• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

XenoRaven

Why do you feel this way, XenoRaven? I enjoy Bob's Burgers myself.
I've only seen one episode, so it's not fair for me to judge, but the whole premise of the episode revolved around Bob having to poop at a certain time of the day, and poop isn't funny to me. Also there was a capoeira guy who kept whipping his hair and saying "Brazil". I also don't find the sadistic psycho kid trope funny.

It kind of feels like it's trying super hard to relate to middle class America instead of just being a funny show.

It's sad too because I like the guy who voices Bob, as he is also the voice of one of the best animated characters ever; Coach McGuirk.

Zach

I've only seen one episode, so it's not fair for me to judge, but the whole premise of the episode revolved around Bob having to poop at a certain time of the day, and poop isn't funny to me. Also there was a capoeira guy who kept whipping his hair and saying "Brazil". I also don't find the sadistic psycho kid trope funny.

It kind of feels like it's trying super hard to relate to middle class America instead of just being a funny show.

It's sad too because I like the guy who voices Bob, as he is also the voice of one of the best animated characters ever; Coach McGuirk.
I like Bob's Burgers, Home Movies, and Archer. They're all really good in their own way. You should give BB another go, although it does indulge in gross-out toilet humor here and there.

Kaladin

Anyone watching Preacher?

It has elements I like, but I'm not sure how I feel about the whole. Cassidy is fucking awesome though and is probably going to keep me watching.

DMczaf

Meltz

With the brand split, and needing to add a substantial number of people to the main roster because of the exclusive nature of Raw and Smackdown going forward, the company has been very aggressive when it comes to trying to bring in talent.

They have been calling anyone they can think of who was a former star and can still go.

Scooter! THIS IS OUR CHANCE! We can still go!

DMczaf

Some more Meltz

Styles is the other example. Two years ago, when TNA wanted to cut his salary significantly and he was looking out, WWE made him a joke of an offer and he ended up going to New Japan, which really made his career. He got enough buzz that WWE was willing to bring him back, and let him use his name, in January. But he was not planned whatsoever to be a main eventer. He was booked to be low on cards and perhaps work to middle. But the reaction at the Royal Rumble, and even more so at the house shows where he was getting either the first or second best reaction even with almost no WWE television, changed the perception of him and now he’s considered one of the company’s five top regular stars.

Kurt Angle, MVP, Carlito and Stevie Richards are the only names we can confirm who have been approached, and Angle went public on 6/21 on Mark Madden’s radio show. Lots of other names have been reported elsewhere. Angle was called by Paul Levesque but no specific ideas were talked about past they would get back with him. There is no deal in place, and there’s no way Angle can work the WWE road schedule. At best he’d have to have a HHH or Brock Lesnar like schedule, unless they decide to use him in a non-wrestling position. Those in WWE do believe Angle will end up involved in some way. That was a total about-face regarding Angle, who Levesque didn’t even talk to in March when both were at the Arnold Expo, and who Vince McMahon had said since 2006 that he would never bring back because he believed it was far too great a risk to the company.

Angle pretty much a done deal in terms of coming back to WWE, just a matter of what that deal will be.

I think that was a season one ep, and can confidently say that was the worst season

Still a good season imo but still. It got much better from there

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've carried him for 10 years, what's another year or two?

yLOQDQR.gif

RBH

Some more Meltz

Angle pretty much a done deal in terms of coming back to WWE, just a matter of what that deal will be.

So happy for AJ Styles. He deserves it all, and then some.

And I'm pretty excited for the potential of seeing Kurt Angle on WWE TV again. He doesn't need to be in an in-ring role at all, just give me goofy Kurt Angle as a manager or commissioner-type figure, and I'm happy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Matt and Jeff are going to get the same look because of that brother Nero thing. The only thing holding them back would be the terms of their TNA deals.

MG310

Get Angle and the Hardys in and film as much network content as they can before it probably goes south.

I want Angle/Shane commentary over their KOTR match.

UberTag

Bring back Shelton and reunite the Minnesota Stretching Crew

https://youtu.be/6XI3GLXLX5g
I want to see Angle brought back to mentor American Alpha for a few months only to betray them when the original Team Angle returns to feud with them. Give Kurt one last match and a proper Hall of Fame induction and give Shelton one last meaningful run. (Haas can take on a road agent gig or something.)

Toki767

So since they got Teddy and Johnny to come back so far, I guess it's only a matter of time before the other past GMs show up? Which would be Vickie, Bischoff, and Kurt.

I want to see Angle brought back to mentor American Alpha for a few months only to betray them when the original Team Angle returns to feud with them. Give Kurt one last match and a proper Hall of Fame induction and give Shelton one last meaningful run. (Haas can take on a road agent gig or something.)
Only problem with that is, Cornette has said that Haas is through with wrestling. Doesn't even follow it anymore. He just couldn't put up with the bullshit anymore. Well wwe wrestling I should say.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Benoit's sister is in the next Jericho podcast

LqxQq.gif

ROH making moves

They were hoping to get Dragon Lee for the 7/16 show in Philadelphia. I don’t know that it was to do a dream match with Kamaitachi, but that’s what I’d either do or build up to. But Lee’s knee injury will delay him coming in, at least based on what the promotion has been told. We’re also told that Dragon Lee still wants to work that date. They’ve opened up relations with CMLL and the first CMLL talent will debut on that show

Katsuyori Shibata has gotten his working visa and he’ll debut on the 8/19 Death Before Dishonor PPV show in Las Vegas which will include much of the New Japan crew

Top Bottom