Underground. His kayfabe pedigree is the most impressive of any wrestler, having been undefeated for nearly a quarter of a century. I posit that you cannot deny my entry of Jimmy King when the time comes.

Oliver Platt played the role of Jimmy King much in the same way Terry Bollea plays the role of Hulk Hogan. The unconventional way in which he had his matches broadcasted (a feature film) is hardly different than something like, say, Lucha Underground. His kayfabe pedigree is the most impressive of any wrestler, having been undefeated for nearly a quarter of a century. I posit that you cannot deny my entry of Jimmy King when the time comes.

You can have this Jimmy King

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=13337&gimmick=Jimmy+King

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Its an unfortunate coincidence. Watergate was a WAY larger deal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the 70s, I highly recommend the series "The Seventies" on Netflix, especially the episode about Cults. It's strange to see that people feel today people are enamored with all sorts of bananas crazy shit about violence and killers and personalities, when in the 70s it was FAR crazier and a bigger deal. We as a society have come a long way. The 70s were incredibly bleak. People were going fucking nuts in America and the murder count was crazy high.

Kaladin

Speaking of the 70s, I highly recommend the series "The Seventies" on Netflix, especially the episode about Cults. It's strange to see that people feel today people are enamored with all sorts of bananas crazy shit about violence and killers and personalities, when in the 70s it was FAR crazier and a bigger deal. We as a society have come a long way. The 70s were incredibly bleak. People were going fucking nuts in America and the murder count was crazy high.

All of those CNN produced series have been great. They also did The Sixties and The Eighties. I love how they use news reels to tell the story. The JFK episode in The Sixties is especially a highlight.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You may wonder why people ever were into Charles Manson, but seeing him at the beginning of his trial (and a bit before that) - that man was somethin' else. Charismatic motherfucker.

Women sitting outside the courtroom listening on radios for the verdict with Xes on their foreheads. It was really something else.

And let's not forget all the other fuckin' mental people. Ted Bundy. Not a far cry from how people treat photogenic killers today either. Same old shit.

Top Bottom